Samsung has been able to capture the flagship market with the Samsung S8 and S8 Plus. Despite the failure of Samsung Note 7, due to faulty batteries, Samsung has been able to win the consumer trust again.
Samsung S8 and S8 Plus were launched in India on 20 April, 2017 and now Samsung has introduced a higher ram variant for the S8 Plus.
There aren’t many factors that differentiate the Sasmung S8 and S8 Plus. The Plus variant offers bigger battery and bigger display. The rest of the specifications remains the same across both the offerings.
In order to spice things up, Samsung has launched an upgraded Galaxy S8 Plus with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage.
This new offering is priced at a eye-watering price of Rs. 74,900 and will be available only in the Midnight Black color option.
While the 4 GB + 64 GB offering costs around Rs 64,900 respectively and is available in 3 color variants, Blue Coral, Midnight Black and Maple Gold.
Samsung has even come up with introductory offers for the new entrant. People wanting to avail the exchange offer can get up to Rs 15,000 discount on their purchase.
Like most of the OEMs, Samsung also has enticing offers like cashback of Rs 2,500 for ICICI credit card owners. They can also avail the Reliance Jio double data plans which provides 56 GB of data for Rs 309. Samsung is also offering a wireless charger worth Rs 4,499, for free with the S8 Plus 128 GB!
The rest of the specifications remain the same across the line up.
Specifications for S8 Plus
- Screen- 6.2 inch QHD Super AMOLED display
- Screen Protection- Corning Gorilla Glass 5.0
- Processor- Exynos 8895
- RAM- 4 GB/6 GB
- Storage- 64 GB/128 GB
- Rear camera- 12 MP, Dual pixel autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, OIS
- Front camera- 8 MP, AF, f/1.7 aperture
- Connectivity- 3G/4G, VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GPRS
- Battery- 3500 mAh
- Security options- Fingerprint scanner, Iris Scanner, Face recognition
- Fast charging support- YES
- Wireless charging support- YES
- Price – Rs 74,900 (6 GB variant), Rs 64,900 (4 GB variant)