ZTE has launched a new Smartphone named as ZTE Grand S II which has a 13MP rear Camera and is powered by a extremely powerful Snapdragon 800 processor(MSM8674) which also has been equipped in smartphones like Nexus 5 and Xiaomi Mi3.
The Snapdragon 800 is an extremely powerful processor with Quad Core architecture and 2.23 GHz clock speed. In laymen terms it means the new ZTE Grand S II is a really powerful Smartphone with a economical price tag of Rs. 13,999.
The smartphone is an Amazon exclusive launch which means that it will be available only on Amazon.in a leading e-commerce portal in India.
The name for ZTE Grand S II sounds very similar, Samsung has a model known as Samsung Galaxy “Grand” and earlier had a model known as Samsung S II. Doesn’t the name looks like an amalgam of Samsung models.The ZTE Grand S II was unveiled at the CES 2014 and went on sale in China in April-2014.
The Full Specifications of ZTE Grand S II
- Processor – Snapdragon 800 2.23 GHz Quad core
- GPU – Adreno 330
- RAM – 2GB RAM
- Internal Memory – 16 GB
- External SD Card Supported – 32 GB
- Screen Type and Size – IPS FHD Screen , 5.5 inch
- Screen Resolution – 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Pixel density – 401 PPI
- Battery Capacity – 2500 mAH Li-ion Battery
- Primary Camera – 13MP primary camera with auto focus, flash, 1080p video recording
- Secondary Camera – 5 MP front facing Selfie Camera
- 2G – yes Edge
- 3G – Yes HSDPA
- 4G – Yes LTE
- Dual SIM – GSM+CDMA
- Operating System – Android jelly Bean 4.2
- Sound – Dolby Digital Plus sound effect
- Dimensions – 15.7 x 0.8 x 7.7 cm
- Weight – 120 gm
- Price – Rs. 13,999 or $235
ZTE Grand S II 13MP Camera Snapdragon 800 Price Rs 13999
Pros – ZTE Grand S II
- Processor – Snapdragon 800 is superb processor
- RAM – 2GB
- Camera- Both Camera are good with 13MP rear and 5 MP Front
- Thickness – 7.8 mm which is idea not very thick or thin
- Weight is good at 120 grams only.
Cons – ZTE Grand S II
- Out dated Operating System Android version 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Expandable Storage only up to 32 GB for users who want bigger storage.
If you can live with an outdated Operating System Android Jelly Bean you can purchase the smartphone, the price is good for the hardware. It is yet not clear whether it will get an Android Lollipop update or not.