Alcatel has launched a new smartphone with 13MP Rear camera and 5 MP front Camera with an Octa Core processor at Rs 9,999 to match the dominant Moto G 1st generation and Asus Zenphone 5 in the range of Rs. 10,000 or $160.
What makes it a special is the 13 mega pixel primary camera and 5 mega pixel secondary camera. This allows you to take clear vivid photos with it’s Auto Focus and Image stabilization features. It also has Full HD video recording with a digital zoom up to x4 and Face Tracking, which helps you take amazing selfies.
Alcatel has some other models also in the Indian market which are quite popular like Alcatel Onetouch Idol X+ which is priced at 14,999. powered by an Octa Core , 2GB RAM and Full HD display. The Moto G 1st Generation was a revolutionary device at its price when it was launched, it had the Kitkat update and Snapdragon 400 with 1 GB Ram which made it great on specifications and features. The device has a subtle curved design and very good build quality from astute smartphone maker Motorola.
You can read more on the success of Motorola in India here. Asus later came up with the Zenphone series which took advantage of one weakness that buyers realized after buying the Moto G first generation was that the camera quality was good but not great. Asus delivered on the camera front and made the 8MP camera on the Zenphone way better compared to what we had on Moto G 1st Gen and it also had an Intel processor and 2 Gb RAM which made sure it soon became the leading smartphone in the range of Rs.10,000.
Complete Specifications & Features : Alcatel Onetouch Flash 6042D
- Primary Camera – 13 MP Primary Camera.
- Secondary Camera-5 MP Secondary Camera.
- Screen Size – 5.5-inch Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Screen Resolution- 5.5 inches IPS display with 1280×720 pixels resolution.
- Pixel Density – 267 ppi
- Operating System – Android v4.4 (KitKat) OS likely to get an Android Lollipop Update(not confirmed).
- Duals Sim -Dual Standby Sim (GSM + UMTS).
- Processor – 1.4 GHz MTK 6592M Octa Core Processor.
- GPU – ARM Mali-450MP4
- RAM – 1 GB
- Internal Memory – 8GB of internal memory, out of which, 5.1 GB is usable memory. expandable upto 32GB using micro SD card.
- 3G Connectivity – yes.
- 4G Connectivity – No.
- Dimensions – 76.2×152.1×8.1 mm
- Weight – 150 grams
- Battery – 3200 mAH Li-ion offers good battery life.
- Features – mart Wake – Draw letters on your display to launch applications or double-tap the unlock button, good for gaming with Octa Core Processor.
Pros – Alcatel Onetouch Flash
Where the smartphone scores higher is the Camera the front and back both camera has good specs.
Battery life also is a pro for Alcatel Onetouch Flash with 3200 mAh battery it scores above both Asus Zenphone 5 and Moto G.
The smartphone has a good screen, excellent for playing games and watching videos.
Cons – Alcatel OneTouch Flash
The screen resolution is basic with 1280×720 pixels resolution it offer a Pixel Density – 267 PPI which is lower when we compared to the Alcatel Onetouch Idol X+ but not bad for a smartphone priced at 10,000.
Comparing Alcatouch Onetouch Flash to Redmi Note 3G & 4G
Competition Redmi Note 4G which is priced at Rs. 9,999. Compared to Redmi Note 4G this is a good option if you are not a Xiaomi fan. 4G network roll out and 4G data packs are still to evolve in India and may take time to get to tier 2 & tier 3 towns.
Redmi Note 4G has 9.45 mm thickness while the Alcatel One touch Flash which has 8.1 mm. The Redmi Note 4G has weight of 185 gram which makes it quite bulky compared to 150 grams of Alcatel One touch Flash.
Redmi Note 4G , 2GB Ram is significant upgrade from 1 GB RAM in Alcatel One touch flash.
also check out the best value for money smartphones under Rs. 10,000.