Samsung has launched the new version of the last years budget smartphone galaxy J2. The new smartphone is named as Samsung J2 2016 and comes with some of the innovative features which differentiate the smartphone from pool of other budget devices.
The Samsung J2 2016 was launched yesterday and is already available online and offline at a price of Rs. 9750. We got the first glimpse of the device at a retailer in Mumbai and first impression for the device was impressive.
Samsung was fast to stock the device on the same day of launch in retail stores an advantage which it enjoys due to large distribution and supply chain.
The Samsung J2 2016 comes with some innovative additions beyond the specs.
5 Innovative Features of Samsung J2 2016
- Smart Glow – It comes with a new nifty smart glow feature which Samsung has launched for the first time. The rear camera has a ring of LED when some notifications are there. It allows you to colour-code contacts, apps and phone usage alerts so that you never miss out on any calls, messages and notifications.
- Bike Mode – The Samsung J2 2016 also comes with the S Bike Mode which was introduced by Samsung in J3 2016 and allows you to send custom messages while you are driving a bike.
- Turbo Speed Technology – Samsung has improved the App opening speed with this new optimisation technology which makes Apps 40% faster to open.
- Ultra Data Saving Mode – Samsung has been using this technology for a while in the devices and J2 2016 also comes with this to help reduce the 3G /4G LTE data consumption.
- Android Marshmallow and New UI – The smartphone comes with Android Marshmallow 6.0 along with the touch-wiz UI which has been customised for the smartphone to make it better compared to the other Samsung budget smartphones.
The design is a bit similar to the Samsung J3 with poly-plastic build and matte finish at the back with contoured lines.
The smartphone comes in 3 colors Gold , Silver and Black.
The first impression about the design and looks won’t make you drool over it as it comes with same plastic build with minor changes but experience wise it is improved vastly compare to the other Samsung smartphones.
The Samsung J3 2016 comes with 5.0 inch HD (1280*720P) screen and AMOLED display, the smartphone feels easy to hold and work with as it has a compact footprint with just 8.0 mm thickness.
It comes with a 8 MP rear camera and there is a 5 mega pixel front camera to take selfies. I tested the rear camera briefly and it was quick to launch and even quick to capture images with decent details. The Autofocus system is good but Samsung has kept the resolution low probably to make it work better with the processor.
The J3 2016 is powered by the Spreadtrum 1.5 GHz Quad Core processor which is no match to the rival SD 615 or even the SD 650 processor used in many smartphones in this range. (Redmi Note 3 or Zenfone Max).
Samsung has optimised the device well but it comes with 1.5 GB RAM which Samsung claims is sufficient to run the device.
The J2 2016 also don’t score well on storage as it has 8 GB of internal storage only which can be expanded to 128 GB using the micro SD card.
The Samsung J2 2016 comes with 4G LTE connectivity and has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n BT 4.0 | USB 2.0 | A-GPS+ | GLONASS.
Battery And OS
The J2 2016 comes with 2600 mAH battery capacity which can run all day considering the HD display and a low profile processor along with Samsung optimisations.
The smartphone runs on the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0 and a all new UI to offer better customer experience.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 2016 may not have the fastest processor or large storage or even the battery life but it excel in some of the useful features which many buyers will find good to use in day to day usage. And of course it comes with better quality control and reliable brand name.
You May Like to Read :