The NTES (National Train Enquiry System) APP is a must have for Indian frequent train travellers. I used it for tracking and found it good and thought would be useful for some of the readers.
The NTES APP was launched by the Indian Railway and it is the official App for the Indian Railways to help frequent travellers using Indian railways for taking holiday vacation trips, official trips, tours, and daily commute.
There is a NTES (National Train Enquiry System) website also that provides train-running related and real-time status queries for all trains of India
The NTES (National Train Enquiry System) allows you to track the live trains (real time status of running trains), trains which are currently running between stations. You can easily check which trains are running late and which trains are on time using the NTES APP.
The App is available for Android Operating System as well as the Windows, you can install the NTES App/Software on your windows PC or Laptop as well to check the status of trains.
The Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) launched the App last year on 22nd October 2014 and in the recent month it has gone through various updates for bug fixes, crashes and performance improvements.
The App was earlier launched for windows phone in August 2014 and is free to download from the Windows Store. One of the best features of the app that is used mostly by travelers is “spot your train” which provides information like its current position and expected time of arrival and departure at any mentioned station.
The National Train Enquiry System (NTES) is a very broad system which provides information to general public about train running on near real time basis through various interfaces like nationwide unique rail enquiry number 139, through the Android and Windows phone APP and by means of Kiosks.
The National Train Enquiry System (NTES) App has the Following Key Features
- Spot Your Train (Live Tracking of running Trains) by entering train number, you can easily track any train which is running currently.
- Live Station ( By entering Station Code) to check which Trains are coming in the next 2 hours or 4 hours to the particular station.
- Train Schedule for all Trains in India – this is particularly useful to check the train routes and stations through which it travels.
- Trains between Stations – you can enter two station names and it will give information for all trains within these 2 stations.
- Cancelled Trains – It gives information about the cancelled trains for the same day, next day and the previous day.
- Rescheduled Trains – It gives information about the cancelled trains for the same day, next day and the previous day.
The New Features Added to the NTES Android/Windows APP/IOS APP
– Diverted route info for Diverted Trains with cancelled route stations (was really helpful for situations like the Gujar Strike in Rajasthan couple of months back).
The App feature
The App is fairly popular among frequent travellers and is downloaded around 5,000,000 times only on the Android platform. It got last updated on 5, June 2017. You can run the App on a smartphone with Android Version 2.3 or above.
The three most anticipated features that the App does not have are:
- PNR Status Enquiry.
- Book Train Tickets.
- Check Fares for Trains.
If railway can add these three features it will become a very comprehensive Application.
The NTES APP For iPhone (iOS) and Apple Watch
The NTES App is now available to use with your iPhone and the Apple Watch. You can download the NTES App to use with the iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s.
The NTES App is also functional with the Apple watch and you can access all the information about the live trains with the NTES APP on your watch. The current version for the iOS is 8.5.5 and is compatible with iOS 7 , iOS 8 and iOS 9. The new version for the app brings bug fixes and improvement to the UI and UX.
There was earlier an issue with the NTES App that when the App was updated the favourite data was lost but now the issue is fixed and the favourites data will not be erased.
You May Also Like: