Moto E4 Plus is the latest smartphone from ‘Motorola’ which was launched recently on Flipkart. Moto E4 Plus was launched on July 12 in India and is priced at Rs 9,999. On the other, Motorola also launched Moto G5 back in February 2017 available from Amazon India. Moto G5 comes with a price tag of Rs 11,999.
Let’s compare the technical specifications of both the smartphones and see which is the right choice for you.
DISPLAY AND DESIGN
Both the smartphones have a metal body which gives them a premium look and feel. Similarly, they have a front facing fingerprint scanner below the display, embedded in the home button.
Display Resolution – Moto G5 flaunts 5 inch IPS LCD display with a resolution 1920 x 1080 and 441 PPI. Moto G5 also has Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
On the other hand, Moto E4 Plus is larger compared to the Moto Moto G5, and it comes with 5.5 inch IPS display with 1280 x 720p resolution and 267 PPI. The resolution is lower on the Moto E4 Plus and we can expect better viewing experience on the Moto G5 compared to the Moto E4 Plus.
MOTO E4 Plus – Image
Moto G5 weighs 145 grams and is 9.5 mm thick. On the other hand, Moto E4 Plus is bulkier and weighs 181 grams and has a thickness of 9.55 mm.
PROCESSOR AND RAM –
Moto G5 is powered by 1.4 GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 Processor with 3 GB RAM. Whereas, Moto E4 Plus is armed with 1.3 GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MTK6737 Processor and has 3 GB of RAM.
The Moto G5 has a superior performance compared to the Moto E4 Plus and you can expect roughly 20% faster performance from G5 when compared to the Moto E4 Plus. Though Moto E4 Plus is also no slouch if you don’t plan to do high-end gaming on the device.
Moto G5 comes with 16 GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 128 GB via Micro-SD Card. On the other side, Moto E4 Plus has 32 GB internal storage and can it can be extended up to 128 GB via Micro-SD Card.
Moto E4 Plus – Image
As far as the Camera department is concerned, Moto G5 packs 13 MP Rear Camera with PDAF, LED Flash and Auto HDR feature and for selfies it has 5 MP Front Shooter. On the other hand, Moto E4 Plus offers 13 MP Main Camera with LED Flash and has 5 MP Front Camera with LED Flash for beautiful selfies in low light condition.
OPERATING SYSTEM –
Motorola mobiles are quite popular for providing near stock Android and regular Android updates. Moto G5 runs Android 7.0 Nougat while Moto E4 Plus runs Android 7.1 Nougat. On the connectivity side both the smartphones offer faster internet with support for 4G VoLTE in India.
BATTERY LIFE –
Moto G5 sports 2800 mAh battery life and don’t have fast charging support. On the other hand, Moto E4 Plus sports 5000 mAh battery capacity. Moto E4 Plus also has fast charging support.
If one wants a smartphone with a good Processor, better screen resolution, better Rear camera (features) and light weight, then such buyers should go for Moto G5. Whereas the users who wish to have a bigger screen, bigger battery with fast charging support, more internal storage and front camera with LED Flash, then such buyers should go for Moto E4 Plus.
To Recap Here are the Full Specs for the Moto G5 and Moto E4 Plus for easy reference.
Full Specifications For Moto G5
- Display – 5.0 Inch HD Display (1920*1080) pixels, 441 PPi.
- Screen Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa Core processor Clocked at 1.4 GHz
- GPU – Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM – 3 GB
- Storage – 16 GB GB, expandable upto 128 GB.
- Rear Camera – 13 MP rear camera with Autofocus, PDAF
- Front selfie camera – 5 MP Front Selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture
- OS – Android Nougat 7.0 with Google Assistant.
- Battery Capacity – 2800 mAh battery with Moto Turbo charging.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim 4G with VOLTE
- Weight – 146 grams
- Thickness – 9.5 mm
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes on front side
- USB TYPE C – NO
- Micro USB Port – YES
- Price Rs. 12,000
Full Specifications Moto E4 Plus
- Display: 5.5-inch HD Display with 1280*720 pixels
- Pixels Per Inch – 267 PPi
- Processor: Quad-core processor clocked at 1.3 GHz
- Chipset: MediaTek 6737
- OS: Android Nougat 7.1
- RAM: 3 GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 128 GB through an SD card
- Wi-Fi, 4G LTE and VOLTE Dual sim connectivity
- Camera: 13 MP rear camera with LED Flash & a 5 MP Front Selfie camera
- Battery Capacity: 5000 mAH battery with Fast Charging
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes Front
- Weight – 198 grams
- Thickness – 9.6 mm
- Price: Rs. 10000 or $180
Related – Moto E4 Plus India Launch Flipkart Exclusive Price 9999