Lenovo launched the Motorola Moto Z along with the Moto Z Force in June 2016, at that time it was believed that Motorola may give up on the Moto X series.
I still remember the original Motorola Moto X (Gen1)which was launched in March 20, 2014 on Flipkart in India. This was one of the earliest articles I wrote on Candytech . – Flipkart goes all guns blazing with exclusive Moto-X launch for 23,999. It came with 2 GB RAM and a Dual Core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor.
Recently some leaks have emerged showing the Moto X 2017, and the smartphone is a metallic device. The smartphone comes with a different design when compared to the Moto G4 Plus, which comes with a poly-plastic build. Also, it is different when compared to the Moto Z Play, which has a glass finish. It looks more like the Motorola Moto M, which was launched recently.
While Lenovo has taken over Motorola and are still running both the brands, it was later on confirmed that they will not kill the Moto X series but launch more devices. It is expected that the Moto X 2017 will bridge the gap between the Moto G4 Plus which is priced at Rs. 14,999 and the Moto Z Play, priced at Rs. 24,999. The smartphone can be expected to come at a price tag of $270 or Rs. 18,000.
The Moto X 2017 metallic edges are curved and the antenna lines are pushed to edges, similar to iPhone 7 or Huawei Honor 5C. Additionally, the front sports big and chunky bezel, specially at the bottom. There is a unique looking oval shaped home button, which will come with a fingerprint sensor.
Furthermore, the back of the phone seems to be a mixed bag, due to some resemblance of Moto Z and Honor 5C. The big round camera lens resemble the flagship Moto Z. While the top and bottom parts are probably made out of plastic to improve the antenna signal strength. Something similar to the Huawei Honor 5C.
Notably, the lack of magnetic pins at the back, indicates that this device would probably not support Moto-Mods. Which probably Motorola wants to keep for the more premium smartphones. The Moto Z Play which is priced at Rs. 24,999 is the cheapest to offer modular build.
Key Specifications Motorola Moto X 2017 (Expected)
- Screen -5.5 inch IPS Full HD display (1920*1080) pixels
- Screen Protection – Gorilla Glass 4. 2.5 D curve glass.
- Pixel Density – 401 PPI
- Processor – 64 bit Processor Unknown
- Number of cores – Unknown
- GPU – Unknown
- RAM – 4 GB
- Camera – 13 MP primary rear camera, 8 MP Front Camera.
- Storage – 32 GB with micro SD slot upto 128 GB.
- OS – Android Marshmallow 6.0 up-gradable to Android Nougat 7.0 .
- Volte and 4G LTE support.
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes
- Battery Capacity – unknown
- Colors – Gold and Silver.
There are very few details and leaked specs available at the time but we will continue to add more details to this story as things becomes more apparent. Allegedly a recent report claims that it will be available in 2 color options Gold and Silver.
You May Like to Read:
- Motorola Moto Z Play Review – A battery monster that’s unlikely to Impress Shutterbugs.
- Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra Price Specifications Availability India
- HTC Desire 825 Launch Full Specifications Price Details