Sony launched its latest flagship smartphone Xperia XZ1 in India. Also, the brand realized that premium pricing is not going in favor of the company and reduced the pricing of the Xperia XZ1. This is what we’re expecting from Sony since a few days now.
The Sony Xperia XZ1 is priced at Rs. 44,990, which makes the device compete with OnePlus 5 priced at Rs. 37,999. The XZ1 is a successor to Xperia XZs which was launched at Rs. 49,990 in India in April 2017. The XZ1 features similar monoblock design as other XZ series device but brings in flagship hardware and flagship camera setup.
Key Specs For Sony Xperia XZ1 Smartphone
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core Processor Clocked at 2.35 GHz.
- GPU – Adreno 540 graphics.
- RAM – 4 GB RAM
- Display: 5.2-inch 16:9 HD Display with (1920*1080)Pixels resolution and 401 PPI.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, tri luminous & mobile X-Reality engine.
- Storage – 64 GB of internal storage, expandable upto 256 GB, Hybrid Sim Slot.
- Rear Dual: 19 MP Rear camera, 3D Imaging, 960 FPS slow motion, 4K Support. F/2.0 aperture OIS.
- Front: 13 MP Wide Angle (F2.2 aperture)
- Battery: 2700 mAh with Qnovo technology and Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo with the Sony custom UI.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 NFC / USB Type-C.
- Others Features: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant.
- Sound – DSEE HX & LDAC, Clear Audio+.
- Colors – Black, Warm Silver, Moonlit Blue and Venus Pink.
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes.
- Thickness – 7.4 mm
- Weight: 156 grams
- USB Type C Port – YES
- Price – Rs. 44,990.
Sony Xperia XZ1 Camera
The Sony Xperia XZ1 features 19MP Motion Eye Camera with 3D Image sensing technology. Sony also launched a 3D Creator application with the smartphone which captures 3D images which can also be printed later on.
The rear camera can capture 960fps slow-motion videos, 4K videos, and has OIS support as well. The phone has a 13MP wide-angle selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture.
The Sony Xperia XZ1 comes with Snapdragon 835 chipset, mated with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. This dual smartphone can accept either two SIM cards or one microSD card in place of the secondary SIM card. The graphics are taken care by Adreno 540 GPU.
Sony has included connectivity options such as 4G LTE, VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and USB Type-C port. This phone has a very small 2700 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support.
The smartphone has a 5.2-inch Full HD display with Sony X-Reality and TRILUMINOUS technology. The fingerprint scanner is baked into the power button of the smartphone, and it will be available in various colour options- Black, Warm Silver, Moonlit Blue and Venus Pink.
The Sony Xperia XZ1 is the first non-Google smartphone to offer Android Oreo, which is a USP of the device for now. All the Android Oreo features along with some Sony additions are also present in this smartphone.
The Sony Xperia XZ1 is priced at Rs. 44,990 and is already available to purchase.