Looking to upgrade your router or planning to buy a new one. You need to know about WIFI 6 technology and the best Wifi-6 routers that are currently available in India/Globally.
What is Wifi 6?
In simple words, the WIFI 6 or 802.11ax is the latest standard for WIFI connectivity that replaces the WIFI 5 or 802.11ac.
The WiFi 6 technology offers improved speed, better efficiency, decreased congestion, and better battery life for connecting devices.
In the coming years, the Wi-Fi 6 routers will replace the last-gen 802.11ac routers.
WIFI 6 is also known as Wi-Fi 802.11ax and came into existence in response to the surging number of connected devices.
Now we have a large number of IoT devices in our homes; Wi-Fi 6 router delivers the throughput efficiently. The Wi-Fi 6 routers are faster and better at transferring data in comparison to the earlier versions.
Key Benefits of Wi-Fi 6 Router
- Offers the highest level of performance (OFDMA).
- Powerful Real-World Speeds and Range, Lower Latency.
- Ideal for Smart Homes - More Connected Devices
- Appropriate for 4k/8k streaming and gaming.
- Excellent performance at longer distances.
You can read more about Pros and Cons and we even did a WIFI 6 Vs WIFI 5 Test - you can check the results at the end of this article.
Let's check out the Best WIFI 6 Routers:
1. TP-Link AX 1500 - Price Rs. 4999
The first one on our list is the TP-Link AX 1500. It is one of the cheapest WIFI 6 routers available in the market and is one of the top-selling products from the brand.
It has gained popularity for its efficient wireless performance, excellent processing, convenient installation, and stable network connectivity.
TP-Link AX 1500 has got an eye-catching, slender, and sleek design. The dual-band router is equipped with Wi-Fi 6 technology and gives a maximum throughput of 1550 Mbps.
One of the most captivating things about Archer AX 10 is MU-MIMO technology support along with OFDMA.
Meanwhile, TP-Link AX 10 (AX 1500) offers the highest speed of 1200 Mbps.
It is worth noting that OFDMA technology on routers equipped with Wi-Fi 6 support offers a strong-speed network even when several devices are connected.
Further, the TP-Link AX 10 (AX 1500) comes with a triple-core processor with 1.5 Ghz clock speed and is not a slouch. Also, you can easily use this router with 1 Gbps broadband data plans.
Key Specs for TP-Link AX 1500:
- Size: 10.2 x 5 x 1.3 inches
- Antennas: 4 Antennas (fixed).
- Wi-Fi Spec: 5 GHz 802.11ax dual-band
- Ports: N/A
- MU-MIMO Beam Forming Tech.
- Range: 1100 sqft.
- Speeds - 5 GHz: 1201 Mbps (802.11ax), 2.4 GHz: 300 Mbps (802.11n)
- VPN support, App Support
- Up to 4 Streams.
- Price: $50.99 or Rs. 4,999
2. D-Link DIR-X1560 Wi-Fi 6 Router
The D-Link DIR-X1560 is another affordable WIFI 6 router that you can purchase for just Rs. 5499.
The D-link DIR-X1560 WiFi 6 router works on an orthogonal Division Multiple Access (ODMA) technology and it allows small data packets destined for multiple devices to be transmitted together in place of queue up for transmission.
It has 4 high-gain antennas and a built-in power amplifier that extends the WiFi router range and ensures a stronger, faster, and more reliable network. The D-link DIR-X1560 WiFi 6 router uses MU-MIMO technology to distribute data into multiple devices simultaneously.
Talking about speed, It is dual-band WiFiand offers a speed of up to 1200Mbps on the 5Ghz band and 300Mbps speed on the 2.4Ghz band. It is also an excellent gaming router for a buffer-free gaming experience.
It has the latest WPA3 encryption support for better security and protection from threats.
The setup process of this router is easy and straightforward, and it also works with smart devices like google assistant and Alexa.
Lastly, the router is available on Amazon for purchase for Rs 5,499.
Key Specifications D-link DIR-X1560
- Works on an ODMA technology.
- Comes with 4 high-gain antennas for max. area coverage.
- Offers you up to 1.5Gbps speed.
- Freuency band – 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz.
- Supports WIFI 5 and WIFI 6.
- Also, users can connect multiple devices at the same time with MU-MIMO technology.
- Latest WPA3 encryption for safety from threats.
- The setup process is easy and straightforward.
- Also compatible with a smart speaker like Alexa and google assistant.
- Price - $75 or Rs 5,499
3. NETGEAR 4-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Netgear4-stream WiFi 6router ensures that your wireless network runs without any hassle and it can also future-proof your home effectively. The router is available for a price tag of Rs. 7,999.
You will not face any hassle when it comes to installation. You can connect to your existing cable modem and set up in minutes with the nighthawk app.
The top highlight of the RAX10is that it offers a speed of up to 1.8 Gbps and is also compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 1Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL, and more.
It comes with various connectivity options such as (4x) Gigabit Ethernet LAN port, (1x) WAN port, reset, and power button.
Moreover, it comes with three external antennas that offer coverage up to 1500 sq. ft. and also support Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control.
Furthermore, the router has WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols for the protection from cyber threats and It is available for $107 or Rs. 7,899.
KEY SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE NETGEAR RAX10 WiFi 6 Router
- Works on OFDMA technology.
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core processor.
- Wi-Fi speed: offers up to 1.8Gbps speed.
- Comes with three external antennas.
- Coverage area : 1500 sq.ft.
- Easy setup with Nighthawk app.
- Also, support Alexa and google assistant voice control.
- WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocol.
- Weight: 1.1Kg
- Price: $107 or Rs 7,999.
4. TP-Link AX 3000:
The router is quite affordable and offers reliable Wi-Fi along with good coverage. You will come across plenty of network settings and customization.
It comes with a responsive web user interface and a useful mobile app. The design for the AX 3000 is the same as the AX 1500 but comes with different internals.
It can be termed as lightweight and wall-mountable. The TP-Link AX 3000 comes with four external or non-removable antennas sticking up from its back.
It has four customary Gigabit LAN ports and one Gigabit WAN port. You will not find any multi-gig port, no Link Aggregation, and no dual-WAN.
Key Specs for the TP-Link AX 3000:
- Wi-Fi technology: Dual-band Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) AX3000
- Connectivity - 5 GHz: 2402 Mbps (802.11ax), 2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps (802.11ax)
- Low Latency - Ideal for Gaming.
- Dual-Core Processor.
- USB Port: One USB 2.0 port
- MU-MIMO - Beamforming Technology
- Ethernet Speeds Upto 3 Gbps
- Range: 1800 ft²
- Mobile App: TP-Link Tether
- Price: $110 or Rs. 7,999
5. Asus RT-AX55 AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 router
Asus is one of the top motherboard and gaming brands and the Asus WiFi 6 router is one of the most reliable products from the company.
The AX1800 is a next-generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) router supporting MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology for better capacity and efficiency.
It comes with four external or non-removable antennas sticking up from its back and also has four customary Gigabit LAN ports, one Gigabit WAN port, WPS button, Reset button, DC-In socket, and power switch.
Meanwhile, the Asus AX1800 offers 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections and provides speed up to 1201 Mbps on the 5GHz and up to 574 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
Additionally, the router offers a lifetime free AiProtection Classic powered by Trend Micro with automatic, regularly updated security signatures to protect your devices and personal data from internet threats.
The Asus AX1800 dual-band WiFi 6 router is available online for a price tag of Rs 9,689.
KEY SPECS FOR THE Asus RT-AX55 AX1800
- Next-generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) router.
- Connectivity – 5 GHz: 1201 Mbps (802.11ax), 2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps (802.11ax)
- Low Latency – Ideal for Gaming.
- Comes with 4 antennas.
- 1.5Ghz quad-core processor.
- MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology support.
- Also, integrate with Alexa.
- Mobile App: Asus router app.
- Price: $132 or Rs. 9,689
6. Linksys Max-Stream MR7350 AX1800 Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Router
Linksys WiFi 6 AX 1800 is a mesh router system that you can use to cover a medium or large house and later if you decide to grow your network.
The router is expensive, available for Rs. 11,999 but is worth the price considering speed and coverage.
So this router is future-ready that will expand by adding any Linksys mesh compatible products.
The router can support dual bands namely one 2.4 GHz and 5GHz and the entire router has been powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-core Processor and OFDMA technology for enhanced speed in high-density areas.
Meanwhile, it comes with two external adjustable antennas that provide a signal in a wide area of up to 1700 sq. ft. So, bye-bye all dead zones of your house.
You can easily set up the device with the Linksys app and ensure a safe Internet experience for your kids by using parental control support.
KEY SPECIFICATIONS FOR LINKSYS AX1800 Mesh Wifi 6 router
- Works on OFDMA technology.
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core processor.
- Wi-Fi speed: offer a speed up to 1.2Ghz.
- No. of USB ports: It offers four Ethernet LAN ports and a WAN port.
- Comes with two external adjustable antennas.
- Coverage area: 1700 sq. ft.
- Easily set up the router by using the Linksys app.
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports and USB 3.0 Port.
- Price: $175 or Rs 11,999.
7. ASUS AX3000 Dual Band WiFi 6 Router
Asus AX3000 is a dual-band WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Router that supports MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology like an Asus AX1800 WiFi6 router to efficiently allocate channels, communicate with multiple devices simultaneously.
The router supports 160MHz bandwidth & 1024-QAM for dramatically faster wireless connections along with a total networking speed of 3 Gbps - 574 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band & 2402 Mbps on the 5GHz band.
Moreover, the WPA3 adds new features to simplify Wi-Fi security, enable more robust authentication and the router also has a lifetime free AiProtection Pro which is powered by Trend Micro.
Furthermore, it is compatible with the ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage and also compatible with Alexa.
You can easily purchase this router online at a price of Rs 16,530.
KEY SPECS FOR THE Asus AX3
- next-generation WiFi 6 (802.11ax) router.
- Connectivity – 5 GHz: 2402 Mbps (802.11ax), 2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps (802.11ax)
- Ideal for Gaming and offer good coverage.
- Comes with 4 antennas.
- 1.5 GHz tri-core processor.
- MU-MIMO and OFDMA technology support.
- Also, compatible with Alexa.
- Mobile App: Asus router app.
- Price: $225 or Rs. 16,530.
8. TP-Link Archer AX6000
It is easy to install and offers good throughput performance. The huge device is equipped with the new 802.11AX technology and several connectivity options that may include 8 gigabit LAN ports, a multi-gigabit WAN port, and two USB ports.
You will find it easy to be managed from a phone using the TP-Link Tether mobile app. However, the web console provides the latest controls.
It uses a black-colored enclosure along with eight non-removable foldable antennas along with a square LED indicator on the top side. It will glow in a solid blue color when everything is working fine. Meanwhile, it will glow in orange color, in case there is no internet connectivity.
On the left side, there is a USB 3.0 Type-A port and a USB 3.0 Type C port. You will come across WPS, LED On/Off, and Wi-Fi On/Off buttons on the front edge of the router.
You can use the TP-Link Archer AX 6000 in a house with up to 2000 square feet area and can easily connect up to 15 devices with ease.
Key Specifications for the TP-Link Archer AX 6000
- Processors: 1.8 GHz Quad-Core CPU and 2 co-processors
- Speed - Up to 5952 Mbps: 4804 Mbps (5 GHz) and 1148 Mbps (2.4 GHz)
- Ports - 1 × 2.5 Gbps WAN port, 8 × Gigabit LAN ports, and 1 USB 3.0 Type-A Port and 1 USB Type C port.
- Interface: Wi-Fi 6, OFDMA, Mu-MIMO.
- Features - Parental Controls and QoS, and Mobile APP.
- Band Steering for less Congestion and interference.
- Price: $280.99 or Rs. 21,999
9. NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 (AX6000)
Looks can be deceptive, this is an ultimate beast when it comes to routers. If money is not a concern this can be one of the best routers for home or office.
The router can easily handle more connected devices and can also offer streaming up to 8 devices.
You can easily stream 4k or 8k videos using the Nighthawk AX8.
The placement on a desk is not necessary as it has got a few wall-mount slots on its rear.
The latest router comes with its “wings” folded down, and all you have to do is just unfold and lock them into place to position the antennas at the correct angle.
It offers Gigabit WIFI Speed for compatible devices. You can have speeds of 1200 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and a crazy high speed of + 4.8Gbps on the 5 Ghz band a total of GBPS speed.
Also, you can use it with a 2 GBPS internet connection without breaking a sweat.
Besides, we can add up to 30 devices with this router
Key Specifications for the NetGear AX 6000
- Processor: Powerful 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor
- Wi-Fi speed: 1.2 + 4.8Gbps with 8-stream connectivity
- Wi-Fi technology: 802.11ax Dual-Band WiFi (AX6000)
- No of USB Ports: 2 USB 3.0 Ports
- Weight: 1281g
- Price: $320 or Rs. 25,999
10. Linksys Velop WiFi 6 AX 530
WIFI 6 Mesh Router - Linksys Velop mesh routers are best sellers now they have got updated with a new version that can support the latest Wi-Fi 6.
Linksys Velop WiFi 6 AX 5300 is a mesh router system that you can use to cover a large bungalow by using more than 1 router working in a mesh.
Small houses may only require a single Velop node.
Meanwhile, a bigger or multi-level home may seek a second or even third one. A two-pack will be able to cover a home approximately 6000 square feet, claim experts.
The router can support three bands namely one 2.4 GHz and two 5GHz.
It has a 4x4 MU-MIMO for better simultaneous connections. The entire router has been powered by a 2.2 GHz quad-core processor and OFDMA technology for enhanced speed in high-density areas.
Key Specifications for Linksys Velop AX5300
- Processor: 2.2GHz quad-core processor
- Wi-Fi speed: 1,147Mbps on 2.4GHz band, 1,733Mbps on one 5GHz band, and 2,402Mbps on second 5GHz band
- No of USB ports: It offers four LAN ports and a USB port
- Wi-Fi technology: WPA3 encryption, 1024 QAM, and OFDMA data transmissions
- Up to 5.3 Gbps
- Long Range and Fast Performance
- Linksys Sheild for parental Control and Smartphone App.
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports and USB 3.0 Port.
- Price: $599, Rs. 34,999
Key Benefits for WIFI 6 Routers
If you constantly suffer from buffering, it is time to check that the router is not responsible for it. You may have a 300 Mbps or higher broadband connection but the speed reduces as you move away from the router.
WIFI 6 is designed to enhance the capacity of the network and boost the performance of your home network. It allows up to 12 streams simultaneously and can offer buffer-free streaming along with quicker downloads.
Given below are some of the benefits of Wi-Fi 6 routers.
- Offers the highest level of performance (OFDMA)
It is worth noting that WiFi 6 relies on orthogonal frequency division multiple access or OFDMA. The vital feature helps in enhancing overall network efficiency as it allows many devices to send and receive data simultaneously at different bandwidth speeds.
2. Powerful Real-World Speeds and Range:
In Wi-Fi technology, the frequency bands - 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz- are created from component streams. And, WiFi data travels on these streams.
The Wi-Fi 6 possesses the maximum number of streams thus permitting for gigabit WiFi speeds. It can enhance the streams’ number to a fresh high of 12 throughout the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.
According to experts, Wi-Fi 6 permitted client devices to enjoy a 40 percent rise in speed in comparison with its predecessors.
3. Ideal for Smart Homes:
Smart Home devices and IoT applications are flourishing. Consequently, Wi-Fi-connected devices in a large number of homes have been rising from an average of 15 devices to as high as 50 or above.
These Wi-Fi-connected devices may include the lightbulb, door lock, appliance, and camera, phones, laptops, TVs, consoles, and several others.
Wi-Fi 6 is designed to tackle the rise in devices sans affecting your Wi-Fi speeds.
These routers lead to a hassle-free streaming experience by offering continuous connectivity of switches, lights, or other IoT devices that you may add to your smart home.
4. Appropriate for 4K/8K UHD streaming:
When you stream 4K or 8K resolution videos, it may need a reliable high-speed connection. And, in houses with several users, streaming HD video may exert an increased load on the routers that are not able to handle multiple streams.
The Wi-Fi 6 routers have super-fast processors, enhanced memory, and a higher radio stream handling capacity. The Wi-Fi 6 routers can easily stream several HD video sessions sans stuttering, buffering, or any other issues.
What's the Con for WIFI 6?
It is expensive Bro! Really Expensive! But it is also worth the upgrade, as the future is WIFI 6.
WIFI 6 VS WIFI 5 - Speed Test
We ran some WIFI 6 VS WIFI 5 Tests on a 500 Mbps broadband connection. The routers were approximately 20 feet away from the testing device.
Here Are the Results
|WIFI 6 VS WIFI 5||Download Speed (Mbps)||Upload Speed (Mbps)||% Faster|
|WIFI 6 (802.11ax)||378||266||42%|
|WIFI 5 (802.11ac)||262||158||66%|
WIFI 6 Vs WIFI 5 Speed Test - What is the Benefit of Upgrading to WIFI 6?
At a closer range, you will not find much difference in speed, but once you move away from the router there is a measurable difference. You can expect a 30 to 40% improvement in speed when you are far from the router and several other devices are connected.
Thanks For Reading, If You have any questions, please ask in the comments below.
Also, if you are facing any issues regarding the WIFI network Speed or coverage - check my ultimate guide to improve your Wifi experience