How To Use Samsung Pay Explained in Easy Steps
Samsung today has launched the new Samsung Pay App which helps you pay using a Samsung Smartphone. Samsung Pay is already available in 12 Global markets before it is launched in India – South Korea, the US, China, Spain, Singapore, Australia, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Russia, Thailand and Malaysia.
How To Use Samsung Pay Explained in Easy Steps:
It is pretty Simple to Use , I used it on a Samsung S7 and did some initial testing.
How to install , Setup and Make payment using Samsung pay.
- Install the Samsung Pay App on a Supported handset from Android Playstore. (have provided the list below).
- It will ask to link your account with a provided email.
- Once the App is installed register your fingerprint.
- Then you will be asked to enter a 4 digit pin.
- Add credit or debit card details or connect your Paytm account.
- You are set to make payments.
How To make Payments :
1. Similar to the way you pay for anything at a credit card swipe machine some of them use NFC (Near Field Communication) and other MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission). We usually swipe a credit card or the the chip is scanned to make the payment.
2. If the credit card machine has NFC support it is easy to transfer using NFC or in case of MST, you can bring your phone close and hold it there. Usually the machines have both MST as well as ability to scan the chip.
There is lot of hype created by Samsung with the launch of Samsung pay, we will have to see how well it works and how much is the compatibility with the existing credit card machines. There is a good chance of it’s success if it is able to work with the legacy credit /debit card swipe machines.
“With Samsung Pay, we give our consumers the smartest way to make digital transactions by far. Samsung Pay is highly secure through the signature KNOX Platform, fingerprint authentication and tokenization. We have partnered with major banks and card networks to give our consumers the widest range of choices, and are working on bringing more and more partners on board soon.” said Mr. Asim Warsi, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India.
Samsung Pay has support for credit and Debit cards from Banks Like Axis , HDFC , ICICI, SBI, Standard Charted and AMEX credit card. The Citibank is yet not live and Samsung is also planning to add the UPI integration which is still in Beta phase.
List of supported smartphones are just handful and even the last gen Samsung S6 is not included in the list of devices having support for Samsung Pay. Samsung Galaxy Note5, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016), and Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016).
I have done some testing today with the Samsung Pay and made a successful payment using the Paytm wallet, have to still try it on more credit card swipe machines and see how it works or if there are some reservations to it.