Google has finally announced the most anticipated Nexus Devices. – Google Motorola Nexus 6 & HTC Nexus 9. Google is welcoming everyone to the Android L party and says when they created Android as an open platform, it was meant for everyone to imagine, invent, make, or buy whatever they wanted.
Google is attributing the success of Android L to the developers who have been innovating faster, together, more than ever & would have been impossible for Google to do it alone.
Google’s vision to get everyone online with the most ambitious project the Android One which was launch in India some time back and will be launched in other countries soon
Google is excited to launch Android Lollipop and will start rolling out the update for the existing devices as well soon.Google showcased Android Lollipop at the Google I/O conference, Google says “ it’s our largest, most ambitious release on Android with over 5,000 new APIs for developers”.
Best Features of Android 5.0 Lollipop
Lollipop offers great flexibility to work on all devices and can be customized for ease as was KitKat.
Lollipop makes all your android devices sync in a manner that it becomes easy for you to pick up any device and do the task you were doing on the other device so the songs, photos, apps, and recent searches from one of your Android devices can be seamlessly enjoyed across all devices.
Take a Look at the New Material Design of Android Lollipop
The Material design for the Lollipop is magnificent. It responds to your touch, or even your voice, in more intuitive & faster ways and offers transitions between tasks fluidly.
Lollipop makes you customize the notifications like it is an iPhone you can easily see the notifications without unlocking the device, in case you are busy with some work or with family.
Android L comes with a battery Saver feature and can extend the battery life by up to 90 minutes so you can easily locate the charging point in such scenarios.
Like windows you can have multiple user accounts and guest user modes in case someone else is using your Android, your private things stay safe.
New Nexus Devices Comes with Every Major Android Release
Google is introducing the next generation of Nexus devices – Google Motorola Nexus 6 & HTC Nexus 9. Along with the Android, Lollipop to augment the advancement in software capable hardware is also desired. Google Nexus 5 was made by LG and now Google has chosen Motorola to create the Nexus 6 and HTC for Nexus 9.
Google Nexus 6 Specifications
- The Nexus 6, made by Motorola, will be the first smartphone to run Android Lollipop.
- Display – 6-inch display with Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) resolution, (493 ppi) Gorilla Glass 3.
- Size 82.98mm x 159.26mm x 10.06mm.
- Weight – 184 Gm.
- Camera – 13-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization (OIS) (An f2.0 lens and 13 megapixel camera with optical image stabilization capture great photos in daylight and low light).
- Front Camera – 2MP, HD Video Conferencing.
- Processor – The Snapdragon 805 quad-core 2.7GHz processor provides lightning fast multi-tasking and the Adreno 420 GPU.
- Battery – 3,220 Battery with fast charging and turbo mode – Get up to 6 hours of use from only 15 minutes of charging.
- Memory options – 32GB and 64GB.
- Colors – midnight blue or cloud white.
- Price – $649
India Price Nexus 6 (32GB, Midnight Blue) MRP Rs. 44,000 , Nexus 6 (64GB, Cloud White) is 49,000 on Google Play Store
Motorola has said the Moto G, Moto E & Moto-X will all get the latest update of Android Lollipop. Android 5.0 Lollipop, will also be available on Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10 and Google Play edition devices in the coming weeks.
Motorola talks about the updates in it’s official Blog.
The motorola devices to get update are:
- Moto X (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.).
- Moto G (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.).
- Moto G with 4G LTE.
- Moto E.
- Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, and Droid Mini.
HTC NEXUS 9 Specifications
- Nexus 9 comes with brushed metal sides and 8.9-inch screen it comes with a soft grip back and subtle curves, the Nexus 9 tablet features a slim profile.
- Size – 153.68mm x 228.25mm x 7.95mm.
- Color – Indigo Black, Lunar White, Sand.
- Battery – 6700 MAh.
- Display – 8.9″ IPS LCD QXGA (2048×1536) Gorilla Glass 3 Double tap to wake up the tab.
- RAM – 2GB.
- Storage – 16Gb and 32 GB.
- Processor – 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor.
- Camera – 8MP Rear camera, f/2.4Auto-focus, LED flash, 1.6MP Front camera f/2.4.
India Price for Google Nexus 9 Nexus 9 (16GB, Wi-Fi, Indigo Black) is MRP Rs. 28,900 on Google Play Store. For the Nexus 9 (32GB, LTE, Indigo Black) it is MRP Rs. 44,900.
The google Nexus 9 and nexus 6 will be the best devices available on Android both in terms of Software and Hardware Specifications. Google has made the ecosystem so powerfull that the hardware manufacturers are offering the Best to Google to launch with its Android OS versions. We saw phenomenal success with Nexus 5 & Nexus 7. I have full confidence that Nexus 9 and Nexus 6 will shatter the sales records globally. Exciting times to continue … Thanks for reading.
Flipkart is offering attractive discount and offers for the exchange of your old smartphone with Nexus 6 and get a rebate up to Rs. 10,000.
- Nexus 6 – Flipkart first offer free 3-month subscription of Flipkart first
- Exchange offer – nexus 6 return your old smartphone and get up to 10000 discount
- Nexus 6 – EMI offer get rs. 1500 cashback on purchasing on 6/9/12 month EMI via HDFC/ICICI bank
- Nexus 6 – ebooks offer get preselected Flipkart ebooks worth rs 2100 for free
Related Reading – Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Specs and Features