The Apple iPhone 7 is already up for pre-orders in India and today the smartphone will go on sale in the Indian market. It will be available from Apple stores as well as from Flipkart.
Apple iPhone 7 Launch Date in India – 7th October 2016
The iPhone 7 with 32 GB of storage (base variant) will be priced at Rs. 59,999 and the iPhone 7 Plus will be priced above Rs. 68,000 as per a recent report. The Global prices for the iPhone 7 are $649 and the iPhone 7 Plus cost $769. The India price came from a source, yet to be confirmed by Apple India.
While Tim Cook recent India visit and multiple comments state that India is a key market for Apple the delayed launch of new iPhone in India may be a bit of turn off for Apple India fans.
The Key highlight of the new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are as Follows:
- Water Proof and Dust-proof.
- Faster A10 Fusion Processor (64 Bit Quad Core).
- New Wireless Apple Airpods and lighting connector EarPods.
- No 3.5 mm Jack on the new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
- Improved Stereo Sounding speakers
- Base storage Variant is now 32 GB and higher variants are 128 GB and 256 GB.
- Minor Design Changes
- Better Rear Camera on Both the Smartphones, 12 MP With OIS and f/1.8 aperture.
- 7 MP front selfie camera for both smartphones.
- Improved battery life.
Though there are good upgrades in the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the camera being the biggest upgrade, as per my opinion. People with iPhone 6s may not want to upgrade but definitely, it is a good upgrade option for the iPhone 6 and older devices.
The one major thing which Apple should have changed was screen resolution and switch to OLED technology. Apple has failed to do it on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. It is likely that Apple is saving this for the next year.
The other major change is removal of 3.5 mm Jack which a lot of fans think is irrelevant as the new lightning connector will not offer a major upgrade in terms of sound quality but will definitely make life more difficult as you will need to carry an adapter to use with the iPhone if you wish to use the 3.5 mm jack. Also, you will not be able to listen to music while charging the mobile.
There is a mixed reaction from the Apple fans worldwide and with the Note 7 recall by Samsung, it is a good window period Apple has got to do high volume sales.
5 Incredible Features That I love in iPhone 7
Apple launched the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, California. Tim Cook took the center stage and delivered the KeyNote address.
1). Design – The new material used in the iPhone provides a glossy finish to the metallic iPhone 7. The unibody design comes with incredible looks and immaculate finish. The Black iPhone 7 looks really jet black and stunning.
2). Water and Dust resistant – The New iPhone 7 comes with the Water and Dust resistant capability with IP 67 protection standard, something which was a key launch feature for Samsung S7.
3) Camera – The camera comes with an Optical image sensor and comes with f/1.8, 6P lens to take incredible images and comes with a 12 MP sensor. The true tone flash comes with 4 LED’s flash. There is new image signal processor which offers twice the rendering ability compared to older iPhone 6s. The iPhone 7 Plus comes with two 12 MP cameras instead of 1 on the iPhone 7.
4). Performance – The Apple A 10 Fusion Chip is 64 Bit Quad Core Processor. This is the first Quad Core processor Apple has ever used. The Processor comes with 6 core GPU and the A10 is the most powerful chip running on any smartphone.
The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are 25% brighter compared to the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.
5). Stereo Speakers and Wireless Airpods – The iPhone 7 and 7 plus comes with a new stereo speaker which sound astoundingly better than the 6s. The wireless Airpods come with a W1 processor and infra-red technology to understand when you are wearing the Airpods.
You May Like to Read:
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Apple Watch 2 Launched – ALL Details
- Apple Watch Series 2 – Top 5 Fantastic Features
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!