Let’s Explore some of the exciting facts about the Internet, Telecom, and Mobile users in India.
1) How Many People in India have access to Telecom?
There are 118.3 Crore active telecom connections (Wireless + Wireline).
- 116.2 Crore out of these is Mobile users while 2.1 crores are Landline users.
2) How many People in Urban Towns have Telecom connections?
- Out of 116.2 Crore total users, about 65.2 Crore are there in Urban Areas.
3) How many People in Rural India Have Telecom Connections?
- In rural, there are 50.9 Core telecom connections.
4) How many People are using Double Sims and more than One mobile?
Urban Teledensity is 155.71% – Every 2 persons in Urban India are using 3 Sims or connections between them.
Rural Teledensity is 56.94% – Every 2 person in Rural India has 1 Sim or mobile connection.
5) How Many People Have Access to high-Speed internet or Broadband?
There are about 57.3 Crore people with an active broadband connection. Out of these, there are about 1.8 Cores Wired Broadband users. The rest of the users are either using dongles or 4G mobile connections.
Reliance JIO has about a 55% share of the total data users in India.
6) How many people do MNP every month?
- There are close to 40 lakh people who do MNP every month.
7) Which state in India has the Highest and lowest Teledensity?
Himachal Pradesh has the highest Teledensity in India 145% whereas Bihar has a mere 60% Teledensity.
7) Which is the largest telecom Company in India?
Vodafone Idea is the largest Telecom company in India with 39.3 Crores subscribers and has a share of 33.8%. Bharti Airtel is Number 2 and Reliance JIO is on Number 3 based on Subscribers count.
8) How Much data Avg Internet users use in a month?
Currently, the data usage per user is 8.74 GB / month and all the credit goes to JIO for bringing the free data revolution in India.
In 2014, Beleive me; It was an astonishing number, only 77 MB /month data, Avg. of GSM+CDMA users.
In the United States in 2008 the data consumption was only 149 MB per user. Times have changed.
9 ) How Much money an Average Mobile User spend in a Month on Recharge?
On average prepaid subscribers are spending about Rs. 70.7 on the mobile connection.
This is also called monthly ARPU (Average Revenue Per User). Of course, you may be spending higher than Rs. 70 per month.
ARPU is calculated factoring subscribers all the subscribers even the dormant or fringe users.
10) How Many Minutes an Average Indian Talk on Mobile?
It is 667 minutes per month both out-going and incoming put together.
Please share your comments on what you find fascinating.
You May Like:
All the facts in this article are based on a Consultation Paper from Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, originally published in April 2019.