7 Upcoming Smartphones 2017 – Future Phones
7 Upcoming Smartphones 2017 – Future Phones – What future has in store, for smartphones manufactured by mobile technology pioneers like Apple, Samsung and Google for us in near future – let’s check out. The article gives a glimpse of what we can expect in the Mobile world and specially what will happen to the smartphones in 2017.
Current year have been revolutionary for mobile computing in many ways. The user focus has completely shifted, from large computing devices (PC and laptop) to incredibly powerful smartphones.
Computers and laptops are quickly getting replaced with highly capable smartphones with ever exceeding computing power, I don’t have to switch on a laptop now for lot of tasks. Responsive website designs and Apps have made the internet a great place for mobiles. Smartphones like the Xiaomi Mi Mix and the Huawei Honor Magic showcase what future smartphones will be like.
Smartphones are no more just a mode to communicate, they are being used to do so much and in ways never imagined before.
Here is a list of some of the Future upcoming smartphones expected to release in 2017 and beyond.
7 Upcoming Smartphones 2017 – Future Phones
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S7 was perfection back when it was launched. It is the most powerful smart phone till date with best camera offeirng 4 GB RAM. Nine out of ten reviews give it a score 10/10 no doubt. It is everything you need in a premium smart phone for sure.
Following the tradition, we expect Samsung S8 to come out around February or March of the upcoming year with wooing features. Now, here are few hot topics about S8 that are making rounds.
Samsung will again be aiming for the top spot and expect a lot from it.
Expected Specs for S8 :
- 5.2 inch Super AMOLED panel with Gorilla Glass on the front & back
- Three sided curved edged display
- 4K resolution with 847 ppi pixel density
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Exynos 8895 64-bit (Indian variant)
- 6 GB RAM/256 GB internal storage (or) 4 GB RAM/128 GB storage
- 12 MP rear sensor with Dual-Pixel technology with PDAF (Phase Detection & Auto Focus), Dual Tone LED Flash, f/1.7 & 4 axis OIS
- 8 MP front snapper
- 3500 mAh battery with fast charging technology and USB-C port
- Runs on Touchwiz UI with Android OS 7.0, Nougat
- Finger print sensor embedded in the home button on the front
- Swipeable button on the rear
- Costs around a starting price of 59,975 in India
Apple will be celebrating it’s 10th anniversary in the year 2017. So, we are likely to expect some radical redesigning when it comes to the upcoming IPhone.
Apple will be releasing two normal variants and a premium variant. Super fast A11 chipset and ios version 11 for more stability and better battery life.
Recently there was a news that the APple iPhone 8 can come with ground breaking 3D camera which can change the way photography is done on smartphones.
Expected Specs for iPhone 8 / iPhone :
- 5.5 inch OLED screen, bezel free display
- Finger print sensor & Front camera embedded in the screen
- Touch ID integrated for faster unlocking & Apple payments
- Super fast A11 chipset
- 3 GB RAM
- Runs on upgraded ios 11
- Water proof technology and dust proof technology
- No head phone jack
- USB type C reversible port with fast charging technology
- Wireless charging technology
- Costs at a starting price of 61454 in India
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Xiaomi launched a bezel free prototype phone, one of it’s kind in china only. This device sure does set a standard for future phones. It sports a massive 6.4 inch IPS LCD display. There is no bezel at all on the three sides of the display.
This device will come with a Qualcommn MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset. It is a quadcore processor clocked at 2.35 GHz. There is Adreno 530 to handle the graphics.
Word is out that Mi Mix Nano is getting set to hit the markets. It comes with a reduced 5.5 inch screen making it more handy and practical than the 6.4 inch variant.
Specs for Xiaomi Mi Mix :
- 100% bezel free 6.4 inch IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset
- Quad core processor clocked at 2.35 GHz speed
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 6 GB RAM/256 GB internal storage (or) 4 GB RAM/128 GB internal storage
- No SD card support
- Finger print sensor on the rear below the camera
- 5 MP front camera on the bottom
- 16 MP shooter on the rear with OIS
The Chinese brand oneplus stands out in the market rivaling the hotshots. They offer inevitable hardware at midrange prices. The latest release 3T can be a best performing device almost matching the mighty S7.
Their upcoming OnePlus 4 smart phone is expected to release in June of 2017. If it wants to rival the flagships, it might even get out a couple of months earlier. One plus 4 might come with a glass body with 5.5 inch 2K AMOLED display.
It might come with 8 GB RAM with the Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 830 or 835 chipset. Also 128 GB internal storage can be expected which is a needed feature.
The device is also offered Quick Charge 4.0 technology for faster charging. If it is true, this device will charge to 100% from point dead in less than half an hour.
Expected Specs for Oneplus 4 :
- 5.5 inch 2K AMOLED display
- 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution
- All glass body
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 830 or 835 chipset
- Runs on Oxygen OS with Android 7 Nougat
- 8 GB RAM/ 128 GB internal storage
- 21 MP rear camera with OIS
- 16 MP front shooter
- Water proof and dust proof technology
- 4000 mAh battery
- Quick charge technology 4.0 (100% in less than 30 minutes)
Symetium PC Smartphone
The non-compromise smart phone is the tag-line for the Symetium PC Smart phone. Not much of it’s launch date is revealed but still this device looks exotic and great.
Trust me I’ve never seen any device much premium, precise and full of symmetry than this. Even Iphone looks dull in comparison. The OLED screen looks vivid and elegant.
This device that promises to be a PC for the pocket can sure make the best use of it.
Expected Specs for Symetium PC smart phone :
- 5.5 inch OLED screen
- Superb Luxury Uni metal build competing iPhone easily
- Premium finishing with chamfers and symmetric edges
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset
- Octa core processor clocked at 2.8 GHz speed
- 6 GB RAM / 64 – 256 GB internal storage capacity
- Dock through HDMI port to easy connectivity
- Easy to use, simple, elegant UI
- Touch sensitive RGB home button
- 24 MP rear camera & 8 MP front camera with dedicated shutter key
LG G5, the latest flagship killer with it’s new modular support is a great experimental phone. It has a great build quality, great camera, swapable battery and additive modules to make the device more powerful and unique.
LG G6 is expected to continue the modular design similar to G5. It might come out in or around the first quarter of 2017.
The device is likely to come with UHD display, a monstrous Qcomm 830 processor and 24 MP 4K supported primary camera.
Expected Specs for LG G6 :
- 5.3 inch UHD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 830 chipset, a quad core processor
- 6 GB RAM/64 GB internal storage
- Runs on Android OS v7.0, Nougat
- 24 MP 4K supported rear camera/ 16 MP dual lens (RGB, B&W) rear camera with 3-axial OIS, Dual LED Flash
- 12 MP front camera
- Finger print sensor
- Quick charging 3.0 technology (100% in 40 minutes)
The recent benchmark killer HTC 10 is a device with great processor, good camera. The build quality is highly premium with chamfers and curvy edges. The same chunky look is not expected with HTC 11. It is expected to come with a lesser bezel design.
The much rumored ‘Sense Touch’ a technology by which the device can be controlled to perform actions through swiping or tapping the edge.
The device is also expected to bank the monstrous Qcomm SD835 chipset for scarily fast processing and great power economy.
Expected Specs for HTC 11 :
- 5.5 inch QHD display
- Offers 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset
- 6 GB RAM/ 256 GB internal storage
- Dual 12 Ultra Pixel lens on the rear (RGB + B&W)
- 8 Ultra Pixel front camera for great selfies
- Anroid OS v7.0, Nougat
- Finger print scanner
- 4300 mAh battery
- Quick charge 3.0 technology for faster charging
Nokia is a legendary firm which took the mobile phones to a whole another level. They have been looking for a partner to come back after they got out of the windows phone business.
It is now official that Nokia registered to MWC 2017 after pairing up with HMD technologies. Two different handsets are expected from the Finland giant in the Q2 of 2017.
The names aren’t clearly out but D1c and C1 are the ones everyone is murmuring these days in the mobile market
Expected Specs for Nokia D1C :
- 5.0 inch HD display & 5.5 inch 2K display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset
- 3 GB RAM / 32 GB internal storage
- Adreno 505 GPU
- Runs on Android OS v7, Nougat with Z-Launcher System UI atop
- IPS resistivity (water proof, dust proof)
- 13 MP rear camera for 5 inch variant & 16 MP rear camera for 5.5 inch variant
- 4G support
Le Max 2 Pro Extreme
The Chinese tech giant, Le Eco always wows the users by offering high end features at a reasonable price. This is the reason for why it always has been a hot topic in mobile market NEWS.
It seems that a sibling of Le Eco Max 2 will be out in the 3rd quarter of the year 2017. This device is expected to house 8 GB RAM, Qcomm SD830 chipset and many more features.
Expected Specs for Le Max 2 Pro Extreme :
- 6.0 inch QHD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 processor
- 8 GB RAM / 128 GB internal storage
- 25 MP rear camera (PDAP, HDR & OIS)
- 16 MP front camera
- Finger print Scanner
- Fast Charge technology
Sony Xperia C6
Rumors spread out that Sony is all set to launch a new add-o in the ‘ Xperia C ‘ lineup. So apparently, this will be a phablet. The display is said to have minimal bezels for enhanced looks.
Xperia C is said to sport a 6 inch FHD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection at the front and back. It is still not very clear about the processor but the device is likely to house a Qcomm SD processor over the Mediatek.
Specs for Sony Xperia C6 :
- 6.0 inch QHD display with 1400 x 2560 pixels resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and rear.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 proessor
- 4 GB RAM & Adreno 530 GPU
- 20 MP rear camera ( EXMOR Lens )
- 16 MP front camera
This was a small effort to give you a preview of what is going to happen next year. Hope you get the mobile you want in the upcoming year with tons to shop from.
Redmi Note 5:
Xiaomi Redmi Note lineup has been great value for money in India. Note 3 is the highest sold mobile phone in India in 2016. Recent addition to this is Redmi Note 4 launched on Flipkart exclusively at a starting price of 9,999. The reason for this series to be hit is the features and quality they offer for affordable price. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 was recently spotted on the Chinese certification website and some of the details got leaked.
Key Specs for Note 5:
- Display: 5.5 inch Curved IPS FHD display with a slab of 2.5 D glass atop and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 too
- Chipset: Snapdragon 652(India)/ Media Tek Helio X20
- Processor: Deca-core for Helio & Octa-core for Snapdragon chipset
- RAM: 3 GB/ 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB for 3 GB and 4 GB for 64 GB in-built storage
- Cameras : 16 MP Rear camera with PDAF at f/2.0 aperture & 8 MP front camera with wide angle lens
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Dual Sim(4G/3G) with VoLTE, Bluetooth
- Finger print sensor: Front mounted and embedded in the home button
- Battery: 4100 mAh non-removable supporting quick charge technology 3.0
- Expected Price: 11,000 for 3 GB RAM & 14,000 for 4 GB RAM variants
Read More about the Upcoming Xiaomi Note 5.
At CES 2017, lot of tech enthusiasts had a lot to take in at once, especially the unbelievable technologies. The smartphone is expected to get launched on 26th Feb at the MWC 2017. HMD Global which took up the rights for Nokia brand licensing recently showcased Qualcomm Snapdragon’s monster 835 which supporting OIS and EIS too. Though much of the features are not known, here are some expected features:
Key Specs for Nokia 8:
- Display: 5.5 inch Quad HD Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display with 2.5 D glass on the top
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 and Snapdragon 835 chipset variants
- Processors: Octa-core processor clocked at up to 2.2 GHz speed
- RAM: 6 GB RAM for SD 835 variant & 4 GB for SD 821 variant
- Storage: 64/128 GB for SD 835 variant & 32/64 GB for SD 821 variant
- Cameras: 24 MP rear camera with Carl Zeiss lens at f/2.2 aperture with PDAF and EIS, OIS & 12 MP front camera at f/2.2 aperture
- Finger print sensor: Front mounted sensor integrated in home button
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Dual Sim(4G/3G) with VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.3
- Price: 64,000 INR approximately
Read More about the upcoming Nokia 8.
The Turing smartphone is one of the most mysterious devices ever announced and is most radically different when compared to anything in this list.
The smartphone is alleged to come with insane 18 GB of Ram, powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 and will have 4K display.
A dream device with every spec blow out of proportion is what the company is dreaming about.
Microsoft Surface Phone
Microsoft is no where seen these days in the smart phone market. It is sad to know that it holds just 1% share in the mobile market. Windows phones are out dated after Microsoft took over.
6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage might come with this device. A 21 MP rear shooter and an 8 MP front snapper can be expected too.
Expected Specs for Microsoft Surface Phone :
- Quad HD 5.7 inch AMOLED display
- 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution
- Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 chipset
- 8 GB RAM (DDR4) / 512 GB internal storage
- 21 MP rear camera & 8 MP front camera with Carl Zeiss wide angled lens
- Surface pen and keyboard integrated in the flip cover
- In-built kick stand
- 4000 mAh battery
- Costs at a starting price of 47,999 in India
What to Expect from Future Smartphones 2020
If I have to visualize the future of smartphones and concepts and ideas for 2020 – here are the top 6 future ideas which will be popular in coming years.
Great Battery Back Up
Battery is probably the weakest part of smartphones technology so far. They hardly last a day with high pixel resolution displays and more powerful processors. There is a need for compact batteries which can last 3-4 days with a single charge and should be much more compact than the current Generation of batteries.
4K Bezel less Displays
Though Sony already has a smartphone with 4K display Sony Xperia Z5 – Worlds Highest 806 PPI 4K Display Smartphone Unveiled. Though it is going to be more common in smartphones by the year 2020. Xiaomi has the Mi Mix now which is a true bezel less device, more refinements will happen to that design in coming years. Additional and evolution of flexible displays is something which is also on cards. iPhone 8 and smartphones from lenovo are expected to come with some of these.
With Google Assist and Siri, Apple and Google are trying to bring in more artificial intelligence to the smartphones and mobile computing devices. They still are in development and still far away from being a worthy digital assistant, but in 2-3 years we may seem them become more smarter and a true assistant in helping with daily tasks.
Google’s project tango along with Lenovo is the first step towards the augmented reality. Tim Cook also has said multiple times that Apple is thinking big for the Augmented reality and it could be a bigger development even when compared to the VR.
While the virtual reality is getting some steam in the recent years there is much more to be done before the technology becomes main stream. Both the user experience and price for using it will come down by 2020. There will be more 3D content, videos , images and games which can make the technology popular. Google is working on daydream while there are several more VR developments from Samsung, Oculus, Sony and HTC.
Seamless Connectivity (4G, 5G)
4G and 5G networks – I think the worst part in modern smartphones is lack of seamless connectivity which kills the user experience. The 3G or 4G network just fail anytime, you can’t surf or watch your favorite content because of network issues. A more robust network roll out and availability can boost the user experience in future.
The vision for perfect future smartphones will have many more additions over time and we continue to add new things in this article as we proceed further.
Thanks for reading the Article – 7 Upcoming Smartphones 2017 – Future Phones.
You May Also Like to read :