Are you looking for buying the best USB Type C dock for Macbook Pro or MacBook Air? We have got you covered.
But there is a small problem with the Air and 13-inch MB Pro – they only have two USB type C ports. There is no HDMI or even a USB Type-A port or SD card port.
Because of this users are facing issues connecting peripheral devices and the only solution is to embrace the dongle life (Dock Station).
Potographers and Film makers who want to transfer footage and images from cameras to Macbook need sd-card slots which is not present on these new Apple Notebooks.
I have been using the Macbook Air (M1) for nearly 6 months and the biggest gripe with this Notebook is the absence of ports!!!
The issue of having fewer ports is not limited to Macbooks, but several thin Windows laptops are also skimming on ports.
Nevertheless, let’s talk about the solution – The Dock Station.
What is a Dock Station?
A Dock station is a device that allows your Macbook/Windows laptop to connect with other devices with little or no effort.
A perfect dock comes with some important ports like Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.0 Type-A ports, a single DisplayPort with 4K/60Hz support, HDMI, a Gigabit Ethernet jack, both SD/micro-sd card and TF card reader slots, and a 3.5 mm headset jack.
I have used multiple docks with Macbook Pro and Macbook Air in the last few years and based on my experience I am sharing the best docks that you can buy.
Points to be checked before buying a Dock
Build quality – Some of the lower-priced docks come with the questionable build quality and can fail in long-term usage.
In my opinion, you should buy a dock from a reputed brand based on the ports that you are going to use.
The version of USB Ports on Hub – In the market, you will get 2 Types of USB Hubs – one with the latest USB 3.0 and others with the older USB 2.0.
The data transfer speed of USB 3.0 is 640Mb/s, and in the case of USB 2.0 based Hub, the speed is only 60Mb/s.
Port Consideration – You may not need all the ports and clearly don’t want to buy a big and bulky Dock for carrying around.
Choose the Dock which has ports that you need in your daily workflow. I don’t need an ethernet port or SD card reader so I have chosen a simple and cheap dock.
For ease, we have already shortlisted the 6 best docks for MacBooks that are available online for purchasing.
Let’s get started with a basic dock from QZ.
1. QZ USB 3.1 Type C Hub – Price Rs. 1599
This is an entry-level hub for expanding your connectivity options and it is also compatible work with a Macbook or Google’s new Chromebook Pixel and other USB-C supported devices.
Additionally, it has a super sleek design and comes along with a 1-inch built-in cable for the connectivity of the hub with a laptop.
It comes with 4 ports including a 2 USB Type-A Port(they offer a data transfer rate of up to 5 Gbps) and a 2 USB Type-C port(One of the two Type-C ports is designed for transmitting data at 5Gbps and charging for the connected Type-C device (5V/1.5A).
Another Type-C port supports both data (5Gbps) and PD 3.0 charging the host max 100W (20V/5A).
The QZ USB 3.1 Type C Hub is available on Amazon for purchasing along with a price tag of Rs 1,599.
- Compact, Easy to Carry.
- Dimension – 75 x 42 x 14mm
- Comes with 4 ports.
- 2 USB Type-A Port – Both offer a 5 Gbps data transfer speed.
- 2 USB Type-C port – In which one port is for data transfer and another is for both data transfer and PD 3.0 charging.
- System compatibility – Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Mac OSx9.1 or above.
- 1-year warranty.
2. Pibox India – USB C Hub Dock (8-in-1) – Price Rs. 2499
Pibox India Hub comes with 8 ports to expand the connectivity options. The ports are 4K HDMI output port, SD and TF card readers, 2 USB A ports，1 USB Type C port, and 1 PD charging port.
Also, Pibox has an Aluminium body that is good for heat dissipation. The aluminum design allows the heat generated using multiple connections and charging to dissipate faster, making the hub safe and trouble-free.
It comes with an HDMI port to mirror or expand the screen and transfer 4K UHD, Full HD 1080p, or mobile phone screen directly to HDTV, monitor, or projector.
Additionally, it has 2 USB ports and 1 Type-C port that offers you 5Gbps Ultra-high Speed Data Transmission support and also for connecting various peripheral devices such as a Hard drive, keyboard, mouse, printer, and more.
One of the benefits of the Hub is that it blocks only one USB C port on your Macbook and leaves the other port open for use.
Furthermore, it has an SD card reader and TF card reader slot through which users can transfer photos or videos from the card to their Macbook.
The Pibox India dock is available online with a price tag of Rs 2,499.
- Built with an Aluminum body.
- Dimension – 191 x 84 x 51mm.
- easy plug-and-play setup.
- Also good in the heat dissipation.
- Comes with 8 ports.
- 1 HDMI Port.
- 2 USB Type-C port, 1 Type-C port.
- 1-Ethernet Port
- 1 P.D charging port, TF card reader, and SD card reader.
- System compatibility – Universal.
- 1-year warranty.
3. TEQTA USB C Thunderbolt 3.0 Hub – Price Rs. 3399
TEQTA is a compact and stylish dock station that can easily connect with your MacBook Pro/Air.
Talking about its ports, it comes with a 7-ports that includes 1 x HDMI port, 1 x Thunderbolt 3 port, 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB-C port, microSD, and SD memory card slots.
You can quickly transfer your data from mobile to laptop or vice versa using a microSD and SD memory card slot and an HDMI port allows you to mirror 4k video at the external monitor.
The TEQTA USB-C dock hub is available online for purchase at a price of Rs 3,499.
- Compact design.
- Dimension – 110 x 30 x 10mm
- Setup is too easy and simple.
- Comes with 7 ports.
- 1 HDMI port, 1 Thunderbolt 3 port, 2 USB 3.0 ports
- 1 USB-C port, microSD, and SD memory card slots.
- Device compatibility – Apple MacBook 2016-2021, supports both Intel and M1 Processor
- Made in India.
- 1-year warranty.
4. Cable Creation USB-C 7-in-1 Multiport Adapter – Price Rs. 3099
Cable Creation is a global supplier of power, data, control, and instrument cables, and this USB 7 in 1 multiport adapter is a high-quality product by the company.
Talking about its connectivity ports, it has 7 ports that include an HDMI port, 2 USB 3.0 ports, an SD/micro SD card slot, an RJ45 Ethernet port, and a USB-C 100W PD port.
The HDMI port offers a max 4K resolution at a 60Hz refresh rate and allows you to extend your video to an HD TV or monitor and enjoy streaming on a larger screen.
Very few Hubs can offer 60 Hz, 4K support for external monitors.
There are 2 USB 3.0 ports that allow transferring the data at a rate of 5Gbps and one port from them also supports 5V/1.5A downstream charging.
Furthermore, it comes with an RJ45 ethernet port that ensures a more stable and faster wired network connection.
Lastly, it has a Type-C port that can reach up to 100W power delivery to charge 13″, 15″, and 16″ MacBook Pro at full speed while having all data ports in use.
It is available online with a price tag of Rs 3,099.
- Compact and slim design.
- Dimension – 136 x 35 x 14 mm.
- Easy to use with just plug and play setup.
- Comes with 7 connectivity ports.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, RJ45 ethernet port, and 1 HDMI port.
- SD/microSD card slot and Type-C 100W PD port.
- System compatibility – MacBook Pro/ Air 2020/2019,iPad Pro, and XPS
- 2-year product warranty.
5. NOVOO USB C Station – 9-in-1 Hub – Price Rs. 4,499
NOVOO offers 9-ports connectivity options and comes with an aluminum body that gives it a premium and stylish look.
The connectivity ports include – 1 x HDMI port, 1 x VGA port, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port,3 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x USB Type-C port, 1 x SD card reader, and 1 x Micro SD/TF card reader.
Users can use its HDMI port to mirror the video to monitor, projector, etc. However, it supports 4k video @ 30Hz resolution.
Also, it has an ethernet port that allows you to enjoy high-speed internet(up to 1Gbps).
Moreover, the dock also got protection from overheating, short circuits, and overcurrent.
For purchasing, The NOVOO USB C dock hub is available online along with a price tag of Rs 4,499.
- Premium aluminum body.
- Dimension – 20 x 76 x 167mm.
- Simple and easy plug-and-play setup.
- Comes with 9 ports.
- 3 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB Type-C port, 1 VGA port, and 1 HDMI port.
- TF card reader, SD card reader, and 1-gigabit ethernet port.
- System compatibility – MacBook, and iPad.
- Safety – overheating, short circuit, and overcurrent.
6. CableCreation USB C Hub 5 Ports – Price Rs. 3599
CableCreation offers a 5-ports connectivity hub that comes in an aluminum body that gives it a premium look.
You can use this Hub With MacBook Air/Pro or even with an iPad or with a Samsung/Lenovo Tablet. There are excellent connectivity options and it works well with Windows/Android and OSX.
Talking about the connectivity ports, it has a 1 HDMI port, 2 USB 3.0 ports, a 3.5mm audio device, and a Type-C 100W PD port.
The HDMI port offers a max 4K resolution at 60Hz especially designed for the iPad Pro but also compatible with a Macbook/Macbook Pro and Macbook Air.
Most Docks offer support for 4K at 30 Hz for an external monitor but this one offers up to 60 Hz.
Also, you can buy a USB Type-C to HDMI cable With support for 4K/60 Hz if you are buying another Dock and still want to use a 4K monitor with your laptop.
Additionally, there are 2 USB 3.0 ports are also there for transferring the data at a rate of 5Gbps and one port from them also supports 5V/1.5A downstream charging.
Furthermore, it comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack for using a headphone and a microphone.
Lastly, it has a Type-C port that can reach up to 100W PD charging (max 92W can be passed to the host).
It is available online with a price tag of Rs. 3599.
- The aluminum body provides a premium look.
- Compact in design.
- Dimension – 108 x 67.9 x 16 mm
- Easy to use with just plug and play.
- Comes with 5 ports.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, and 1 HDMI port.
- a 3.5mm port and Type-C 100W PD port.
- System compatibility – MacBook Pro/ Air, iMac, iPad Pro 2018, 2020 (11”& 12.9”) and later.
- 2-year warranty.
7. Belkin USB-C Multimedia Hub – Price Rs. 6999
Belkin always offers very high quality and reliable products and the Belkin USB-C Multimedia Hub is also part of it that easily connects all the peripherals and devices.
This Hub offers 6 connectivity ports which include a 1 USB-A 3.0 port, 1 USB-A 2.0 port, 1 USB-C port, 1 HDMI port, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, and an SD card reader.
For enjoying the viewing experience, it offers an HDMI port that supports a max 4k resolution at a 30Hz rate.
Additionally, the hub comes with a USB-A 3.0 port, USB-A 2.0 port, and USB-C port that allows you to connect your laptop easily and safely to all kinds of peripherals and devices, including projectors, monitors, and more.
Furthermore, you can also use its SD card reader to transfer data and its gigabit ethernet port for enjoying high-speed internet.
This product is also available on Amazon for purchasing along with a price tag of Rs 6,999.
- High-quality durable body.
- Compact size and supremely portable.
- Dimension – 276 x 49 x 15 mm
- Easy to use with just plug and play.
- Comes with 6 ports.
- USB-A 3.0 port, USB-A 2.0 port, and 1 HDMI port.
- USB-C port, SD card reader, and an ethernet port.
- System compatibility – macOS and Windows USB-C devices.
- 2-year warranty.