Updated – 29 November 2018 – There are lots of options in the market for a budget of Rs. 15,000. In this article, we have handpicked some of the best selling and highly rated Android mobiles that you can buy.
Everyone has a different preference, so I have mentioned key highlights, pros, and cons of each phone to help you take the buying decision.
I would suggest you go through the specs and details of each phone and shortlist 2-3 phones that meet your criteria.
Here is the Summary of Best Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000 for November 2018:
|Sr. No||Smartphone||Price||Unique Features||Available On|
|1||Motorola Moto G6||Rs. 13,999 or Rs. 15,999||Photography, Stock Android, fast charging||Amazon|
|2||Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 PRO||Rs. 13,999||Great Camera, Performance and Battery||Flipkart|
|3||Oppo Realme 2 PRO||Rs. 13,999||Fast Performance, Great Design, and Camera||Flipkart|
|4||Nokia 6.1 Plus||Rs. 15,999||Best Display and Design, Performance||Amazon|
|5||Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1||Rs. 10,999 or Rs. 12,999 or Rs. 14,999||Performance, Battery Life||Flipkart|
|6||Oppo Realme 1||Rs. 13,999||Large Storage||Amazon|
|7||Motorola One Power||Rs. 15,999||Long Battery Life, Stock UI.||Amazon|
Table of Contents
- 1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 PRO (All Rounder)
- 2. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 6 GB RAM
- 3. Oppo RealME 2 PRO
- 4. Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- 5. Motorola Moto G5s Plus
- 6. Nokia 6.1 Plus
- 7. Motorola One Power
- 8. Samsung On8
- 11. Realme U1 (25 Megapixel Selfie Camera)
- 13. Huawei Honor 7X (Dual Camera)
- 14. Oppo RealME 1(128 GB Storage)
- 15. Redmi Y2 (Best Selfie Phone)
- 16. Moto G6 (Great UI and Experience)
- 17. Samsung Galaxy J6 / ON 6
1. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 PRO (All Rounder)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 PRO comes with great specs for the price and is an all-rounder that you can purchase for Rs. 14,999. The Note 5 Pro is available in 2 variants
- 64 GB Storage and 4 GB Ram – Price Rs. 14,999.
- 64 GB Storage and 6 GB Ram – Price Rs. 16,999.
It comes with Dual Rear Camera with 12 MP + 5 MP shooter which is ideal for clicking portrait shots and landscape images. Also, the key highlight is the 20 Megapixel front selfie camera which can click detailed shots.
Apart from the great camera, it offers FHD+ display and even has the fastest Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processor which is incredibly fast in comparison to other processors in the mid-range phones.
Specs Redmi Note 5 PRO
- Design – Premium Metallic build with iPhone X like design.
- Display Size and Type – 5.99 Inch FHD+ (18:9 aspect ratio) Display (2160*1080), 401 PPI.
- Performance – 1.8 GHz Octa-Core Processor, Snapdragon 636 with Adreno 509 GPU.
- Operating System – Android Nougat 7.1 with (MIUI 9.2).
- Camera – 12MP +5MP Dual Rear Camera with LED flash and Autofocus & 20 MP front Selfie Camera.
- Battery Life – 4000 mAH, Good Battery Capacity comes with fast charging support Q.C 2.0.
- Storage – 64 GB onboard storage, expandable to 256 GB via micro SD card.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim(GSM+ 4G LTE/VOLTE).
- Micro- USB Port, Fingerprint Scanner, 4G VOLTE
Pros – Stunning Design, SD 636, Good Selfie Camera, Dual Rear Camera, FHD+ Display. Cons – No USB Type C Port, No dedicated micro-sd card slot.
2. Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 6 GB RAM
Good Long Battery Life Phone – Asus Zenphone Max Pro M1 6 GB RAM is recently launched in India. The phone is available on Flipkart for Rs. 14,999 and is one of the cheapest phones to come with 6 GB Ram and powerful processor.
Powering the phone is an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processor clocked at 1.8 GHz and comes with the Adreno 509 GPU. Aforementioned, there is 6 GB ram that makes it ideal for playing games like PUBG and Asphalt 9.
The Key Highlight is its premium design and a massive 5000 mAH battery capacity that runs for 2 days.
Also, the mobile comes with the latest Android Oreo 8.1 OS. Additionally, it offers 64 GB of internal storage and has support for 4G VOLTE.
You can read the detailed review for the 6GB Ram Zenfone Max PRO M1 here.
Specs Zenfone Max PRO M1 6 GB
- Design – Offers Premium Metallic build and is sleek considering large battery.
- Display Size and Type – 5.99 Inch FHD+ Display, 2160 x 1080 Pixels with 18:9 aspect ratio.
- Performance – 1.8 GHz, SD 636, Octa Core, Adreno 509, 6 GB RAM.
- Operating System – Android Oreo 8.1 with (Zen UI 5.0).
- Rear Camera – Dual 16 MP + 5 MP Rear Camera with Portrait Mode, EIS and Autofocus
- Front Camera – 16 MP front Camera with f/2.0.
- Battery Life – 5000 mAH, Good Battery Capacity with fast charging.
- Storage – 64 GB onboard storage, expandable to 2 TB via dedicated micro SD card.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim (GSM+ 4G LTE/VOLTE).
- Price Rs. 14,999
- Available on Flipkart
Pros – Android Oreo, SD 636, 5000 mAH Battery. Cons – Avg Build Quality.
3. Oppo RealME 2 PRO
Best All Rounder Under 15k – Realme is a new Brand from Oppo and in just 4 months they have sold over a million phones making it quite popular with enthusiasts looking for specs loaded phone for a low price.
The RealMe 2 Pro (Read More) offers best in class specs and is a killer deal for Rs. 13,999. The RealME 2 Pro comes with a 6.3 Inches waterdrop display that comes with FHD+ resolution (2340 x 1080 pixels). Also, there is Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection to keep the display safe.
The phone has an iconic design and comes with over 90% screen to body ratio.
The key highlight is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz and Adreno 512 GPU that makes it super fast for all tasks and gaming. Also, the processor improves battery life as it is energy efficient.
Besides, the device has got 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage plus option to expand the storage using a dedicated micro-sd card upto 128 GB.
For photography, there are Dual 16 Megapixel rear camera and a 5 Megapixel secondary camera. At the front, there is a 16 Megapixel selfie camera to click detailed selfies.
The mobile runs on the Android Oreo 8.1 and comes with the COLOR OS 5.2. Also, RealME has confirmed that the device will get the Android Pie 9 update.
Specs Oppo RealME 2 PRO
- Design – Gorgeous Poly Carbonate design, Full View Display.
- Display Size and Type – 6.3 Inches Full HD+ Display with 2340*1080 pixels.
- Performance – Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 clock Speed 2.0 GHz, Adreno 512 GPU, 4 GB RAM
- Operating System – Android Oreo 8.1 with COLOR Os 5.2, upgradable to Android Pie.
- Camera – 16 MP Rear Camera + 5 MP depth Sensor & a 16 MP front Selfie Camera.
- Battery Life – 3500 mAH Capacity with 10 Watts Fast Charger.
- Fingerprint Scanner & Face unlock – Yes
- Storage – 64 GB onboard expandable using dedicated micro-sd card.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim support and 4G VOLTE.
- Price Rs. 13,999.
Pros – Full HD+ Water Drop Display, Fast Processor & Decent Cameras Cons – Color OS is not the best.
4. Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
Excellent Dual Camera phone – Xiaomi recently launched the Redmi Note 6 Pro in the Indian market priced at Rs. 13,999 ($235). The most notable feature of the Note 6 Pro is it’s Dual rear camera setup (12 MP + 5MP) that comes with a slighlty improved set of cameras than the RN5 Pro.
Importantly, the Redmi Note 6 Pro comes with an F1.9 aperture lens for better low light imaging in comparison to f/2.2 on the predecessor.
Also, at the front the phone has Dual Cameras (20 MP + 2MP ), that helps you click better selfies with background blur.
The second key highlight of the device is that it runs on MIUI 10 and the latest Android Oreo 8.1 OS.
The Note 6 Pro comes with an impressive 6.26 Inch Display and has FHD+ resolution. The phone has a powerful SD 636 Processor, ideal for gaming and offers a large 4000 mAH capacity battery with fast charging support.
It is a robustly built (metallic) all rounder in the sub 15K segment.
Specs Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Design – Metallic Design, Robust Build.
- Display Size and Type – 6.3 Inches Full HD+, with notch (2280*1080) with 401 PPI, 2.5 D Glass.
- Performance – 64 Bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 636, Adreno 512, 4/6 GB DDR4RAM
- Operating System – Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 10.
- Camera – Dual 12 MP Camera at the Back and 5 MP selfie camera. EIS, AI, Portraits.
- Battery Life – 4000 mAH capacity battery. Fast Charging Support.
- Storage – 64 GB internal Storage, support up to 256 GB micro-SD (Hybrid).
- Connectivity – Dual Sim With 4G Support, Micro-USB Port
- Face and Fingerprint Unlock – Yes
Pros – Great Dual camera setup, Fast Performance. Cons – Not really at the price.
5. Motorola Moto G5s Plus
The Moto G5s Plus is the successor to the popular Moto G5 Plus and comes with some enhancements. The mobile was launched in late August and has a price tag of Rs. 15,999.
It is the first Dual camera phone from Motorola in India and comes with Dual 13 MP rear cameras with f/2.0 aperture. You can click great portrait shots with this Dual camera phone.
Moto G5s Plus is a very well balanced Mobile for the price.
The front camera is also better in comparison to the Xiaomi Mi A1 and comes with an 8 MP lens and even a dedicated flash. The mobile runs on the Android Nougat 7.0 and will also get the Oreo update.
Powering the Moto G5s plus is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, Octa-Core Processor and Adreno 506 GPU. Also, it comes with 4 GB of Ram and has 64 GB of internal storage. The storage is expandable upto 128 GB.
Specs Moto G5s Plus
- Design – Metallic Build and Robust Build
- Screen – 5.5 inches FHD (1920×1080), 2.5D Curved Glass
- Performance – Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, 2.0 GHz. (8 Cores), 4 GB, Adreno 506 GPU.
- Operating system – Android Nougat 7.1 With Stock UI.
- Camera – Dual 13 MP Rear cameras & 8 MP selfie camera.
- Battery – 3000 mAh, Turbo Charging support.
- Storage – 64 GB onboard, expandable up to 128GB.
- Connectivity – 4G VOLTE support, Dual Sim.
Pros – Great Dual Rear camera, Good Experience. Cons – Not really at this price point.
6. Nokia 6.1 Plus
If you are looking for a sturdy mobile to use for the next 2 years, look no further as the Nokia 6.1 Plus comes with some impressive specs apart from stunning design and looks. Notably, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is available on Flipkart exclusively for a price tag of Rs. 15,999 for the 4 GB Ram and 64 GB storage version.
It features a 5.8-inch FHD IPS display with a notch and 2280 x 1080 pixels resolution that offers a great experience for watching videos and reading the text. There is Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection to make sure that the display doesn’t get any scratches.
Powering the mobile is the tried and tested Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processor that comes with the Adreno 509 GPU.
The phone does have a dedicated micro SD card slot allowing the user to expand the storage up to 256GB. The Nokia 6.1 Plus comes with Stock Android Experience with the latest Android Oreo 8.1 update and will also get the Android 9.0 Pie soon.
Also, the optics are above average, as it flaunts a Dual rear camera with 16 MP + 5 MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture and even comes with a decent 16 MP Selfie camera.
Another highlight feature is the presence of Fingerprint Scanner, as well as the Face, unlock feature that is becoming common in phones above 10K price.
Powering the device is 3060 mAh battery with 5V/2A charging output. The battery capacity is not as large as the rivals such as Moto One Power, Zenfone Max Pro M1 or even the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Lastly, it comes with the USB Type C port and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
Specs Nokia 6.1 Plus
- Design – Metallic sleek body.
- Screen – 5.8-inch IPS LCD Display with Notch and FHD+ Resolution.
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octa-Core Processor, Adreno 509 GPU. 4 GB Ram.
- Operating system – Android Oreo 8.1 With Stock Experience.
- Camera – 16 MP + 5 MP Dual Rear cameras and 16 MP Front selfie camera.
- Battery – 3060 mAH, above average battery life.
- Storage – 64 GB Storage, expandable up to 256GB Hybrid Sim Slot.
- Face and Fingerprint Scanner – Yes
- Connectivity – Dual SIM, 4G LTE 2G, 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth support.
Pros – Great display, Performance, and design. Cons – Battery life is not the best in Class.
7. Motorola One Power
The Motorola One Power rings all the right bells as far as sophisticated looks and high-end specs are concerned. It flaunts a metallic back and an incredible Dual rear camera at the back.
The One Power is launched in September 2018 and is available on Flipkart for Rs. 15,999. Powering the phone is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor with 1.8 GHz maximum clock speed and comes with the Aderno 509 GPU.
The phone runs on Stock Android experience and comes with Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box. It will also get the Android Pie update in future.
There is a large 6.2 Inch IPS LCD Display with a notch. It offers FHD+ 1080 x 2246 pixels resolution and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
The Key Highlight of the device is its 5000 mAH capacity battery and it even comes with 15 watts fast charger with Turbo Charging support.
Also, it features 16 MP + 5 MP Dual rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture and there is a 12 MP f/2.0 front selfie camera.
Lastly, it comes with Dual Sim, USB Type C port and Dolby Audio support. Moto One Power is an ideal smartphone for daily usage, office goers and even for students looking forward to long gaming sessions.
8. Samsung On8
Samsung’s long list of budget mobiles also includes a new “On” series. However, the Samsung On8 is not as premium as the Samsung J7 Prime but offers decent specs. It is priced aggressively and available for Rs 13,490.
For starters, the On8 sports a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED display, with a home button at the chin; that sadly doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
Powering the phone is the in-house Exynos 7580 CPU and Mali-T720MP2 GPU. Additionally, it offers 32 GB of storage and 3 GB of RAM. Likewise the J7 Prime, the On8 has a dedicated micro SD card slot.
For imaging, it offers a 13 MP f/1.9 rear camera setup, and a 5MP f/1.9 aperture selfie camera with an LED flash. Fueling the phone is a 3300mAh capacity battery with the standard charging.
Specs Samsung On8
- Design – Samsung Signature design.
- Screen – 5.5-inches Super AMOLED Full HD display
- Processor Exynos 7850, Octa-Core, 1.6 GHz, RAM 3 GB, GPU- Mali-T830 MP1.
- Operation system – Android M with TouchWiz. Camera – 13 MP Rear Camera and 5 MP front with f/1.9 aperture.
- Battery – 3300 mAh, above average battery life.
- Storage – 32 GB onboard, expandable up to 256 GB
- Connectivity – Support for 4G VOLTE.
Pros – Decent performance, Good display, Good camera. Cons – Build quality, No fingerprint sensor
9. Asus Zenfone Max PRO M1
The Asus Zenfone Max PRO M1 is the latest addition and the smartphone will be available on Flipkart from 3rd May 2018. Notably, it comes with some insane specs and at a very affordable price.
The Asus Znefone Max Pro is available in 3 variants:
- 3 GB Ram / 32 GB Storage – Rs. 10,999
- 4 GB Ram / 64 GB Storage – Rs. 12,999
- 6 GB Ram / 64 GB Storage – Rs. 14,999
The phone has got many highlight features such as a speedy Snapdragon 636 processor, 5000 mAH capacity battery, Dual Rear camera, large 5.99 Inch Full HD+ display and stock Android experience with Oreo 8.1 OS.
Specs Zenfone Max PRO M1
- Design – Metallic Build, Great Looks, 181 grams, 8.5 mm.
- Display Size and Type – 5.99-inch display with an FHD+ resolution of 2160*1080, 401 PPI.
- Performance – 64 Bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processor/ Adreno 509 GPU, 3 GB / 4 GB RAM.
- Operating System – Android Oreo 8.1 OS with Stock Android.
- Camera – 12 MP and 5 MP Dual Rear Cameras, 8 Megapixel Selfie Shooter.
- Battery Life – 5000 mAH Capacity Battery With Fast Charging.
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes
- Face Unlocking – Yes
- Storage – 32 / 64 GB onboard Storage, expandable up to 2 TB.
- Dedicated Micro-sd card slot – yes
- Superior Audio
- Connectivity – Dual Sim, 4G VOLTE, 3G, 2G support.
Pros – Excellent Value for Money Deal in the Sub 15k price range.
10. Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Good Full HD Large display Mobile – Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is in its own league and comes with a massive 6.44-inch display and a monstrous 5300 mAH battery capacity.
If you like the large screen size mobiles with a good display, the Mi Max 2 is best suited for you.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes with several upgrades in comparison to the older Xiaomi Mi Max. For starters, it has got a better display with 2.5D Curve glass and Corning gorilla glass 3 protection.
Powering the phone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor with max clock speed of 2.0 GHz and Adreno 506 GPU. Consequently, the phone offers ultimate gaming and multimedia experience.
Also, the large display Phablet boasts of a decent Sony IMX 386 sensor camera with 12 Megapixels resolution.
It even has a Fingerprint scanner and runs on the latest Android Nougat 7.0 along with MIUI 8.0. Notably, Xiaomi has even launched a 32 GB storage version of the Mi Max 2 Priced at Rs. 12,999.
Specs Mi Max 2
- Design – Metallic Build, Weighs 212 grams, 7.6 mm.
- Display Size and Type – 6.44 inches Full HD 1080P resolution, 2.5D Curved Glass, 342 PPI.
- Performance – 4 GB RAM, SD 625, Adreno 506.
- Operating System – Android Nougat 7.0, MIUI 8.0. (upgradable to MIUI 9.0).
- Camera – 12 MP rear camera, f/2.2 SONY IMX 386 sensor, 5 Megapixel front selfie camera.
- Battery Life – 5300 mAH Battery Capacity with fast Charging. (Enormous back up).
- Storage – 64 GB internal Storage expandable to 128 GB.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim With 4G Volte and USB Type C Port.
Pros – Good Battery Life, Large Full HD Display, Great Performance. Cons – Bulky and Large to Carry in Pocket.
11. Realme U1 (25 Megapixel Selfie Camera)
If you are inclined to buy a selfie smartphone in the 15K price range, the recently launched Realme U1 is a thought-provoking option. The U1 is available for Rs. 11,999 for the 3 GB Ram and 32 GB Storage version and can buy the 64 GB /4 GB version for Rs. 14,499.
The phone comes with an impressive SONY IMX 576 sensor for the front camera and it has 25 MP resolution.
The camera has a f/2.0 aperture and a very large 1.8 micron lens.
The Realme U1 features a 6.26 inch FHD+(2240*1080) pixels, waterdrop notch IPS LCD display with 2.5D curved glass on top. The phone also comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Powering it is the powerful Helio P70 processor from Mediatek and the Arm Mali G72 MP2 GPU.
The phone comes with Dual rear cameras with 13+2 Megapixel support and can is good for day light imaging. The device runs on the Color OS Version 5.2 and comes with Android Oreo 8.1.
Also, the phone comes with 3500 mAH capacity battery with 10 Watts charger.
Specs – Realme U1
- Design – Attractive Glossy Polycarbonate Design.
- Screen – 6.26 inch FHD+ (2240*1080 pixels) IPS LCD display.
- Processor – Mediatek Helio P70, Mali G72 MP2 GPU, RAM 3GB/ 4 GB.
- Operating system – Android Oreo 8.1 with Color OS 5.2 on top.
- Rear Camera – 13 MP +2 MP Dual Rear Cameras.
- Battery – 3500 mAH Battery Capacity,10 Watts Fast Charger.
- Storage – 32/64GB, expandable up to 256 GB. (Dedicated Slot).
- Connectivity – Dual SIM, 4G VOLTE 2G, 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth support.
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes at the back.
- Face unlock – Yes
- Price – Rs. 11,999, 14,499(4 GB/ 64 GB),
- Available on Amazon India
Pros – Attractive design, Great camera, a Fingerprint sensor. Cons – Color OS, Avg Rear Cameras.
12. ZTE Nubia N1 (5000 mAH Battery)
Great Battery life Mobile with 5000 mAH Battery – Nubia N1 is an extraordinary mobile with 5000 mAH battery capacity and a 13 Megapixel front selfie camera. Moreover, the affordable price of Rs. 11,999 makes it a great deal. Notably, the N1 is available to purchase from Amazon India.
For starters, the Nubia N1 uses the Octa-Core Helio P10 processor (with a max clock speed of 1.8 GHz) and the Mali T820 MP 2, 3 GB RAM. Besides, the device has a 5.5-inch display and comes with Full HD resolution with 401 PPI.
Notably, it is one of the best battery smartphones under 15K and also boasts of a good selfie camera.
Specs Nubia N1
- Design – It comes with a Metallic design with red circle home button.
- Display Size and Type – 5.5 inch, Full HD 1080P resolution, 401 PPI.
- Performance – 1.8 GHz, Helio P15 Octa-Core 1.8 GHz Processor, 3/4 GB RAM, Mali T820-MP2 GPU.
- Operating System – Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Nubia UI 4.0).
- Camera – 13 MP Rear Camera & 13 MP front Selfie Camera.
- Battery Life – 5000 mAH Battery Capacity, Exceptional long battery life.
- Storage – 64 GB Onboard Storage, Micro-sd Card Support upto 128 GB.
- Connectivity – 4G, 3G, 2G Support (Dual Sim).
Pros – Great Battery Life, 13 MP selfie camera, 64 GB Storage. Cons – Bit Bulky.
13. Huawei Honor 7X (Dual Camera)
Huawei has launched the Huawei Honor 7X in December 2017. The Honor 7X is the successor to the Huawei Honor 6X which I have mentioned above.
It is available in two variants:
- Honor 7X – 3 GB Ram and 32 GB storage. (Price Rs. 13,999)
- Honor 7X – 4 GB Ram and 64 GB storage. (Price Rs. 15,999)
The phone comes with an incredible design with a great surface finish. The major upgrade in comparison to the Honor 6X is the fantastic Full Vision Bezel-less display, ideal for reading the text and watching videos.
Also, the phone has a faster Kirin 659 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz, and the latest Android OS (Nougat 7.1) along with the EMUI 5.1. The overall user experience is fluid.
Additionally, it offers all the necessary connectivity options like 4G, WIFI, and micro-USB. Noticeably, the performance is good and it scores close to 61,000 on the Antutu benchmark, slightly slower compared to the Snapdragon 625 (Xiaomi Mi A1).
Specs Honor 7X
- Design – Stunning Metallic Design with a smooth finish.
- Display Size and Type – 5.93 inch, Full HD+ resolution, 401 PPI. (2160*1080), 18:9 ratio.
- Performance – 2.3 GHz, Kirin 659 Octa-Core Processor, RAM – 4 GB RAM, GPU Mali T830.
- Operating System – Android Nougat 7.1 along with the EMUI 5.1.
- Camera – 16MP + 2 MP Dual Rear Camera & 8 MP Selfie Camera.
- Battery Life – 3340 mAH Battery Capacity, Fast Charging Support.
- Storage – 64 GB Onboard Storage, Micro-sd Card Supported ( upto 256 GB).
- Connectivity – 4G, 3G, 2G Support (Dual Sim).
Pros – Excellent Dual Camera and Bezel-less display. Cons – NO USB Type C and NFC.
14. Oppo RealME 1(128 GB Storage)
Oppo launched the RealME 1 in May 2018 and is available to purchase from Amazon India for Rs. 13,999. The key highlight of the RealME 1 is its snappy performance, thanks to 6 GB Ram and Mediatek Helio P60 Octa-Core processor.
Furthermore, the phone comes with a massive 128 GB storage that is user expandable up to 256 GB. It is the cheapest phone in the Sub 15k price range that offers 6 GB ram with 128 GB storage.
Also, the RealMe 1 comes with an iconic diamond back design that looks really attractive. For photography, it comes with a 13 Megapixel rear camera with Dual LED Flash and has an 8 Megapixel front selfie camera.
There is a 3000 mAH capacity battery that supports fast charging and is sufficient to last all day.
Furthermore, it runs on the latest Android Oreo 8.0 OS along with the Color OS from Oppo. Read Full Review.
Specs RealME 1
- Design – Polyplastic Diamond Cut back Cover Design.
- Display Size and Type – 6.0 Inches Full HD+ (2160*1080) with 401 PPI, 2.5 D Glass.
- Performance – Mediatek Helio P60, Octa-Core Processor, ARM Mali G72 MP3, 6 GB RAM.
- Operating System – Android Oreo 8.0 with Color OS.
- Camera – Single 13 MP Camera at the Back, 8 Megapixel front selfie camera.
- Battery Life – 3000 mAH capacity battery.
- Storage – 128 GB internal Storage, support up to 256 GB micro SD.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim, 4G VOLTE, Micro-USB.
- Fingerprint Scanner – NO
- Face Unlocking – Yes
- Price Rs. 13,999
15. Redmi Y2 (Best Selfie Phone)
Xiaomi launched Redmi Y2 in India in June 2018. This dual-camera mobile is available at a price of Rs. 9,999 for 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage, and Rs. 12,999 for 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant.
The phone features a large 5.99” HD+ (720 x 1440 pixels) IPS LCD display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. Also, the display has a pixel density of 269 PPI.
Powering the Redmi Y2 is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa-core processor clocked at 2.0 GHz coupled with Adreno 506 GPU. Whereas, the mobile gets its juice a from a non-removable 3080 mAh battery.
For imaging, the phone comes with a dual 12 MP (f/2.2) + 5 MP rear camera setup and has gyro-EIS, PDAF and LED flash. For clicking selfies, the device has a 16 MP front facing camera with HDR and LED flash.
The mobile boots Android 8.1 Oreo along with MIUI 9.5 skin running on top of it.
Both 32 GB and 64 GB storage variants have expandable storage up to 256 GB.
Specs Redmi Y2
- Design – Plastic back
- Display Size and Type – 5.99 Inches HD+ (720*1440) with 269 PPI.
- Performance – 64 Bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 625, Adreno 506 GPU.
- RAM – 3 GB or 4 GB
- Operating System – Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9.5
- Camera – Dual 12 MP (f/2.2) + 5 MP Camera at the Back and 16 MP selfie camera.
- Battery Life – 3080 mAH capacity battery.
- Storage – 32 GB or 64 GB Internal Storage, expandable up to 256 GB using microSD card.
- Connectivity – Dual Sim With 4G Support, micro USB port.
Pros – Great Dual rear camera and selfie camera, Snapdragon 625. Cons – Plastic body, the display could have been better.
16. Moto G6 (Great UI and Experience)
Motorola launched Moto G6 in India in April 2018. The Moto G6 is the successor to a highly popular Moto G5.
It comes in 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage, and 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variants and is priced at Rs. 13,999 and 16,999 respectively. The mobile is available for purchase from Amazon.
The Moto G6 comes with a 5.7-inch IPS LCD display having an FHD+ resolution (1080 x 2160 pixels) along with an 18:9 aspect ratio and 424 PPI pixel density. Additionally, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 is there for protection.
The mobile gets power from a Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Octa-core chipset coupled with Adreno 506 GPU. Also, its 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage is expandable up to 256 GB using microSD card.
For photography, the phone features a dual 12 MP (f/1.8) + 5 MP (f/2.2) rear camera setup that comes with PDAF and dual LED dual-tone flash. For selfies, it comes with a 16 MP (f/2.2) front camera with LED flash.
The phone runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and comes with a front mounted fingerprint sensor and a Type-C USB port. Powering the phone is a 3000 mAh non-removable battery with 15W fast charging support.
Specs Moto G6
- Design – Aluminium and glass back
- Screen – 5.7-inch IPS LCD display.
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Octa-Core
- Operating system – Android 8.0 Oreo
- Camera – 12 MP (f/1.8) + 5 MP rear and 16 MP front with f/2.2 aperture.
- Battery – 3000 mAH, fast charging supported.
- Storage – 3 GB/4 GB RAM, 32 GB/64 GB storage, expandable up to 256GB.
- Connectivity – Dual SIM, 4G LTE 2G, 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth, USB Type-C
Pros – Dual camera setup, fast charging, almost stock Android Cons – Processor could have been better.
17. Samsung Galaxy J6 / ON 6
Best Samsung Mobile Under Rs 15000 – Samsung Galaxy J6 / On6 was launched in India in May 2018.
It comes in 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage and 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variants and is priced at Rs. 13,990 and Rs. 16,490 respectively.
The mobile comes with a plastic body and features a 5.6-inch Super AMOLED HD+ (720 x 1480 pixels) display along with 18:9 aspect ratio with 294 PPI pixel density.
Powering the Galaxy J6 is an Exynos 7870 Octa-core processor coupled with Mali-T830 MP1 GPU.
For photography, the phone has a 13 megapixel (f/1.9) rear camera that comes with panorama, HDR, and an LED flash. For selfies, it has an 8 MP (f/1.9) front sensor with LED flash.
The device runs on Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box and gets power from a 3300 mAh non-removable battery. Additionally, it has a fingerprint scanner located at the back.
Also, it comes with features like a headphone jack, Wi-Fi, FM radio, and a micro USB port.
Specs Galaxy J6
- Design – Plastic body.
- Screen – 5.6-inch Super AMOLED HD+ (720*1480) display.
- Processor – Samsung Octa-Core Exynos 7870
- GPU – Mali-T830 MP1
- RAM – 3 GB or 4 GB
- Operating system – Android 8.0 Oreo
- Camera – 13 MP (f/1.9) rear and 8 MP front with f/1.9 aperture.
- Battery – 3300 mAh.
- Storage – 32 GB/ 64GB, expandable up to 256 GB.
- Connectivity – Dual SIM, 4G LTE 2G, 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth, micro USB port.
Pros – Good battery life, Android Oreo. Cons – No dual camera setup, plastic body.
Humble advice, go through detailed specs, and more reviews before ordering online. Hope the article helped you make up your mind and choose the best smartphone for you. Also, read the pros and cons carefully. Some mobiles are bulky others have poor battery life, choose what you believe is right for you.
As a general guide I take many things into consideration while choosing the best smartphones:
- Value for Money, 2. Specs, Features, OS, Camera Quality, battery life & User Experience, 3. After Sales Service and Reliability.
Specs and Camera Resolution is not everything sometimes a 13 MP camera can take better images than 23 MP.
The megapixel is not everything, Apple iPhone 6 has an 8 MP camera and still, it takes great pictures. The aperture size, processor, software optimization, lens used can make a lot of difference.
I would suggest you check out 3 more articles: