Meizu has launched the Affordable Meizu M5 in India
Meizu has launched a new budget phone in India called Meizu M5. Other brands are partnering with e-commerce sites such as Flipkart and Amazon, but Meizu is collaborating with TataCliq.com to sell the Meizu M5.
The Meizu M5 was launched in China long back, and the Indian version comes with the same set of specifications. It comes with an attractive and elegant design encased in a polycarbonate body. The device is entirely made of plastic, and there are no signs of metal construction whatsoever.
Meizu says that the M5 is aimed at young customers and to make the device compact, they have gone with a small 5.2-inch screen. It offers a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels with a 2.5D curved glass on top. Also, the display comes with a pixel density of 282 PPI. Also, the screen has a blue light filter mode to reduce strain on your eyes during night time.
The Meizu M5 has an octa-core MediaTek M6750 chip with a clock speed of 1.5GHz. Additionally, it has support for 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of storage, which is expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
In China, you can buy both 16GB and 32GB storage variants but in India, only the 32GB variant is available.
The M5 even comes with a fingerprint identification and fingerprint payment option such as m.Touch 2.1 and mBack home button that ensures to offer a safe and swift user experience.
Further, it has all the basic connectivity options such as 4G LTE, VoLTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, dual SIM, micro USB port. However, it lacks NFC support.
Furthermore, it has a massive battery of 3070 mAh providing a long standby time. Additionally, the improved battery optimisation features in Flyme operating system makes sure that the battery lasts even more.
For shutterbugs, the mobile offers a 13-megapixel rear camera which supports PDAF and even has a large f/2.2 aperture. Additionally, a 5-megapixel front camera with a large ƒ/2.0 aperture offers optimum performance even under low light conditions.
The handset runs on Flyme OS 5.0 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Also, the company is promising software updates for the phone which means they will release Flyme OS 6 to Meizu M5 based on Android Nougat.
Related – Meizu has also launched the Meizu E2 and Meizu M5s recently.
Meizu M5 Specifications:
- Screen: 5.2-inch HD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 2.5D curved glass.
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based FlyMe OS.
- Rear-Facing Camera: 13-megapixel camera, phase-detection autofocus, F2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording.
- Front-Facing Camera: 5-megapixel sensor with F/2.0 aperture, 4P lens
- Processor: 1.5 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor with the Mali-T860 GPU.
- Memory: 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB).
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS , microUSB port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack.
- Battery: 3070mAh
- Dimensions: 147.28 × 72.8 × 8.15mm.
- Weight: 138g.
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!