Nubia, the child brand of ZTE Chinese brand has launched its second smartphone of the year in India.
After launching the Nubia Z11 MiniS, the company has launched the Nubia M2 Lite in the country at Rs. 13,999. The phone is already available to purchase via Amazon India.
If you recall, the Nubia M2 Lite was launched in China in March with Helio P10 chipset and Android 7.0 Nougat based Nubia UI 4.0. In India though, the company has launched the device with MediaTek MT6750 chip and Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Nubia UI 4.0 for some strange reasons.
In India though, the company has launched the device with MediaTek MT6750 chip and Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Nubia UI 4.0 for some unknown reasons.
For the asking price of Rs. 13,999, the MediaTek MT6750 chipset is a letdown, and Android Marshmallow is slowly becoming dated as well with Android O release is around the corner.
Other specifications of the phone are a 5.5-inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 x720 pixels, which is another bummer.
The MediaTek MT6750 is an Octa-Core chip that comes with 4 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. With the help of microSD card slot, the storage can be expandable up to 128GB.
The smartphone competes with the recently launched Oppo A57 which also comes with a 16 Mega Pixel front selfie camera and is powered by Snapdragon 435 processor, priced at Rs 14,999.
Nubia M2 Lite Full Specifications
- Display : 5.5-inch 720p HD IPS LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified) protection
- CPU: Octa Core MediaTek MT6750T processor
- GPU: ARM Mali-T860 MP2
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 128 GB with micro-SD
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano + Nano), Fingerprint sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP With LED flash
- Primary Rear Camera : 13 MP , Full HD 1080P video recording
- Dimensions: 155.73 x 76.70 x 7.50
- Weight: 164 grams
- Connectivity : 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery : 3000 mAh Li-ion; NeoPower 2.5 Fast Charging
The smartphone comes with 4G LTE, VoLTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, and micro USB port. It comes with a small 3000 mAH battery with NeoPower 2.5 fast charging support.
The M2 Lite has a 13MP rear camera, but the highlight is the 16MP front-facing camera, which is also accompanied by LED flashlight. As said earlier, the phone is laden by Nubia UI 4.0 based on Andriod 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
The Nubia M2 Lite is not really meant for the specs enthusiast but would appeal to the selfie smartphone buyers who are looking for a slightly cheaper option.