Xiaomi has launched the Mi Max today at an event in India. This is the largest display smartphone that Xiaomi has ever launched. The enormous 6.44 inch Full HD (1920*1080) pixels IPS LCD display comes with 342 PPI pixel density. The Xaiomi Max was launched on 2nd May 2016 in China.
The Xiaomi Mi Max launch event also doubled up as the introduction to the new MIUI 8.0 ROM which is an evolved version of the MIUI 7.0 and bring many goodies for the new and existing Xiaomi smartphone buyers.
Xiaomi Mi Max
Coming to the Mi Max, it looks refreshing and has a new metallic design with faint antenna lines at the back which makes it stand out from a sea of other phablets. The large smartphone display is protected by the Corning’s Gorilla Glass 4.
It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow along with new MIUI 8.
The phablet comes with all metal build and is surprisingly thick measuring 7.5 mm. The design is not a far cry from the earlier Xiaomi designs, the glossy metallic edge around the circumference makes the Mi Max look gorgeous.
There are 2 Models launched for the Xiaomi Mi Max:
- MRP Rs. 14,999 for the 3 GB RAM and 32 GB storage model powered by a 1.8 GHz Hexa-core Snapdragon 650 processor.
- MRP Rs. 19,999 for the 4 GB of RAM with 128 GB of storage and powered by Snapdragon 652 processor.
Both the Qualcomm Snapdragon processors use the same Adreno 510 GPU which offers great gaming performance. The large display Xiaomi phablet can be a great choice for gamers and people who like to read and watch a lot of videos.
The smartphone will be available in 3 colors – silver , golden and grey. The smartphone will go on sale on 6th July 2016 on Mi.com and will be available for open sale from 13 July on other e-commerce websites.
The Xiaomi Mi Max comes with a 16 Megapixel rear camera with PDAF and F/2.0 aperture and there is also a 5 Megapixel camera with 85 degree wide angle. The Dual Sim smartphone comes with support for 4G LTE as well as 3G and 2G.
The Mi Max has VOLTE support too and can offer good quality data calls. The smartphone is bulky and weighs 204 grams which it owes to the large battery (4850 mAH) and huge display.
Key Specs for the Xiaomi Mi Max
- Display – 6.44 Inches With Full HD Resolution.
- Processor – Snapdragon 652 or Snapdragon 650 Clocked @ 1.8 GHz.
- RAM – 3 GB or 4 GB RAM.
- Internal Storage – 32 GB , 64 GB , 128 GB.
- Rear Camera – 16 MP Camera With PDAF.
- Front Camera – 5 MP, 85 Degree Wide Angle.
- Dual Sim 4G LTE Support.
- Fingerprint Scanner at the back.
- Battery Capacity – 4850 mAH.
- Starting Price – Rs. 15,500
Currently, Xiaomi is facing huge supply issues in India when it comes to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (3 GB RAM version) which is selling like hot cakes in the Indian market