Oppo in China has announced a new smartphone called the Oppo R11 Plus. Along with the Oppo R11 Plus, the Chinese company also launched the Oppo R11 with a smaller display and battery.
The Oppo R11 series resembles the Apple iPhone 7 Plus in terms of design, especially from the back. The phones have a dual rear camera with the same design of iPhone 7 Plus. Besides the rear camera, the phone also features a powerful selfie camera as well. Notably the Oppo R11 plus also looks alot like the upcoming OnePlus 5 which is going to get launched on 20 June.
Coming to the build of the newly launched phones, they are made of metal and comes in three colour options- gold, rose gold, and matte black. The black colour option looks excellent when compared to the other options.
There are two rear cameras as mentioned earlier with one 20MP and the other one of 16MP. The 16MP sensor is a Sony IMX398 sensor with larger f/1.7 aperture, and the 20MP one is a Sony IMX350 one with a f/2.6 aperture with a telephoto lens.
Both the Oppo R11 and R11 Plus feature the same camera setup at the back. There’s a 20MP sensor up front in both the phones.’
The Oppo R11 Plus has a 6-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is an AMOLED panel, which means the battery consumption will be very low.
The Smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chip with a 2.2 GHz CPU and Adreno 512 GPU. Furthermore, the chipset comes with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
The R11 Plus is the Oppo’s first phone to boot Color OS 3.1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The Oppo R11 also uses the same OS version. The phone has measurements of 165.8 × 81.5 × 7.8mm and weighs 188 grams. Considering the massive screen size, the weight of 188 grams is a decent one.
The phone has a larger 4000mAh battery with Oppo’s VOOC Charging technology. The phone also has a fingerprint scanner embedded into its display.
The Oppo R11 has all the specifications similar to the bigger sibling R11 Plus, but it has a smaller 5.5-inch Full HD display and a 3000mAh battery, 4 GB of RAM.
Oppo R11 Plus: Specifications
- Display: 6-inch (1080 x 1920 (Full HD) AMOLED screen, 98.50% NTSC color gamut
- Processor: 2.2GHz Snapdragon 660 octa-core SoC with Adreno 512 GPU
- Memory and storage: 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat with Color OS 3.1
- Rear Camera: 20-megapixel (Sony IMX350 sensor) + 16-megapixel (Sony IMX398 sensor) dual-camera setup with 2x optical zoom, Portrait Mode, PDAF, 5P and 6P lens, single-LED flash, and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 20-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE support, GPS + GLONASS, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions:165.8 × 81.5 × 7.8mm
- Weight: 188 grams
- Battery: 4,000 mAh, non-removable
- Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold
Both the phones come with support for 4G VoLTE, GPS + GLONASS, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Oppo R11 comes with a price tag of 2999 Yuan ($440), and the R11 Plus will be sold for 3699 Yuan ($544). There’s a special Heat Red version of the Oppo R11, which will be available for 3199 Yuan ($470).
Both the devices won’t be launched in India anytime soon.
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!