It is 2017 and we have plenty of good smartphones in sub 10K price range. Let’s do a comparison of top mobiles and help you choose the best smartphone under 10K based on your need and budget.
Here are best smartphones with reasonable price, great specs with 4G LTE as well as VOLTE, good camera and long battery life.
Additionally, I have included some of the best long battery (3000mAH / 4000mAH) , good rear camera (13 MP or 16 MP), excellent selfie camera (8 MP/ 5 MP ) , 2 GB /3 GB RAM, HD and Full HD display ( 5 inches or 5.5 inches) smartphones in this latest list. There is also choice of Quad Core and Octa Core smartphones with latest Android Marshmallow OS, unfortunately we don’t have any Android Nougat phone available in under 10K price range.
Most of these smartphones are best sellers on websites like Flipkart and Amazon.
Lets check the 12 Best Android Smartphones Below Rs 10,000 in India:
#12. Yu Yureka Black
Best looking Smartphone Under 10K – The Yu Yureka Black was launched in June 2017 on Flipkart and is one of the best looking smartphones that you can purchase under Rs. 10,0000. The The Yu Yureka Black comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor, with Adreno 505 GPU, 4 GB RAM and a 3000 mAH capacity battery.
The Yu Yureka black is priced at Rs. 8,999 and comes with a fast fingerprint scanner embedded in the front home button.
It also have a 5 Inch Full HD display with 2.5 D curved glass and metallic build. The smartphone boasts of a 13 Megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX 258 sensor and at the front also offers a 8 Megapixel camera.
Key Specs For Yu Black
- Display – 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor Clocked at 1.5 GHz, 64-bit.
- GPU – Adreno 505 GPU.
- RAM – 4 GB RAM
- Storage – 32 GB storage, expandable memory with microSD.
- OS – Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Rear Camera – 13 Megapixel with dual LED Flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor.
- Selfie Camera – 8 Megapixel front-facing camera with flash.
- Fingerprint sensor – embedded in the front Home Button.
- Sound – 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio.
- Dimensions: 142.5×69.9×8.73mm.
- Weight: 150 grams.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim support with 4G VoLTE.
- Battery Capacity – 3000 mAh capacity battery.
#11. Micromax Evok Note 4G
Number 11 on the list of best budget smartphones for Rs. 10,000 is Micromax Evok Note which was launched in April 2017. The smartphone comes with decent specs for the price and buyers looking for an Indian brand can evaluate this phone.
The smartphone is available for purchase from Flipkart and is priced at Rs. 9499. The Evok Note comes with a Full HD Display with 1920*1080 resolution and 401 PPi.
The smartphone offers 32 GB of internal storage and comes with large 4000 mAH capacity battery. The Dual Sim 4G VOLTE smartphone runs on the Mediatek 6753 Octa Core processor and also comes with 3 GB of Ram.
Key Specs for Micromax Evok Note
- Processor – Mediatek 6753 Octa-Core Processor clocked at 1.3 GHz.
- GPU – Mali T720-MP3 GPU clocked at 450 Mhz
- Display Size – 5.5-inch IPS LCD screens with 2.5 D Curve Glass.
- Resolution & PPi – FHD (1980*1080) pixel, 401 PPI.
- RAM – 3 GB RAM
- Operating System – Android Marshmallow 6.0.
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes
- Rear Camera – 13 Megapixel Rear auto-focus cameras with LED flash
- Front Selfie Camera – 5 MP Front Camera.
- Connectivity – 2G, 3G & 4G LTE / VOLTE, WIFI, Bluetooth.
- Storage – 32 GB built-in storage, micro sd support up to 128 GB.
- Battery Capacity – Li-ion 4000 mAh.
- Thickness – 8.5 mm
- Weight – 162 grams
- Price – Rs. 9499
#10. Asus Zenfone Max
Long battery life mobile with 5000 mAH Battery Under Rs 10000 – Asus has launched the new Zenfone Max was launched in 2016 and the smartphone comes with incredible battery life and improved performance. The Highlight of the Asus Zenfone Max is the 5000 mAH battery capacity which can easily work for 2 days.
The smartphone also comes with reverse charging feature , which is quite useful if you want to use this mobile as a power bank.
The Asus Zenfone Max runs on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, and comes with 2 GB of Ram. The mobile is powered by the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0 OS along with the Zen UI.
The Asus Zenfone max has a 5.5 inch display with HD resolution (1280*720) pixels. The smartphone comes with 32 GB of internal storage which can be expanded to 64 GB using the micro-sd card.
The Asus Zenfone Max has Dual sim support and also offers 4G LTE data connectivity support. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 9,499 and is the best battery life smartphone you can purchase under Rs. 10,000.
Specs for Asus Zenfone Max (5000 mAH Battery)
- Screen – 5.5 -inch IPS display ,Full HD resolution (1280 x 720 pixels) – 267 PPI.
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Processor clocked @ 1.5 GHz.
- Ram – 2 GB RAM.
- Android Marshmallow 6.1 with Zen UI.
- Camera – 13-Megapixel Rear Camera & 5 Megapixel front.
- Fingerprint Scanner – No.
- Battery Capacity – 5000 mAH
- Connectivity – Dual Hybrid Sim. With 3G & 4G LTE.
- VOLTE Support – No – Not suitable for JIO 4G SIM
- Storage – 32 GB internal storage, expandable to 64 GB.
- Price Rs. 9499
#9. Micromax Canvas Infinity
4G Smartphone With Full Vision Display, 16 MP Selfie Camera – The Micromax Canvas Infinity is the latest addition to the list. The Micromax Canvas Infinity is launched in India in September 2017 and is available for purchase from Amazon.
It is the cheapest smartphone with a Full vision bezel less display and comes with 16 Megapixel front selfie camera. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 9,999.
The key highlight of the Micromax Canvas Infinity is it’s large 5.7 Inch with 1440*720 resolution (283 ppi). The smartphone also comes with a decent 13 megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture.
The Micromax Canvas Infinity is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Processor, same as the Xiaomi Redmi 4A and comes with the Adreno 308 GPU.
The Canvas Infinity also comes with the latest Android Nougat operating system and will also get the Android Oreo 8.0 update in the future.
The smartphone comes with a fingerprint scanner at the back and it has support for Dual Sim and 4G VOLTE. The battery capacity on the Micromax Canvas Infinity is 2900 mAH. It competes with the LG Q6 which is more expensive.
Key Specs Of Micromax Canvas Infinity
- Display and Resolution – 5.7 inches with 1440*720 resolution (283 ppi)
- Processor – 1.4 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 Processor
- GPU – Adreno 308
- Operating System – Android 7.1 Nougat with minimal bloat.
- RAM – 3 GB Ram.
- Rear Camera – 13 Megapixels rear camera with Autofocus and f/2.0 aperture
- Front Selfie Camera- 16 Megapixel selfie camera with beautification features
- Storage – 32 GB expandable upto 128 GB using micro-SD card
- Battery – 2900 mAH non-removable.
- Sensor – Fingerprint scanner placed at the back of the device.
- Price – Rs. 9,999
Number 9 on the list is the Asus Zenfone 2 laser known for it’s excellent camera and fast Auto-focus system.
#8. Panasonic P55 Max
The Panasonic P55 Max is launched on Flipkart in July 2017, at a Price Rs 8499 or $140. The Japanese smartphone comes with a large 5.50 inches Display with HD (1280*720) pixels resolution. The display is protected by the Ashai Enabled Glass for Display Protection.
The Panasonic P55 Max is powered by the Quad-core MediaTek MTK6737 processor clocked at 1.25 GHz.
The key highlight of the smartphone is it’s long battery life, as it comes with a 5000 mAH capacity battery which can easily last all day and can even work for 1.5 days.
The Panasonic P55 Max comes with 3 GB of Ram, has Dual Sim 4G VOLTE support and also runs on the latest Android Nougat 7.1 Operating system.
Key Spec For Panasonic P55 Max
- Display – 5.5 inches IPS LCD display, 720 x 1280 pixels (~267 ppi pixel density).
- Operating system – Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Processor –Mediatek MT6737 clocked at 1.25 GHz clock speed.
- GPU – Mali-T720 MP1
- Internal storage – 16 GB expanded upto 128 GB via MicroSD card, has a dedicated slot.
- Rear Camera – 13 Megapixel, autofocus, Quad-LED flash
- Front Selfie Camera – 5 Megapixel front selfie camera.
- Battery –Non-removable Li-Ion 5000 mAh battery, with fast charging support.
- Sensors – Misses on the Fingerprint scanner.
- Color – Champagne Gold, Matte Black.
- Weight – 180 grams.
- Thickness – 8.7 mm.
- Price Rs. 8499 or $140.
#7. Infocus Epic 1
Infocus Epic 1 was launched in late 2016 and comes from the American brand Infocus. The key highlight of the smartphone is the 10 Core Processor – Helio X20 which offers great performance for general tasks and gaming. The processor is clocked at 2.0 GHz and comes with Mali T880 MP4 GPU for gaming needs.
The smartphone comes with 16 Mega Pixel rear camera with Auto-Focus and Dual Led Flash and there is also a 8 Mega pixel front facing selfie camera.
The Epic 1 comes with a 3000 mAH capacity battery , also has a USB Type C port and works with 4G VOLTE networks.
Infocus Epic 1 also recently got a price cut and is now Rs. 3000 cheaper. The Infocus Epic 1 is now priced at Rs 9,999 and is exclusive to Amazon India.
Key Specs For Infocus Epic 1 (10 Core Processor)
- Screen – 5.5 Inch Full HD Display with (1920*1080) pixels.
- Processor –Mediatek 6797 Helio X20 10 Cores processors clocked @ 2.0 GHz.
- GPU – Mali T880 MP4 GPU.
- RAM – 3 GB
- Storage – 32 GB internal storage , expandable upto 128 GB using micro-sd card.
- Rear Camera – 16 MP rear camera with Autofocus and LED Flash.
- Front selfie camera – 8 MP Front Selfie camera.
- OS – Android Marshmallow 6.0 along with Inlife UI. Upgradable to Android Nougat.
- Battery Capacity – 3000 mAh.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim 4G VOLTE / LTE / 3G and 2G.
- Fingerprint Scanner – placed at back.
- USB TYPE C – YES
- Weight – 164 grams
- Thickness – 8.4 mm
- Price Rs. 9,999.
Note on buying 4G LTE and VOLTE smartphones.
For Non VOLTE supported phones you will have to download the Join JIO App from Android playstore which works as an independent dialer.
You will have to use this App to make calls, in my experience it is not the best solution if you are buying a phone for JIO Sim make sure that the phone has VOLTE.
Most LTE phones have got update from manufacturers to enable VOLTE in India but can check before buying.
Number 7 spot on the list is occupied by the smartphone which offers great battery life and comes with Full HD Display – Lenovo K6 Power.
Next on out list of Best Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 is the Lenovo K6 Power.
#6. Lenovo K6 Power
Good Full HD Display 5 Inch Long battery Mobile Below Rs 10,000 – The Lenovo K6 Power was launched in Jan 2017, offers a compact design with metal body and an enormous 4000 mAh battery. The K6 Power comes with 5 inch FHD (1920*1080).
It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset along with 3 GB ram priced at ₹9,999. There’s a 4 GB variant also released recently which is also priced competitively at ₹10,999. The RAM is coupled with 32 GB internal respectively.
There’s 13MP rear and 8MP front for crisp and clear shots. Similar to other Lenovo devices the K6 Power supports Dolby Atmos audio enhancement.
Key Specs for Lenovo K6 Power
- Screen Size – 5 inch FHD 1920*1080 pixels display offers 441 PPi
- Processor- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Clocked at 1.4 GHz , Adreno 505
- RAM- 3 GB
- Storage- 32 GB , expandable to 128 GB
- Camera- 13 MP rear and 8 MP front
- OS- Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Connectivity- 3G/4G/LTE / VOLTE
- Battery- 4000 mAh
- Fingerprint Sensor- YES
- Fast charging- NO
#5. Samsung J5 2016
The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) is a mid-range smartphone was priced at Rs. 13,990, and recently the smartphone has got a price cut and is now priced at Rs. 10,050.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 have a 5.2-inch display with the HD resolution (1280*720). The smartphone has the AMOLED display with good colour reproduction as well as viewing angles. The mobile run on dated Android Marshmallow 6.0 along with the Samsung touch wiz UI.
The Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 offers a 5.0 Megapixel camera at the front for taking selfies and it comes with f/1.9 aperture and a front flash. The front camera also supports gestures and you can click a selfie by waving your palm.
The rear camera on the Samsung Galaxy J5 has 13 Megapixel resolution and comes with f/1.9 aperture and has Auto-focus. The smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and Adreno 308 GPU.
Key Spec For Samsung J5 2016
- Screen- 5.2 inches Super AMOLED display
- Resolution – 720 x 1280 pixels (~282 ppi pixel density)
- Processor- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
- GPU – Adreno 306
- RAM- 2 GB
- Storage- 16 GB
- OS – Androis 6.0 Marshmellow
- Rear camera- 13 MP, f/1.9, 28mm, autofocus, LED flash
- Front camera- 5 MP, f/1.9, LED flash
- Connectivity- 3G/4G, VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC and micro USB port
- Colours – White, Black, Gold, Rose Gold
- Battery- Removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery
- weight – 159 grams
- Thickness – 8.1 mm
Read Also – 15 Best 4G Smartphones India With Great Specs.
If you have less faith on the Chinese smartphones , here’s one from Korea. The latest Samsung On7 Pro (launched in July 2016) brings in class leading specs and gorgeous looks at a very affordable price.
#4. Samsung On7 Pro (Best Samsung Phone Under 10K)
Best Samsung Mobile for a budget or 9k to 10K – It is the best Samsung Mobile you can buy in this range . The Samsung On7 Pro is the latest addition to the Samsung India’s budget smartphone portfolio. If you are looking for a smartphone in the range of Rs. 10,000 to 11,000 this can be a good device to consider. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 11,190 and is available exclusively on Amazon India.
Specs for Samsung On7 Pro
- Processor – 1.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core Processor.
- Premium Build with leather back.
- RAM – 2 GB RAM.
- Camera – 13 MP Rear Camera and 5 MP Front Camera.
- Display – 5.5 inch HD display.
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 With Touch Wiz UI.
- SBike Mode
- 4G LTE Support
- VOLTE Support – YES
- Storage – 16 GB internal storage, expandable to 128 GB
- Battery Capacity – 30000 mAh battery.
Samsung also launched the Samsung On5 Pro priced at Rs. 9190, it has a smaller screen size, battery and a lower camera resolution.
#3. Yu Yunicorn Best Selling Micromax Phone
Good 4 GB Ram affordable Micromax Mobile – The Yu Yunicorn is the latest smartphone which got launched in June 2016. The smartphone is sold by Yu Tele-ventures and is a subsidiary of Micromax India.
The smartphone comes with aggressive specs and has a very affordable price of Rs. 10,499.
The key highlight of the smartphone is Helio P10 processor which is excellent for multi-tasking as well as gaming. The Yu Yunicorn also adorns a full metallic build and looks decent with gold finish. The smartphone has 4 GB RAM which is again good to have in a sub 15K smartphone.
The battery life of the smartphone is also decent considering it houses a 4000 mAH capacity battery. Overall a decent phone from Yu, available online on Flipkart exclusively. See Also – Yu Yunicorn launched on Flipkart Price Rs 10999 –
Key Specs for Yu Yunicorn Price @ Rs. 10,499
- Design – Metal Unibody Design, With Front FingerPrint Scanner
- Display Size and Type – 5.5 Inch Full HD Display with 401 PPI, 2.5 D Glass
- Performance – 64-bit MTK Helio P10 Processor and 4 GB RAM
- Operating System – Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Camera – 13 MP Rear Camera & 5 MP front Camera
- Battery Life – 4000 mAH all day battery
- Storage 32 GB internal Storage, support up to 128 GB micro SD
- Connectivity Dual Sim 4G, 2G, 3G, WIFI, Bluetooth support
Pros – 2.5 D Full HD Display, Good Performance, Low Price Cons – Camera is not that great.
#2. Panasonic Eluga Ray Max
The Panasonic Eluga Ray Max was launched in the Indian market in May 2017, the smartphone is available on Flipkart, price Rs. 10,499.
The Eluga Ray Max sports a metallic body with a robust build quality and design. The phone comes with 5.2-inch Full HD (1920*1080) pixels display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
It runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor clocked at 1.4 GHz and come with 4 GB RAM. There is Adreno 505 GPU to take care of gamign needs. Powering the phone is a 3000 mAH battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Eluga Ray Max comes in 2 storage options – 32 GB variant is priced at Rs 10,499 and the 64 GB variant is priced at Rs 12,499. Also, the storage can be expanded via dedicated micro-sd slot upto 128 GB.
Key Specs For Eluga Ray Max
- Screen- 5.2-inch Full HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Processor- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 clocked at 1.4 Ghz
- RAM- 4 GB
- Storage- 32 GB or 64 GB, can be expanded to 128 GB using the micro-sd card.
- Camera- 16 MP rear camera with Autofocus and Flash and 8 MP front Selfie camera.
- OS- Android Marshmallow 6.0 with custom .
- Connectivity- Dual Sim 4G with VOLTE.
- Fingerprint scanner- YES
- Fast Charging- YES.
- Battery Capacity – 3000 mAH capacity.
- Weight – 165 grams.
- Thickness – 7.7 mm
- Price- Rs 10,499 (32GB) / Rs 12,499 (64GB).
#1. Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
5.0 Inch Full HD Display Smartphone for a budget of 8K to 10K – The Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus is the recently launched smartphone from Lenovo, and it replaces the Lenovo A7000 or the Lenovo K3 Note. The smartphone is available on Flipkart priced at Rs. 8,499.
The Vibe K5 Plus is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 Octa-Core processor clocked at 1.5 GHz. It comes with 2 GB of Ram and 16 GB of internal storage (expandable).
The Key Highlight of the smartphone is it’s 5 inch display which comes with Full HD resolution (1920*1080)pixels and 443 PPI. It also comes with VR compatibility and has Dolby Digital Audio for enhanced audio experience.
Specs for Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 Octa Core Clocked at 1.5 GHz.
- GPU – Adreno 405 GPU
- OS – Android Lollipop 5.0 with Lenovo Vibe UI.
- Camera – 13 MP Rear Camera with Flash and Autofocus, 5 MP Front Camera , Fixed Focus.
- RAM – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 16 GB internal Storage , upto 32 GB using Micro SD card.
- Dual Sim (GSM+GSM)
- Connectivity – 2G/3G support also supports 4G LTE.
- Display – 5.0 Inch Display with FHD 1920*1080 FHD (443 PPI).
- Metallic Design
- Dual Dolby Speakers
- Battery Capacity is 2750 mAH
- Lacks Fingerprint scanner.
It is a complete package from Lenovo and offers great value for money for buyers looking for the latest smartphone under Rs. 10,000 in India.
Undoubtedly, One of the finest smartphone for a sub 10k budget – The recently launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 raise the bar for the ultimate smartphone below 10K. This type of hardware and build quality has never been possible in this price range.
Xiaomi needed to show that they are better than competition when it comes to providing best value for money smartphones.
You can also look for the higher variant too of the Redmi Note 4 which comes with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage (read our review on Redmi Note 4).
The smartphone packs killer specs and has a great design with metal finish. There is fingerprint scanner mounted at the back of the device which provide security as well allows you to click selfies with the rear 13 MP camera.
The rear camera is much improved compared to the Redmi Note 3, comes with fast Auto-focus and PDAF. The front camera is also a 5 MP selfie shooter.
The smartphone comes with Dual Hybrid Sim and 4G LTE and VOLTE support and supports all Indian 4G Bands. Though the Key highlight of the smartphone is the Snapdragon 625 processor and 4100 mAH Battery Capacity which is incredibly fast and there is great battery life. It is a killer smartphone under 10K.
Specs for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (MRP Rs 9,999)
- Powered by Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz.
- Adreno 506 GPU offers great Gaming experience.
- 2 GB RAM makes it run smoothly.
- 13 MP Auto-focus Rear Camera & 5 MP Front facing Selfie Camera.
- 5.5 inch IPS LCD Display 2.5 D Curve Glass with Full HD 1920*1080 pixels 403 PPi.
- 16 GB Internal Storage & Expandable to 128 GB via a Micro SD card.
- 4100 mAH Battery Capacity (All Day Battery Life).
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 OS with MIUI 8.0
- Fingerprint Scanner Support – Yes.
- Dual Sim – Yes has Hybrid Dual Sim Support. Supports 4G LTE Connectivity and Voice Over LTE ( VOLTE).
- Price – Rs. 9,999 for the 2 GB / 16 GB variant.
The smartphones are evolving and getting better and cheaper every day, with Xiaomi , Motorola, Micromax, LeEco, Infocus, Huawei, ZTE, Meizu, Yu, Samsung and Xolo offering great deal of mobiles. This is a long list of smartphones you can buy based on your preference, in case you need some suggestions can contact me by commenting below the article.
Related Articles :