8 Ultimate Features of Samsung Galaxy S8
8 Ultimate Features of Samsung Galaxy S8 – The Note 7 debacle had a huge impact on the overall sales and the reputation of Samsung. To add insult to injury Apple recently overtook Samsung and became the world’s top smartphone manufacturer in Q4 2016.
Samsung has recently confirmed the launch date for the S8 and S8 Plus as 29-March-2017. The smartphone will likely go on sale starting 10th April 2017 globally. The Samsung S8 will battle with the newly launched Lg G6 and Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
This has pushed Samsung into one of the most difficult situation, its mobile division ever faced. Samsung knows how crucial will be the success of Galaxy S8, for the future of the company. Samsung Galaxy S8 looks very interesting and innovative.
Here are 8 Ultimate Features expected from the Samsung Galaxy S8.
8 Ultimate Features of Samsung Galaxy S8
1. It is Going to be Bigger – Galaxy S8 may come up with two variants, namely Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. While the Galaxy S8 will have a 5.8 inch display , the Galaxy S8 Plus will be 6.2 inches big. Both the phones will have the dual curves display just like the Galaxy S7 edge.
These displays do sound huge in numbers but they wont be so big in the overall physical dimensions because of the new design by Samsung with extremely small bezels, just like what we saw in Mi Mix. As per the leaked schematics and dimensions, The Galaxy S8 will be just a little wider and taller than Galaxy S7 Edge (which had a 5.5 inch screen) but it will have a bigger 5.8 inch screen. Samsung can ditch the home screen button and use the fingerprint scanner at the back.
2. More Battery life, No explosions – The Galaxy S8 will have a 3250 mAh battery and the S8 Plus will have a 3750 mAh battery as per the reports. As per the investigation by Samsung, the reason for the Note 7’s that were catching fire was battery. To avoid such a disaster now, Samsung has decided to manufacture the batteries from a Japanese country , Murata Manufacturing Company, which took over the Sony’s battery division last summer.
3. Treat for Eyes – Both the phones will have Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440x 2960p. The displays will be crisp and sharp with the Galaxy S8 having 567 pixels per inch and Galaxy S8 Plus will have 531 pixels per inch.
The display resolution of 1440×2960 is a little above the usual QHD resolution and will also have the 18:9 aspect ratio.
4. Beastly Performance – The flagship phone will be powered by the top end upcoming processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, which is built on the 10 nm Finfet process by Samsung and Qualcomm.
It and will also have Quickcharge 4.0. Samsung ordered so many of the Qualcomm 835’s that other companies like LG had to either postpone their product launch or they might have to use Snapdragon 821 in their flagship phones.
Snapdragon 835 scored more than 181k in the alleged antutu benchmark racing even ahead of the Apple A10 Fusion chip used in the iPhone 7 Plus.
5. Shutterbugs Delight – Earlier there were the rumours that there might be a dual camera setup in the Galaxy S8 just like that of the iPhone 7 Plus.
Though there is no final word on it, so lets take the information with a pinch of salt. Some other reports suggested that the phone will have a 12 MP camera with f/1.7 aperture and OIS. The front camera will be 8 MP with Dual video call and Auto HDR. According to the reports there might not be a camera bump in the Galaxy S8 design.
6. Multitasking and More Storage is Fun – phone will most probably come in two different storage options of 64 GB and 128 GB with the 64 GB model having 4 GB of RAM whereas the 128 GB model might have 6 GB of RAM.
7. Bixby – Samsung Virtual Assisitant – Artificial Intelligence is the flavor of the season and Samsung could fight the Google AI and Siri with it’s own Bixby. Sources close to the development are positive of AI getting launched with the new Samsung S8. Samsung acquired the US based AI company called as Viv Labs to give a boost to it’s AI program.
8. It Love Your Eyes – The phone is also set to have many interesting features like Iris scanner, a 3D touch display just like the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7, and a new smart assistant by Samsung just like Siri in iPhones.
The phone is set to be launched in April 2016, with a price tag of 700$ for the base variant and 55,000 INR. The success of the Galaxy S8 will be very crucial for the Samsung’s future.
Written By – Sahil Aggarwal.
You May Like to Read:
- Apple Beats Samsung in Global Smartphone Shipments : Report
- Samsung Galaxy J1 4G VOLTE India Launch Price Rs 6890
- First Samsung 6 GB RAM Smartphone Launched in India