Today we are comparing the best budget smartphones which are priced between Rs. 7,000 to Rs. 8000 in the Indian market. We will go through the detailed Specs, user reviews, our own experience with all these smartphones; to pick a winner out of the lot.
All the 4 smartphones are great value for money and are the best mobiles that you can buy right now. But what is the right choice for you; do you need better performance or stability or camera. You will be clear after reading pros & cons of all smartphones.
There is no perfect smartphone, heating and other issues can happen with all smartphones, in some models there are more quality issues compared to others.
All the 4 Smartphones – Micromax Yu Yuphoria, Moto E 4G, Redmi 2 & Lenovo A6000 Plus are 4G LTE smartphones and use the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 64 Bit Quadcore processor clocked at 1.2 Ghz.
Performance wise they are all running on the same processor, so not too much difference, however the Lenovo A6000 Plus and Yu Yuphoria have 2 GB RAM which is advantageous.
Though Lenovo A6000 plus has been plagued with lots of bloatware by Lenovo; which reduces the amount of free Ram. Motorola Moto E 4G is best optimized in terms of software and Hardware integration. Initial reports for the Yu Yuphoria are positive, but it again suffers from occasional lags and rear camera quality.
Yu Yuphoria Vs Lenovo A6000 Plus Vs Moto E 4G Vs Redmi 2
|Smartphone||YU Yuphoria||Lenovo A6000 Plus||Moto E 4G LTE||Xiaomi Redmi 2|
|Screen Size||5.0 inch IPS LCD Screen||5.0 inch IPS LCD Screen||4.5 inch IPS LCD Display||4.7 inches IPS LCD Display|
|Screen Resolution||HD 1280*720||HD 1280*720||960*540||HD 1280*720|
|Glass Protection||Yes Corning Gorilla Glass 3||Non||Yes Corning Gorilla Glass 3||Yes Corning Gorilla Glass 2|
|PPI||294 PPI||294 PPI||245 PPI||312 PPI|
|Processor||Snapdragon 410 Quadcore Clocked @ 1.2 Ghz||Snapdragon 410 Quadcore Clocked @ 1.2 Ghz||Snapdragon 410 Quadcore Clocked @ 1.2 Ghz||Snapdragon 410 Quadcore Clocked @ 1.2 Ghz|
|GPU||Adreno 306||Adreno 306||Adreno 306||Adreno 306|
|RAM||2 GB RAM||2 GB RAM||1 GB RAM||1 GB RAM|
|Rear Camera||8 MP Autofocus LED||8 MP Autofocus LED||5 MP Rear Camera||8 MP Autofocus LED|
|Front Camera||5 MP Selfie Cam||2 MP Camera||0.3 MP Front Camera||2 MP Camera|
|Operating System||Android Lollipop 5.0||Android Kitkat 4.4.2||Android Lollipop 5.0||Android Kitkat 4.4.4|
|Usage Interface||Cyanogen 12||Vibe UI 3.0||Pure Android||MIUI 6.0|
|Internal Storage||16 GB||16 GB||8 GB||8 GB|
|Expandable Storage||Expandable to 32 GB||Expandable to 32 GB||Expandable to 32 GB||Expandable to 32 GB|
|Thickness||9.35 mm||8.2 mm||12.3 mm||9.4 mm|
|Weight||143 grams||128 grams||145 grams||133 grams|
|Battery||2230 mAh||2300 mAh||2390 mAH||2200 mAH|
|Current Price||Rs. 6999||Rs. 7500||Rs. 7,999||Rs. 6,999|
|Candytech Rating||Score 4.0/5.0||Score 4.1/5.0||Score 4.2/5.0||Score 4.1/5.0|
Lets Look into the Pros & Cons of Each Smartphone and then choose which is right for you.
Micromax Yu Yuphoria
Micromax Yu Yuphoria – Pros
- Really Low price of Rs. 6999.
- Processor and Ram is Good.
- Front Camera is pretty good with 5MP display.
- 16 GB internal storage and option to expand.
- Cyanogen 12 OS with Lots of Customization.
- 4G Connectivity
Micromax Yu Yuphoria – Cons (Based on initial testing)
- Average Rear camera, noise level is high in images.
- User experience is average, occasional lags.
- Design is good the black strips near USB port and 3.5 mm Jack looks mediocre
Overall We rate it at 3.9/5.0 a good smartphone if you are looking for best specs in the price of Rs. 6,999.
Lenovo A6000 Plus
Lenovo A6000 Plus – Pros
- Good HD Display 1280*720P resolution.
- Processor and Ram are good.
- Dolby Sound System makes sound better, Active noise cancellation.
- 16 GB internal storage and option to expand
- 4G Connectivity
- Light weight Design , quite thin measuring 8.2 mm
Lenovo A6000 Plus – Cons
- High Amount of Bloat ware in Lenovo UI .
- Lacks Any Protection on screen like Gorialla Glass 2 or Asahi Glass.
- No Back light on navigation buttons
- Lenovo do not provide earphones.
- Lacks OTG support.
Overall – We rate it at 4.0/5.0 a good smartphone if you are looking for best specs in the price of Rs. 7,499.
Motorola Moto E 4G LTE
Moto E 4G LTE – Pros
- Good Processor and software optimization.
- Android Lollipop is fluid.
- Good User experience. Excellent Pure Android Experience.
- 4G Connectivity.
- Great Build Quality and Battery backup. Water Resistant.
- OTG Support, faster Android Updates by Motorola.
- Excellent for Gaming, less heating issues.
Moto E 4G LTE – Cons
- Quite thick measures 12.3 mm , Heavy and bulky 145 grams.
- 1 GB RAM only.
- Poor front camera and rear camera is just Okay.
- Expensive compared to other smartphones.
Overall We rate it at 4.2/5.0 a good smartphone if you are looking for best specs in the price of Rs. 7,999.
You can decide which best suits your need based on the above and I believe if you choose any of the above 4 you just can’t go wrong.
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Redmi 2 – Pros
- Excellent Display easy to read HD Screen.
- Light weight and thin smartphone, ease of Use.
- Both Front and back camera are good.
- 4G Connectivity
- Priced under Rs. 7K.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 – Cons
- The MIUI is good but at times it sucks with lags and freezes.
- User experience is average compared to stock android
- Only 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal Storage.
Overall We rate it at 4.1/5.0 a good smartphone if you are looking for best specs in the price of Rs. 6,999.
Verdict – Yu Yuphoria Vs Lenovo A6000 Plus Vs Moto E 4G Vs Redmi 2
Boy ‘O’ Boy it is quite difficult to decide a single winner here. As there are pros and cons with each of these device. I have pointed out what you can expect before purchasing the smartphone, so you can make an informed decision. All 4 smartphones are solid in performance and Pros outweighs the cons in each case.
Yu Yureka has affordable price and packs every thing, if specs are more important for you along with Android Lollipop it is an excellent choice.
Lenovo A6000 plus is thin, light and stylish with great specs, storage and Dolby sound it is an excellent smartphone to buy for Rs. 6,999.
Motorola Moto E 4G undoubtedly has better quality and is mostly issue free, a bit expensive but then it offers best user experience.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 scores low on the UI though again some users love the MIUI, I am more of a purist and like pure android experience. It comes with the better camera of all four and is thin and light weight.
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!