Apple yesterday has launched the new Apple iPhone 8 Plus along with the iphone 8 and the new iPhone X. While the new Apple iPhone X is called as the future of smartphones what has really changed in the other 2 models.
Apple first shared the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models which just seem to be incremental updates and nothing extraordinary compared to older generation of iPhones. Until they shared the iPhone X which looks more evolved and a totally new product from Cupertino tech giant.
Is the Apple iPhone 8 Plus a significant upgrade when compared to the last years Apple iPhone 7 Plus, lets do a quick specs comparison and find out what has changed in the new iPhone 8.
As far as the design goes it looks same as the iPhone 7 Plus but now comes with toughened glass back compared to older iPhone.
The smartphone also supports wireless charging with Qi technology, which was not present on the iPhone 7 Plus. But is the upgrade significant that Apple has called the new iPhone as iPhone 8 Plus instead of iPhone 7s Plus.
Specs Comparison Apple iPhone 8 Plus Vs Apple iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 8 Plus
|Design and Looks||Metallic Design||Similar design but with Glass back|
|Display||5.5 Inch Retina FHD Display with 1920×1080 pixels||5.5 Inch Retina FHD Display with 1920×1080 pixels|
|Display PPI||401 PPI with 625 nits brightness||401 PPI with 625 nits brightness|
|Processor||A10 Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture||A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture|
|Front Camera||7 Megapixel Front camera||7 Megapixel , f/2.2 aperture|
|Rear Camera||Dual 12 Mega Pixel with OIS f/1.8 aperture||Dual 12 Mega Pixel with OIS f/1.8 aperture|
|Video||4K video @ 30 FPS, Slow mo @120 FPS||4K video @ 60 FPS, Slow mo @ 240 FPS|
|OS||iOS 11||iOS 11|
|IP Rating||IP 67 Rated Dust and Water Proof||IP 67 Rated Dust and Water Proof|
|Battery||–||Comes with Fast / Wireless Charging|
|Storage||32 GB, 128 GB||64 GB, 256 GB|
|Weight||188 grams||202 grams|
|Thickness||7.3 mm||7.5 mm|
|Further OS Updates||YES||YES|
|Finger Print Scanner||Touch ID||Touch ID|
|Price||59,000 and 68,000||73,000 and 86,000|
|Colors||Gold, Rose Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black||Gold, Silver, Rose Gold|
|Availability – India||Available||29 September 2017|
To sum it up there are couple of changes in the iPhone 8 Plus when compared to the iPhone 7 Plus.
- A faster A11 processor which can offer upto 25% boost in performance.
- Minimum Storage is now 64 GB compared to the 32 GB on the iPhone 7 Plus.
- iPhone 8 Plus weighs almost 15 grams more and has 2 mm extra thickness compared to the iPhone 7 Plus.
- There are 3 color options which are available now and the Rose gold looks more like maple or light copper.
- The iPhone 8 Plus comes with a toughened glass back instead of the metal.
- The new smartphone comes with 60 FPS 4K support, and 240 FPS slow motion videos support.
- The new iPhone 8 Plus also supports fast charging and it has support for Wireless charging.
- Apple says – Up to 50% charge in 30 minutes.
What has stayed same when we compare iPhone 8 Plus with the iPhone 7 Plus.
- Display size and resolution is same on both the devices.
- Camera is almost similar though the new camera gets improved Image signal processing from Apple A11 Bionic Chip.
The update is more of an increment compared to what Apple has done with the iPhone X (iPhone 10). The new iPhone 8 Plus seems to be a better version of the iPhone 7 plus, we don’t see any reason for people owning a iPhone 7 plus to upgrade to iPhone 8 Plus.
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!