Due to the Coronavirus spread, it has become essential to sanitize several products at home or office. The solution is to either use an alcohol-based solution or to use the UV Sterilizers. Sometimes gadgets like phones and electronic car keys can get damaged due to the fluid-based Sanitizers hence necessitating the use of UV Sterilizers.
We often take good care of our hands and face by washing them frequently. We also do not forget to sanitize the high touch surfaces to keep the harmful germs and bacteria at bay.
However, while sanitizing things around us and washing our hands frequently, we do not realize that we forget to sanitize our mobile phones, keys, masks, etc.
And therefore, the requirement of UV sterilizer has gained huge significance. According to several studies, mobile phones have emerged as one of the dirtiest objects that may harbor nearly 20,000 different bacteria and viruses.
How UV sterilizer function & Why To buy it?
A UV sterilizer functions by using specific bulbs to produce an adequate amount of UV (Ultra Violet)-C light required for destroying bacteria on surfaces.
The reason why UV light has become so significant is that it can effectively damage the DNA of bacteria along with the DNA or RNA of viruses.
It is worth mentioning that if you destroy the DNA of bacteria, it will die, and if you kill the nucleic acid of viruses, it will lose its power of infecting others.
UV-C lights remain most effective on smooth and flat surfaces. UV-C sanitizers may not function at the optimum level if you use them on objects with uneven surfaces.
You should also ensure that you wipe down the object you plan to clean before using a UV-C sanitizer.
UV sterilizers are quite convenient to use, and no chemicals will be required during the cleaning process. Therefore, you will not be leaving any dangerous chemical residue behind after using a UV sterilizer. They have the potential of killing all types of microorganisms that may also include the drug-resistant bacteria.
Types of UV sterilizers
UV sterilizers can be divided into three different types with declining wavelengths and surging energy levels.
You will come across mainly three types of UV sterilizers, namely.
However, for UV sterilization, only UVC (100 to 280 nm) is equipped with adequate energy to destroy micro-organisms effectively. If you are scouting for the Best UV sterilization product for your home or office, you must ensure that its wavelength falls in the range of UVC (100 to 280 nm).
The market has been inundated with several UV sterilizers, thus leaving you confused about which one to buy.
We have listed the top 5 UV sterilizers to make the process of searching convenient for you.
Here they are:
1. House of Quirk UV LED Sanitizer
The multi-purpose UV LED sanitizer can disinfect by producing UV light with a wavelength of 253.7 nm via 2 UV-C bulbs. It just takes barely 3 minutes to destroy up to 99% of germs and bacteria hidden in crevices.
It can make disinfection easier and quicker, thus leaving you and your family members protected and safe from lethal bacteria. To disinfect your mobile phone, you need to put it into the sterilizer box and plug switch. Now press the coating button.
The device will begin coating and sterilizing, and after 3 minutes, the disinfection process will get completed. It has emerged as a must-have gadget for those who are concerned about hygiene. You can buy it for Rs 1399.
- It will be equipped with 1 ultraviolet disinfection box, 1 USB charging cable, and a user manual.
- The device is sleek in appearance and ergonomically designed.
- The UV disinfection box measures 7.8 x 4.0 x 1.4 inch.
- It allows you to disinfect your smartphone, earphone, mask, keys, jewelry, and glasses.
- It emits a wavelength of 253.7nm via 2 UV-C bulbs.
- You can power it using a laptop, desktop, and power bank.
- It helps you create a pure and germ-free environment for your family.
2. RAEGR Arc 1500 SGS Tested UV Sterilizer
Kill all the deadly viruses and bacteria with this stunning UV sterilizer. It will offer you three modes of fast wireless charging, i.e., 10W, 7.5 W, and 5 W.
The sterilizer offers compatibility with all Qi-enabled smartphones. The sterilizer uses ultraviolet LED tubs to terminate 99.9% of germs, viruses, and bacteria sans using harmful chemicals. It can perform several functions of charges along with the disinfecting process.
The sterilizer is light in weight and quite portable, thus making it travel-friendly. You can use it in your home or office without any hassle. If you dislike the odor, you may add 5-6 aroma drops to the hole.
- It can deep clean in just 8 minutes.
- Available for Rs 3,999.
- Can clean masks, smartphones, and other personal items.
- It comes with an aroma diffuser for a pleasant smell.
- You will get a spacious compartment.
- The device weighs 349 grams offers compatibility for all smartphones.
3. PENG ESSENTIALS UV Lightizer Sanitizer
The UV sanitizer has emerged to kill bacteria and viruses from smartphones, toothbrushes, face masks, and makeup tools, among others. It has got the capacity to destroy other pathogens by killing their DNA and RNA.
It is available in the shape of a portable UV stick that you can carry inside your pocket effortlessly. The device helps in keeping your family safe and secure from several deadly bacteria.
It is easy to use, and you need to wave the UV stick on any object for approximately 5 to 10 seconds to destroy viruses and bacteria. The product is equipped with a gravity sensing device that can automatically cut off the power supply when the light shines upward to prevent eye damage.
- It weighs 500 g and measures 16x3x2.5 inches.
- It is manufactured from stainless steel.
- The light in the UVC wavelength can also be used to disinfect water, sterilize surface, and destroy micro-organisms in food products.
- The product runs on AC and available with a 2.5-meter long electrical cord.
- It is priced at Rs 2,949.
- The UV sanitizer weight is 998 grams, and the package dimension is 30 x 10 x 5 cm.
4. LYFRO Beam Pocket-Sized Handheld UVC LED Disinfectant Wand
The disinfectant wand has a stunning appearance. The white color wand is equipped with 3-speed modes, i.e., the 30s, 60s, and 180s. It has the potential of sanitizing the bigger items of everyday use, devices, and surfaces with great ease.
It has a dual safety lock for the safety of children. It also offers dual activation of front and side buttons to switch on the device and prevent accidental activation. You can use it non-stop for 3 hours with 500mAh capacity and swift 10W USB-C recharging. It weighs only 109 grams and measures 21 x 12 x 5 cm.
- The price of the product is Rs 2999.
- It is easy to use and light in weight.
- Lyfro uses tri-speed ultra UV sanitization.
- It can kill up to 99.9 bacteria and viruses to keep you safe and healthy.
- The 3X wide UV-C LED design can extend its reach for the larger sanitizing area.
5. IFITech ABS Portable Handheld UV-C Light Wand Sterilizer
The UV-C light wand sterilizer has the capacity to kill 99.9% of microorganisms. All you have to do is use the ultraviolet light’s sterilization power and swipe and destroy germs on the objects you and your family touch.
The handheld device offers stronger light and better sterilization effect. It is compatible with the USB Type-C charging interface. The UV-C can destroy fungi, molds, etc. on the surface of personal items.
It offers simple operation and easy to press on/off button. It allows you to disinfect mobile phones, laptops, tabs, money, currency, spoons, dishes, telephone receivers, bathrooms, public places, and cars, among others. The device is scientifically proven to protect you and your family members against microscopic organisms.
- It can disinfect in just 10 seconds.
- It offers a wavelength of 260-280 nm.
- You can buy it for Rs 1350.
- The device is portable and easy to carry anywhere as It can fit easily in a bag or purse.
- The UV-C light is effective in keeping germs at bay.
- You will get Long Lasting Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery.
Therefore, we may conclude here that UV sterilization has emerged quite effective for deadly bacteria and viruses. It is worth noting that microorganisms come in different sizes and shapes.
UV disinfection works by rupturing specific chemical bonds and scrambling the shape of DNA, RNA, and proteins, thus causing the microorganism to remain unable to multiply.
When microorganisms cannot multiply, they are believed to be dead as they cannot reproduce within a host and remain infectious. You may purchase the UV sterilizer that meets your requirement in the best possible way and remain in your budget.
Written By – Renu Baliyan
Also, Check Out