Sony Xperia XA1 Plus India Launch Details – Sony is a Japanese brand, and Japan is known for innovations. However, Sony has been out of the radar when it comes to innovations in its smartphones. As a result, the brand has lost its place in the market.
Sony Xperia XA 1 Plus
The same scenario applies to HTC as well, which resulted in the company selling off its smartphone team to Google for $1.1 billion. HTC is not launching many smartphones these days, but Sony has been coming out with decent smartphones every now and then.
And the latest Sony smartphone to launch in India is the Sony Xperia XA1 Plus. The smartphone is priced at Rs.24,990 and goes on sale from tomorrow.
The Xperia XA1 Plus offers decent specifications at Rs. 24,990 and comes with the camera as its major aspect, like other Sony smartphones released in recent times.
Specifications at a Glance
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080 x 1920 Full HD IPS panel with Sony’s Image Enhance Technology.
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P20 2.3 GHz octa-core 64-bit processor with ARM Mali-T880 GPU.
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat, confirmed upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable by up to 256GB with a microSD card.
- Rear Camera: 23 MP Exmor RS sensor with f/2.0 aperture lens, Hybrid AF, SteadyShot stabilization, LED flash.
- Front Camera: 8 MP Exmor R sensor with f/2.0 aperture 23mm wide-angle lens.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, NFC, GPS with A-GPS, USB Type-C port, 4G VoLTE.
- Battery: 3430 mAh capacity with Qnovo Adaptive charging, fast charging supported.
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 8.7mm.
- Weight: 190 grams.
Like other Sony smartphones, the Xperia XA1 Plus also comes with a unimetal body design, and measures 8.7mm in thickness. The device is on the heavier side at 190grams.
Additionally, the smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with Sony Image Enhance technology for advanced colour reproduction. The display has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, which is good for the asking price.
However, Sony did not mention any protective layer used to cover the display of the XA1 Plus.
Sony Xperia XA 1 Plus
Sony has used the octa-core MediaTek Helio P20 chipset with all the cores clocked at 2.3GHz. The GPU in the smartphone is an ARM Mali-T880 GPU which handles the graphics performance. The phone has 4GB of RAM and just 32GB of internal storage. The device accepts microSD cards up to 256GB, which is a welcome addition.
The Xperia XA1 Plus comes with a 23MP camera at the back, which is an Exmor RS sensor with f/2.0 aperture lens and LED flash. Sony also added SteadyShot stabilization for less shaky video footage. The phone comes with an 8MP wide-angle front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture.
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, NFC, GPS with A-GPS, USB Type-C port, 4G VoLTE are the connectivity options present in the smartphone. Lastly, the device has a 3430 mAh battery with Sony’s Qnovo Adaptive fast charging technology, which is a good thing to see.
Will you purchase the Sony Xperia XA1 Plus at Rs. 24,990 when the OnePlus 3T is available at Rs. 24,999? Comment below your opinion.