Samsung has launched the new Samsung S8 and S8 plus yesterday at an event in San Francisco. The new phones are the most beautiful, futuristic devices which have arrived early.
Samsung S8 and S8 plus comes with tons of new features and we have picked some of the most intriguing features to share with you. More details to follow soon.
Here are 10 Ultimate Features expected from the Samsung Galaxy S8.
10 Ultimate Features of Samsung Galaxy S8
1. It is Bigger & Better – Galaxy S8 have a 5.8 inch display infinity display while the Galaxy S8 Plus has a 6.2 inches screen size. Both the have the dual curves display just like the Galaxy S7 edge.
These displays do sound huge in numbers but they are not so big in the overall physical dimensions because of the new design by Samsung with extremely small bezels, just like what we saw in Mi Mix.
Samsung has removed the fingerprint scanner from the front and shifted it to the back to make more space for the display. It is the most beautiful and seamless display ever made for any mobile. The most alluring feature which can make you drool over the new Samsung device.
2. Safer Battery, No explosions – The Galaxy S8 have a 3000 mAh battery and the S8 Plus have a 3500 mAh battery as per the reports. As per the investigation by Samsung, the reason for the Note 7’s that were catching fire was battery.
To avoid such a disaster now, Samsung has decided to manufacture the batteries from a Japanese country , Murata Manufacturing Company, which took over the Sony’s battery division last summer. Samsung also showcased during the presentation last night that they have done extended testing and 8 step inspection of the batteries to make them fail proof.
3. Treat for Eyes – Both the phones will have Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440x 2960p. The displays will be crisp and sharp with the Galaxy S8 having 570 pixels per inch and Galaxy S8 Plus will have 529 pixels per inch. It is protected by the Corning Gorilla glass 5 to ensure highest durability.
The display resolution of 1440×2960 is a little above the usual QHD resolution and will has an unusual 18.5 :9 aspect ratio.
4. Beastly Performance – The flagship phone is powered by the top end upcoming processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or the Exynos 8895 for some of the regions. The processor is built on the 10 nm Finfet process by Samsung and Qualcomm.
Samsung claims that the new processor offer 10% faster performance for CPU and upto 50% faster GPU performance and is more energy efficient as well.
Samsung ordered so many of the Qualcomm 835’s that other companies like LG had to either postpone their product launch or they might have to use Snapdragon 821 in their flagship phones.
5. Shutterbugs Delight – Samsung S8 and S8 Plus comes with the Dual pixel 12 Mega Pixel rear camera with burst shot support to pick the best shot among an array of quick clicks by the sensor. The rear camera is similar to the Samsung S7 edge.
The front camera on the phone have got a major upgrade in the Samsung S8 and S8 Plus , now it comes with a f/1.7 aperture and and 8 Mega Pixel lens with Auto focus support.
If You are a selfie buff then this is going to be one of the best upgrades you can rely on for all the crazy good images you can take with this camera designed for better low light imaging.
6. Pressure Sensitive Home Button – The new Samsung S8 and S8 plus comes with a pressure sensitive home button which replaces the long used physical home button the last generation of Samsung phones.
The new pressure sensitive on screen button allows you to do all that functions which physical home button did but uses a small area of the screen.
7. Bixby – Samsung Virtual Assistant – Artificial Intelligence is the flavor of the season and Samsung could fight the Google AI and Siri with it’s own Bixby. Sources close to the development are positive of AI getting launched with the new Samsung S8. Samsung acquired the US based AI company called as Viv Labs to give a boost to it’s AI program.
The New BixBy assistant let you do lot of things and apart from the voice commands like open gallary or music app it also do an image based search. Just focus on a popular architecture and it will offer you details.Focus the camera on an object and it will show you details.
8. It Love Your Eyes & Face – The phone also comes with many interesting features like the Iris scanner and the Face recognition. Your phone knows you and it will unlock as soon as the device sees your face or do an iris scan. Fingerprint scanners are old fashioned already.
9. Convert Your Samsung S8 into a PC – This is one of the best features which have come with the Samsung S8 and it offers you to convert your mobile into a desktop. You will have to purchase and use a dock with the S8 and can connect an external display, keyboard and mouse with the device. Love it.
10. Connected Homes – Samsung is taking things more into the future with the Samsung S8 and S8 plus with a connected home App. You can control all your IOT (internet of things) gadgets like TV, refrigerator, AC from a Samsung phone. Though the devices should be smart and should be from Samsung to take advantage of this new feature. Samsung is planning to make your homes futuristic with all the connected tech. It is dope.
The Samsung S8 and S8 Plus is launched in India on 19th April and will ship from 2nd May. The smartphones are available for pre-order from Flipkart priced at Rs 56900(Samsung S8) and Rs. 64900 for the Samsung S8+.
Written By – Sahil Aggarwal.
You May Like to Read:
- Samsung S8 and S8 Plus Comes With Free Wireless Charger AKG Earphones
- Samsung S8 and S8 Plus Launched – Future has Arrived
- Samsung S8 and S8 Plus India Launch Date Price Pre-Orders
- First Samsung 6 GB RAM Smartphone Launched in India
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!