Apple yesterday has launched the new Apple iPhone 8 along with the 8 Plus and the new iPhone X. Is the Apple iPhone 8 a significant upgrade when compared to the last years Apple iPhone 7, lets do a quick specs comparison and find out what has changed in the new iPhone 8.
As far as the design goes it looks same as the iPhone 7 but now comes with toughened glass back compared to metal on the iPhone 7.
The smartphone also supports wireless charging with Qi technology, which was not present on the iPhone 7.
But is the upgrade significant that Apple has called the new iPhone as iPhone 8 instead of iPhone 7s. The new naming also ruins the naming system of next gen iPhones as we already now have the iPhone X (iPhone 10).
So Next year iPhones will be called iPhone 9 or iPhone 11, difficult to say that. Let’s have a Quick look at the Specs for Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 8. The prices are based on the Apple India official website.
Specs Comparison Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 7
|Design and Looks||Metallic Design||Similar design but with Glass back|
|Display||4.7 Inch Retina Display with 1334×750 pixels||4.7 Inch Retina Display with 1334×750 pixels|
|Display PPI||326 PPI with 625 nits brightness||326 PPI with 625 nits brightness|
|Processor||A10 Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture||A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture|
|Front Camera||7 Megapixel Front camera||7 Megapixel , f/2.2 aperture|
|Rear Camera||12 mega Pixel with OIS f/1.8 aperture||12 mega Pixel with OIS f/1.8 aperture|
|Video||4K video @ 30 FPS, Slow mo @120 FPS||4K video @ 60 FPS, Slow mo @ 240 FPS|
|OS||iOS 11||iOS 11|
|IP Rating||IP 67 Rated Dust and Water Proof||IP 67 Rated Dust and Water Proof|
|Battery||–||Comes with Fast Charging|
|Storage||32 GB, 128 GB||64 GB, 256 GB|
|Weight||138 grams||148 grams|
|Thickness||7.1 mm||7.3 mm|
|Further OS Updates||YES||YES|
|Finger Print Scanner||Touch ID||Touch ID|
|Price||49,000 and 58,000||64,000 and 77,000|
|Colors||Gold, Rose Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black||Gold, Silver, Rose Gold|
|Availability – India||Available||29 September 2017|
To sum it up there are couple of changes in the iPhone 8 compared to the iPhone 7.
- A faster A11 processor which can offer upto 25% boost in performance.
- Minimum Storage is now 64 GB compared to the 32 GB on the iPhone 7.
- iPhone 8 weighs almost 10 grams more and has 2 mm extra thickness.
- There are 3 color options which are available now and the Rose gold looks more like maple or light copper.
- The iPhone 8 comes with a toughened glass back instead of the metal.
- The new smartphone comes with 60 FPS 4K support, and 240 FPS slow motion videos support.
- The new iPhone 8 also supports fast charging and it has support for Wireless charging.
What has stayed same when we compare iPhone 8 with the iPhone 7.
- Display size and resolution is same on both the devices.
- Camera is almost similar though the new camera gets improved Image signal processing from Apple A11 Bionic Chip.
Apple iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Launch Video
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!