Best Motherboard for AMD Processor Gaming PC
In selecting the best gaming motherboards for AMD Gaming PC build with AM3+ Socket, we have considered multiple factors like RAM supported, Graphics Card support for AMD crossfire and SLI, processors supported and USB 3.0 number of ports and general built and design. Also, more importantly, user reviews.
If you are planning to play the GTA 5 on PC, you may need to upgrade some of the old PC hardware to enjoy the game fully. If you wish to understand how to build a custom Gaming PC, you can read our Ultimate Guide to Gaming PC.
Also, We have chosen 3 best selling value for money motherboards which you can use for various budgets starting as low as Rs. 4000($75) to Rs. 8000($140). Besides, motherboards have so many features which we hardly use, but manufacturers exploit showcase them to sell. How often do we use a Quad Sli or Crossfire or 64GB of RAM, very few Gamers may go to that extreme.
Further, choosing the right motherboard can be time taking and confusing at times. How much to spend on board when you have a tight budget. We have mentioned the processors as well as Graphics Cards which you can buy along with the gaming motherboards. All the boards selected are based on AM3+ socket architecture.
Starting with the budget Board for Rs. 4000 Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 it is number 1 on the list of 3 Best Motherboard For AMD Gaming PC Build and offers good value for money.
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard
Key Specs for the MotherBoard – Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
- Socket Type – AM3+
- Ultra Durable 4 Classic Technology with high-quality components design.
- 4+1 Phase CPU Power design for AMD high TDP 125W CPU support.
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3000 graphics.
- PCI-E 2.0 x16 interface for ultimate graphics support.
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory.
- Support for DDR3 memory up to 1333MHz.
- Hybrid EFI technology with DualBIOS for 3TB HDD support.
- Audio – 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel.
- LAN support – 1 x Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit).
- Integrated HDMI/DVI/D-sub for Full HD 1080 contents playback.
- 4 USB 3.0 with superspeed transfer rates of up to 5 Gbps.
- No AMD Cross fire or Nvidia SLI support.
- GIGABYTE 3x USB Power with On/Off Charge USB ports.
- Supports Microsoft Windows 7/ Vista/ XP.
- Two front USB 3.0 port support with two at the rear panel.
- Fast booting.
- Overclocking Supported can overclock FX 6300 easily 4.0 GHz with voltage modification.
- Simple bios settings.
- Con – Supports only upto 1333Mhz RAM.
Supported and Recommended Processors to be Used with it: Also, Supports AMD AM3+ FX/AM3 Phenom II & Athlon™ II series processors, better to be used with AMD AthlonII X4 640, AMD FX 4100 & FX 4300 and upto FX 6300. Can be used for processors like FX 8120 but better to buy a slightly expensive board with them for managing high TDP.
Good Board with a durable design and 3-year warranty. It can be used for starting range of graphics cards.
Graphics cards best Suited for the Motherboard – AMD R7 240, AMD R7 250, AMD R7 260, AMD R7 260X or Nvidia GT 610, GT 620, GT 630, GT 640, or GT 730 or GT 740.
Price – Rs. 4100 or $75
Asus M5A97 Motherboard 2.0
Number 2 on the list of 3 Best Motherboard For AMD Gaming PC Build is the Asus M5A97 which offers all the features for a budget motherboard.
Key Specs for the MotherBoard- Asus M5A97 Motherboard 2.0
- Dual Intelligent Processors – TPU + EPU.
- USB 3.0 Boost – Faster USB 3.0 Transmission with UASP.
- Socket Type – AM3+.
- UEFI BIOS – Flexible & Easy BIOS Interface.
- Memory Configuration- 32 DDR3 Dual Channel DIMM.
- Memory Frequency – 1066 MHz, 1333 MHz, 1600 MHz, 1866 MHz, 2133(O.C) MHz.
- AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX.
- ASUS TPU: Auto Tuning, TurboV, ASUS EPU: EPU, ASUS Power Design: 4 +2 Phase Power Design.
- Auto Tuning – Auto System Level Up.
- Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support! But doesn’t support Nvidia SLI.
- Overclocking Protection: ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall).
- AMD Cool n Quiet Technology, Auto O.C. Tuning
- True USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s Support – Fully Unleash Performance.
- Audio – High Definition Audio, Supports Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking, ASUS Noise Filter.
- OS Supported – Windows 7 and Windows 8 and 8.1.
Supported and Recommended Processors to be Used with it: Supports AMD AM3+ FX/AM3 Phenom II & Athlon™ II series processors, better to be used with AMD AthlonII X4 640, AMD FX 4100 & FX 4300 and FX 6300 best to Use with AMD FX 6300 or FX 8120 , FX 8150 or FX 8350.
Other Processors Supported – X-4100 Processor, FX-4170 Processor, FX-6100 Processor, FX-8100 Processor, FX-8120 Series, FX-8300 Series
Good Board with a durable design and 3-year warranty. It can be used for all mid-range Graphics cards.
Recommended Graphic Cards
AMD R7 240, AMD R7 250 , AMD R7 260, AMD R7 260X , AMD R7 265 , AMD R7 265X , AMD R7 270 and 270X or Nvidia GT 610, GT 620, GT 630, GT 640, or GT 730 or GT 740, GT 750, GT 750 Ti GTX 660 , GTX 760. Better to buy an AMD graphics card with this motherboard if you plan to buy a second one for cross fire support. The motherboard does not support Nvidia SLI.
Price – Rs. Rs. 6,515 or $100
For Additional 1200 Rs, you can buy the ASRock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard which has many advantages Vs. Asus M5A97 Motherboard 2.0 like a Nvidia SLI support, higher memory level support.
Click Next Below ….
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!