10 Best Thin Light Weight Smartphones India
10 Best Thin Light Weight Smartphones India: There was a time when we use to have the Nokia or Siemen’s brick sized mobiles for communication. From Apple to Samsung, Vivo to Gionee the battle for creating the slim, sleek and lightweight smartphones is On.
Manufacturers are finding new ways to squeeze every bit of hardware in a frame as thin as 5.0 mm. The users love it, easy to carry, use and look gorgeous.
Almost within a year we have seen many smartphones who have claimed to be the world’s thinnest smart phone but one after another we can see slim phones, the battle for the lightest and thinnest got intense with Oppo and Vivo both having smartphones below 5.0 mm thickness. Even Gionee and Micromax have thrown in their hats with 5.1 mm thin smartphones.
Slim is the new Sexy mantra works even in case of the smartphones. We may see a 4.5 mm thin smartphone in the coming year, provided some break through happens in high density battery technology.
For Now, let’s look at the best thin and light weight smartphones you can buy in India. Lets start with the Uber mobile among the thin smartphones in the world.
10 Best Thin Light Weight Smartphones : The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo announced the world’s slimmest phone X5 Max on December 10th 2014. It is also available in India for a price tag of Rs. 29,000. The smartphone is the World’s thinnest measuring only 4.75 mm in thickness. It broke the record of OPPO R5 which has a thickness of 4.85 mm.
Vivo brand got launched got in India and offer a full array from entry to mid level phones. Recently Vivo launched the Mid Range smartphone Vivo V1 for Rs. 15,999 in India. It is the thinnest smartphone with 4G LTE support and an Octa-Core processor.
The X5 Max is their flagship offering in the Indian market and stands out for its thin frame. The Vivo X5Max is an incredible 4.75mm slim phone launched in December 2014. The Vivo X5 Max a 5.5-inch full-HD Super AMOLED display.
It runs Android 4.4.4 with Funtouch OS 2.0 UI on top.
The smartphone is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with 2 GB of RAM. The smartphone includes 16 GB inbuilt storage which is further expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB).
It also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and Sony IMX214 sensor, while also housing a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The X5Max is a dual-SIM device and supports 4G LTE on both the SIMs.
Key Specs Vivo X5 Max
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal memory
- Expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Funtouch OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (micro SIM + nano SIM)
- 13 MP rear camera with LED Flash, F/2.0 aperture
- 5 MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2000mAh battery
- Decent design
- Expandable memory
- Good Camera
- Poor battery
- Lacks Android Lollipop 5.1
ZTE Blade V6 (6.8 mm Thick)
The ZTE V6 is a metal clad smartphone with a thickness of 6.8 mm. The device has curved edges and it is very comfortable for palms. The smartphone is also lightweight, weighing just 122 grams makes it feather light. It is launched in August 2016 priced at Rs. 9999 or $150. Excellent thin and lightweight smartphone under 10K.
The ZTE blade V6 features a 5 inch screen and HD resolution. Powering the smartphone is a Mediatek MT6735 processor clocked at 1.3 GHz, a Mali T720 GPU and 2GB RAM. For storage the device includes a 16 GB internal storage space and micro SD slot which supports up to 128 GB. It runs on Android lollipop 5.0.2 with ZTE’s MiFavor UI on top, this brings all apps to the home screen without using an app drawer.
The smartphone’s rear camera is 13 megapixels and for selfies a 5 Megapixel front camera is provided..
It packs a 2200 mAh battery which can give a day of backup with average usage. Connectivity features includes 4G with dual SIM and other standard connectivity features like Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS.
Key Specs For ZTE Blade V6
- 5.0-inch HD display with resolution (720×1280 pixels)
- OS Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Processor 1.3 GHz Quad core Mediatek MT6735
- RAM 2 GB
- ROM 16 GB Internal Memory with MicroSD card slot
- Expandable storage – 128 GB
- Connectivity – 4G LTE , Dual Sim
- Fingerprint Scanner – NO
- Primary Camera 13-MP rear camera with LED Flash, Front 5 Megapixel
- Battery 2,200 mAh with Super power saving mode
- Metallic design
- 128 Expandable memory
- Optimal Price
- Moderate battery Life
- No Fingerprint scanner
Best Thin And And Light Weight Smartphones: Gionee made headlines in February 2014, when it announced the world’s slimmest smartphone, “Gionee Elife S5.5”, during the Mobile World Congress.
While new slimness records are made and broken every year. Elife S5.5 is just 5.6 mm slim. The front and the back covers are made from, toughed glass made of metal, it looks extremely sleek and attractive.
The smartphone sports some of the impressive hardware and processing capabilities. The smartphone is currently priced at Rs.
Key Specs –
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) with Amigo 2.0 UI ,can be updated to Android 4.4 Kitkat
- 13 MP auto focus camera with LED flash, Stacked Sony sensor, 1080p video recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera 2GB LPDDR3 RAM 16GB internal memory 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WIFI Direct
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG GPS
- 2300 mAh battery capacity.
- Stunning design with premium look
- Wide angle selfie-centric front camera
- Light Weight
- Misses the notification LED
- Limited Memory (No space for External SD Card)
- Android Lollipop missing
Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 (Top Choice)
The new Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 got launched in March 2016 and is priced at Rs. 26,900. It is the successor of last years Samsung A7 which was 6.3 mm in thickness. Samsung has evolved a lot in terms of design and there is a special focus by company to offer better thin designed smartphones to buyers.
The smartphone supports exquisite glass and metal construction which makes it look stunning.
Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 is a good thin smartphone priced around Rs. 30,000. Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 comes with a premium metallic slim design with 5.5 inch Full HD Super AMOLED Display.
The smartphone has thin bezels and the thickness of the device stands at 7.3 mm, it is not the thinnest smartphone out there, yet feels quite sharp. Samsung improved the battery capacity compared to the older A7 2015 model which added a bit of bulk.
The smartphone is also not very lite and weighs (164 grams) considering the larger display and a 3300 mAH capacity battery that it houses.
The A7 is powered by the Exynos Octa- Core Processor Clocked at 1.6 Ghz and also comes with 3 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 has 16 GB of storage that is expandable to 64 GB using a micro-sd card.
The device runs on Android Lollipop OS along with the touch wiz UI.
Key Specs for Samsung Galaxy A7
- Display: 5.5 inch 1080×1920 Super AMOLED ` 401 PPI
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with touch wiz UI
- CPU: Octa Core 1.6 Ghz Exynos Processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 16 GB expandable up to 128 GB
- Cameras: 13 MP (rear) LED flash + 5 MP (front) front Camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/3G, Dual Nano-SIM, Wi-Fi,Bluetooth, GPS
- Weight: 164 grams
- Dimension: 151.5 x 74.1 x 7.3 mm
- Battery: 3300 mAh
Thin beautiful Metallic design.
Full HD Super AMOLED Display , 2.5 D Curve Gorilla Glass 4
Expensive priced at Rs. 26,900.
10 Best Thin Light Weight Smartphones : The Vivo X3S Smart Phone did broken lot of records and has by offering a thickness of just 5.95 mm which is amazing. The device does look like a music player and not a phone but well it’s an Android 4.2 based thin smartphone.
It comes with a HD Display of 5 inches with a resolution of 1280 x 720p. The smartphone weighs 153 grams and has a passable battery capacity of 2000 mAH.
Key Specs –
- 5 inch HD Display with 1280*720 resolution
- 5.57 mm slim and Android 4.2.2.
- 1.7 Ghz Octa- Core processor .
- 16 GB internal Storage.
- 1 GB RAM.
- 13 Megapixel camera with f1.8 aperture
- 5 MP front facing camera.
- Android OS 4.2 and funtouch Mod.
- Good Camera.
- Good Processor
- No Software updates , lacks 4G support
10 Best Thin Light Weight Smartphones : One of the biggest complaints that people have had about Samsung over the years is that all its phones look very similar. Samsung has stuck to the same look for a very long time. Samsung Galaxy A8 breaks that convention.
The smartphone is well build and look gorgeous with the 5.7 inch Super Amoled Display. It even packs a huge battery of 3050 mAH despite having a thin frame. The smartphone offers great performance and style. The smartphone is quite light in weight measures 151 grams.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 encompasses the most attractive features of these mid-range devices – slim design, powerful processor, large display – and puts the Samsung brand name to it. This is Samsung’s close to flagship mobile and is priced close to Rs. 35,000 in the Indian market.
Key Specs –
- Display: 5.7 inch 1080×1920 Super AMOLED
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- CPU: Octa Core 1.8 / 1.3 GHz octa-core Exynos 5430 SoC
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 32 GB expandable up to 128GB
- Cameras: 16 MP (rear) LED flash + 5MP (front)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/3G, dual-SIM, Wi-Fi,Bluetooth, GPS
- Weight: 151 grams
- Dimension: 158 x 76.8 x 5.9 mm
- Battery: 3050 mAh
- Supreme display.
- Large Storage.
- Could have had 3 GB of RAM for price.
The OPPO R5 was launched in December 2014 with a thickness of 4.85 mm. The smartphone features a 5.2-inch full-HD AMOLED display that offers a pixel density of 423ppi. It is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with 2 GB of RAM.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone has ColorOS 2.0.1 based on Android 4.4 KitKat, with 16GB of inbuilt storage.
It also has a 2000 mAh battery. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS/ EDGE, LTE FDD, TD LTE, and Micro-USB.
- 5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal memory
- Color OS 2.0 based on Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 13 MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5 MP front-facing camera
- 4.85 mm thick
- 4G LTE / 3G WiFi Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- 2000 mAh battery
- Solid Metallic build quality
- Fantastic display
- Software and OS
- Low battery life
The Oppo R5 is usually not available in stock if you are looking for a thin selfie smartphone, you must also consider the OPPO F1 and the Oppo F1 Plus. Both of them are excellent selfie smartphones in respective price range.
Click Next Below for Some More Great Choices …