In the last few years, pollution has increased drastically, and India has some of the most polluted cities in the world.
In the top 20 most polluted cities globally, India has got 13 cities that include, Kanpur, Faridabad, Gaya, Gurugram, Varanasi, Agra, Muzaffarpur, Bhiwadi, Lucknow, Ghaziabad, Jaipur, Patiala, and our capital Delhi.
These are not the only cities that have a very high level of pollution; there are 100s more, that have more pollution than most cities in the developed world.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) was the second-highest cause of death in India after heart disease in 2017, killing 1 million people ~ Reports Business Standard
With an ever-increasing population, we are not able to control pollution. Extreme air pollution causes irreversible damage to our lungs and inhaling this foul air can lead to several pulmonary diseases.
This is one of the reasons why Air Purifiers came into the spotlight, that at least protects our home, office/workplace and offers better Air.
What Is An Air Purifier?
Air Purifier is a device that cleans or sanitizes the air present in the atmosphere and removes the pollutants such as particulate matter, toxins, bacteria, and viruses. In simple words, Air Purifier filters out the hazardous substances present in the air and gives us clean air.
I recently bought one Air purifier (Philips AC2887) for my office that is located near a road and desperately needed fresh air. So far the experience is good and if you are living in a polluted environment, having an Air Purifier is essential for your health.
I will try to help & get you the best purifier as per your requirement and budget.
What things to consider before buying an Air Purifier?
- Size of your room – The size of your room decides the capacity of the Air purifier that you are planning to buy. Smaller offices or rooms can be cleaned easily with basic Air purifiers.
- Presence of HEPA Filter – Generally, there are two filters present in Air Purifiers – A Composite filter and a HEPA filter. But HEPA is the most important filter between them because it filters pollutants from Air mechanically. Some Air Purifiers also have a Carbon Filter that can remove the foul smell from the Air.
- Presence of LED-Indicator – The LED indicator is essential for showing if you need to change the filter or tells us the real-time pollution level.
- Performance – The performance of the Air purifiers is measured using two measurements – CADR and ACH.
- CADR – It stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate, it indicates the level of Air emitted by an air purifier. A higher CADR tends to higher filtration capacity.
- ACH – It stands for Air Changes Per Hour, it tells us how many times an air purifier purifies the air of the room.
So, these are some of the things which you can keep in mind before buying any Air purifier. For your ease, we have done some deep diving and selected the top 7 air purifiers that you can buy currently for cleaning the air in your home or small office.
Philips Air Purifier AC0817/20
Ideal for – very small Clinic, Small Office or Bed Room
This Philips Air Purifier removes up to 99.9% of viruses and aerosols from the air and due to its compact size, it can easily fit in your home.
It is a small-sized starting range Air Purifier that you can get for a small cabin or room (200 Square feet).
The device comes from Philips with 2 years of warranty and is easy to use and portable.
Philips claimed that it is an ideal air purifier for a room size of 234 sq. ft and it is available for purchase for a price of Rs 5,884.
- Removes 99.5% particles of size up to 3um.
- Compact design (easily fit anywhere in-home).
- Comes with a HEPA filter.
- Ideal for room of up to 264 sq. ft.
- Has an intelligent auto purification mode.
- Also has a 4-step color indicator for Air quality ranging.
- Purify the room in just 16 minutes.
- CADR rate – 190*m3/hour.
- Operating modes – Auto, sleep, and turbo.
- 2- Year Guarantee.
- Lightweight(easy to carry).
- Good for small rooms.
- High-efficiency rate.
- No carbon filter.
Mi Air Purifier 2C
Xiaomi is one of the best brands when it comes to making affordable, yet decent quality gadgets. The new Mi Air purifier named Mi Air Purifier 2C is available in India for a price tag of Rs. 6999.
The Mi Air Purifier 2C uses a true HEPA filter to remove dust, mold spores, bacteria, and viruses as small as 0.3 microns from the air with 99.97% efficiency.
- Simple design.
- Has a 360-degree Air intake with 2-layer filtration.
- Remove pollutants from the air with 99.97% efficiency.
- Comes with a true HEPA filter.
- Provides high coverage area of 452 sq. ft.
- Realtime Air Quality Indicator. (Red, Orange, and Green)
- Sanitize the room air in just 10 minutes.
- Also has an auto mode.
- Light indicator to know the quality of air.
- CADR rate – 350m3/hour.
- 1-year warranty.
- Build quality is great.
- Easy to carry.
- Filters can be replaced easily.
- A bit noisy when pollution is high.
- No Carbon Filter.
- No Numerical Indication for 2.5 pm.
- Lacks App Integration or WIFI connectivity.
Mi Air Purifier 3
The Mi Air Purifier 3 is an upgrade to Mi Air Purifier 2C. The Mi Purifier 3 has an OLED touch display at the front that shows real-time PM2.5 concentration, working mode, temperature, and humidity.
That is a lot of information that can help you better manage the pollution levels.
It comes with a true HEPA filter for filtration that removes 99.97% of pollutants has a size as small as 0.3microns.
Also, the Air Purifier has large capacity of 484 Sq Feet.
The Mi Air Purifier 3 is available for purchase for Rs 9,999.
- Amazing look along with OLED display at the front.
- Has a 360-degree Air intake.
- Provide 3 layer filtration.
- Comes with a true HEPA filter.
- Coverage area – 484 sq. ft.
- Can Pair With the Mi Smart Home App.
- Suitable for the workplace and for standard rooms.
- Can control by a smart app.
- Also, work with a voice assistant.
- Comes with Air quality indicator.
- CADR rate – 380m3/hour.
- 1-year warranty.
- Effective and Easy to Use.
- Better Capacity than Small Air Purifiers.
- The smart app control feature is good.
- The LED display is small.
TrueSens Z-1000 Air Purifier
TrueSens Z-1000 Air Purifier offers a 360-degree DuPont filtration with its four-level purification that captures pollutants like VOC gases, allergens, and microscopic particles.
The Z-1000 comes with a touch-button that controls the speed of the fan, U.V. mode(helps to kill the germ), and filter replacement indicator.
There are there filters – Carbon Filter, Hepa Filter and UV Sterilization that can turn foul air into clean breathable air.
This Z-1000 Air Purifier is available for purchase on Amazon at a price of Rs 10,499.
- Plain design.
- Offer 360-degree DuPont filtration.
- Comes with U.V sterilization, carbon, and HEPA filter.
- Ideal for a standard room.
- The coverage area is 250 sq. ft. or 23 sq. m.
- Air change two times per hour in 23 sq. m.
- Filter Replacement Indicator
- Can shift from quiet speed to turbo speed.
- 2-year warranty.
- Provide 4 levels of purification.
- In every 30min. it changes the air of the room(23 sq. m.).
- Auto mode is absent.
- Lack of a touch screen or numerical indicator.
Honeywell Air Touch i8 Air Purifier
Honeywell i8 Air Purifier comes in a champagne gold or pure white color. It offers three stages of advanced filtration system that removes pollutants with more than 99% efficiency rate.
It comes with a combined HiSiv and HEPA filter that removes microscopic allergens, toxic gases, pollens, etc, like residuals and does not emit any harmful gases as a bioproduct.
Honeywell makes high quality and reliable products that can last long.
The i8 air purifier is available for a price tag of Rs 13,923.
- Premium design.
- Comes with a side-based Air intake facility.
- Removes pollutants with more than 90% efficiency.
- Offer up to 387 sq. ft. coverage area.
- Sanitize the air of 300 sq. ft. in just 15 minutes.
- Ideal for use in the living room.
- Comes with a combined HiSiv and HEPA filter.
- Also has a PM2.5 meter(measure real-time pollution level inside the room).
- Auto mode is also present.
- Light indicator to show the quality of air present in a room at that time.
- CADR rate – 300 m3/hour.
- 1-year warranty.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with an LED ring indicator.
- Can easily change filters.
- Completely ‘Ozone Free’ Air Purifier.
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander etc.
- Capacity is not huge.
Philips AC2887 Air Purifier
The Philips AC2887 Air purifier model has a very elegant and sleek design that removes 99.97% of airborne pollutants and provides the purest air to breathe inside your house.
The Air Purifier comes with 3 smart pre-settings that you can choose from: General, Allergen, and Bacteria & Virus modes that offers clean air according to the surroundings.
It is ideal for small office or even your clinic or shop. It comes with the Hepa Filter, Carbon Filter and also has a VitaShield technology that naturally purifies UFP as small as 0.02microns.
Also, the Air Purifier has excellent build and is a really durable product – comes with 2 years of warranty from Philips.
It is ideal for a room with 269-409 sq. ft. and also available at a price tag of Rs 15,499.
- Elegant & sleek design.
- Removes 99.97% of airborne pollutants(size up to 0.003 microns).
- Purify a standard room(Dimension – 18ft x 12ft x 8ft) in just 10 minutes.
- Ideal for those rooms whose area is between 269-409 sq. ft.
- Comes with an Aerasense sensor(Automatically monitor and purify the air).
- Also has 3 auto modes – General, Allergen, and Bacteria & Viruses.
- A smart light indicator that glows according to the quality of air.
- CADR rate – 344 m3/hour.
- 2-Year warranty.
- Ideal for your drawing rooms.
- High CADR rate.
- Fast purify the standard rooms.
- Would have liked more digital feedback and stats
AviZo A1606 Air Purifier
AviZo A1606 Air Purifier removes 99.97% of the microscopic pollutants include viruses and bacteria by using advanced Japanese technology.
It is an excellent alternative to the Honewell and Phillips Air Purifiers that I have listed above. Also, the AviZo comes with a large display that shows real-time pm 2.5 concentration and pollution level in the air.
Also, the Air Purifier has probably the largest capacity – 600 square feet. If you have a large office or clinic or buy for the drawing room – you can opt for this purifier.
The HEPA filter present in this purifier captures the airborne particle of size 0.3microns. The AviZo purifier is available on Amazon for buying along with a price tag of Rs 16,100.
Also, company is offering 1+4 years warranty and also claims to have a pan India customer support.
- Premium and cool design.
- Removes 99.97% of airborne particle(size-0.3microns).
- Comes with a True HEPA filter.
- Also has a digital display at its front that shows real-time air quality.
- has a smart night mode.
- Comes with intelligent auto mode.
- Carbon Filter and Hepa Filter.
- The coverage area is 600 sq. ft.
- Can sanitize room(15ft. x 10ft.) in just 6 minutes.
- Ideal for offices, and nurseries.
- CADR rate – 317m3/hour.
- 1+4-year warranty.
- Stylish look.
- easy to change filters.
- easily portable.
- Customer care service is not so good.
With ever increasing pollution and its impact on our health, I think it is essential to have an Airpurifier in your home, office, or clinic.
Also, the spread of viral diseases (Covid) is making it essential to have a germs free environment.
Having clean air is essential, but you know what eating healthy is important too – we recently wrote on the Best Air Fryers to improve health – can have a look at benefits of using one.
Let me know which Air Pruifier you are buying the comments below or if you have some questions.
Also, Check Out:
Written By – Ayush Sharma