Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 smartphone back in January 2017 and it is 5 months since the smartphone was launched in the Indian market.
I reviewed the 4 GB RAM version of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 back in February 2017 – Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Review: The New Benchmark For Budget Smartphones
We found the smartphone to be great as far as the performance and battery life goes. We had the 4 GB RAM version in grey color with the white front panel. Recently we got another 3 GB RAM version as a lot of readers had questions about how is the performance of the 3 GB RAM version when compared to the 4 GB RAM version of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
To make things more interesting we got the jet black version of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 from Flipkart which is currently priced at Rs. 10,999. The last review we did was a written in-depth review but this one we wanted to do a video to get a closer feel of the design and UI. Subscribe to (Candytech YouTube Channel if You have not done already).
A lot of things change in the smartphone world in a span of 5 to 6 months and we have tested and reviewed several other phones in the meantime and we also wanted to check if time has changed our opinion of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
OR is it still one of the best smartphones to buy in the Range of Rs. 10,000 to 14000 in the Indian market.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Review (3 GB RAM) – After 5 Months of Launch – Still Best?
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes with exceptional specs for a very affordable Price – Here are the Key Take-Aways from the Video Review.
Here are the things we liked about the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
1. Affordable Price and Amazing Performance.
2. Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 is a superfast processor made from 14 Nm Process and comes with 8 Cores and 64 Bit Architecture. There is Adreno 506 GPU which is also fantastic for playing games and doing any graphics-intensive tasks.
3. You can buy the 3 GB or the 4 GB RAM version of the Redmi Note 4 to experience faster multi-tasking when switching apps. I would suggest not to buy the Redmi Note 4 with 2 GB Ram.
4. Excellent Design and Build Quality- Note 4 has a great metallic build and a far better and robust design when we compare it the Redmi Note 3.
5. The display is Full HD with 1920*1080 Pixels and also offers good color profile. It is sharp and has sufficient brightness. You can easily use the smartphone outdoors. Overall Multi-media experience is fantastic on the Redmi Note 4.
6. Incredible Battery Life – 4000 mAH battery is simply amazing and it seems to work all day or even the second day with average to heavy usage. I really enjoyed the good battery life of Redmi Note 4. The lack of fast charging though is a bit of bummer.
Things Which Could Have Been Better
- The camera is pretty average on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and left us always desiring more details or better focus. Xiaomi has done a far better job with the Xiaomi Mi A1 as far as the camera is concerned. The rival Moto G5 Plus also offers a much better camera when compared to the Redmi Note 4.
Thanks for Watching the Review – Share your thoughts in the Comments Below or any questions you may have which may help you with the buying decision.
Subscribe to Candytech Youtube Channel to watch some more cool tech videos.