Following the success of Canvas Nitro A310, Micromax had launched another reasonably priced smartphone in the Canvas Nitro series. The New smartphone is named as Micromax Canvas Nitro A311.
The Canvas Nitro A311 is priced at Rs 13,600 and is available through online retailers like Flipkart and Snapdeal.
The Canvas Nitro A311 comes with almost the same specification as that of Canvas A310, but with more internal storage(16 GB.
It sports a 5-inch IPS HD display with a resolution of 1280*720 pixels along with an oleophobic coating (fingerprint resistant). The smartphone has the iconic stitched faux leather back cover similar to what we saw on Samsung Galaxy Note 3.The device runs on Android Kit-Kat 4.4.2 powered by 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek processor (MT6592). It has ARM Mali 450 GPU. Micromax Canvas Nitro A310 powered by 2 GB RAM which is more than enough for gaming and multitasking.
The camera of Micromax Canvas Nitro A311 is a 13 MP Autofocus rear facing with Sony IMX135 sensor. And a 5 Mp front camera with 22mm wide angle lens and the device is capable of taking excellent selfies.The device includes other features like gesture support, smart alerts, quick look etc.
The battery of the device is 2500 mAH which is said to give 320 hours of standby and 10 hours talk time. Expected internet usage of 10 hours on 2G, and 5 hours on 3G.
The Canvas Nitro A311 comes with a leather back panel and available in 2 colors Pristine White and Mystic Blue.
FULL SPECIFICATION OF CANVAS NITRO A311
- Processor – 1.7 GHz Tru Octa-Core MT 6592.
- GPU – Quad Core ARM Mali-450; 700 MHz Speed.
- RAM – 2 GB
- Internal Memory – 16 GB (12.97 GB available for app & mass storage).
- External SD Card Supported – 32 GB
- Screen Type and Size – IPS HD 5 inch with 16M colors.
- Screen Resolution – HD, 1280 x 720 Pixels.
- Pixel density – 294 PPI
- Battery Capacity – 2500 mAH.
- Primary Camera – 13 MP autofocus with Sony IMX135 CMOS sensor.
- Secondary Camera – 5 MP BSI Fixed Focus f with OV5648 Sensor.
- 2G – yes Edge
- 3G – Yes HSDPA.
- 4G – No
- Dual SIM – GSM+GSM.
- Operating System – Android Kit-Kat 4.4.2.
- Upgradeable to Android Lollipop – not known.
The comparable smartphones are Samsung Grand Prime and Motorola Moto G 2nd Generation.
The advantage with Moto G 2nd Generation is that it is getting Android Lollipop so you can have a refreshed device after the update. Moto G 2nd Gen is currently priced at Rs. 12,999.
While the new Micromax Canvas A311 offers good front and rear camera with 5 MP wide-angle front and 13 MP rear for better photos and 2 GB Ram with Octa-core processor.