We have the best suggestions if you are looking for the best long-range WIFI router for your home or office.
It has become imperative to get hold of an affordable long-range Wi-Fi router to get great speed and adequate coverage.
We often suffer from poor network issues at home/offices with challenging layouts.
Also, you need a simple to configure and manage the WIFI network for your home.
Also, if you have a large bungalow (2000 to 5000 Sq Feet), the best solution is to buy two similar routers and use the second router in the repeater mode. You can also buy a long-range router and a repeater (Range Extender).
Two routers will give you better coverage and speed in comparison to a single slightly expensive router. Also another superior solution is – WIFI Mesh routers.
The WIFI Mesh routers will cost above Rs. 6000 or $80 but offer seamless connectivity.
Also another notable point is that the 5 Ghz band will typically offer only 70% of the range of 2.4 Ghz coverage.
So for a more extended range, the 2.4 Ghz band is more effective, and the 5 Ghz band is better for higher speeds.
I have been using routers for more than ten years and have tested more than 20. Our suggestions are based on several facts, such as the number of bands, range, speed, software, security, coverage, price, warranty, after-sales support, our internal testing, and other user reviews.
We have curated a list of economical yet long-range Wi-Fi routers that will keep you connected even in the distant corners of your house.
Top 10 Affordable Best Long Range WIFI Routers
10. TP-link N300 WiFi Wireless Router
The presence of three 5dBi high gain antennas is perfect for a small to medium house that lets you never lose connection and enjoy a more stable internet.
Moreover, set up your N300 router in minutes thanks to its intuitive web interface and the powerful Tether app that provides the easiest way to access and manage your router on your smartphone.
Additionally, The router offers up to 300Mbps wireless speed making it a practical solution for home network applications like the file download, video chat, or online streaming.
It has WPA2 encryption for preventing the network from outside intrusions and also has easy parent control support that allows parents or administrators to deploy restricted access for children or staff.
For purchasing, it is available online for a price tag of Rs 1,199.
Key Specifications – TP-link N300 WiFi Wireless Router
- Offers you stable connections via three high-gain antennas.
- Five dBi Antennas.
- Offers up to 300Mbps wireless speed.
- Offers easy network management with the help of the TP-Link Tether app.
- WPA2 encryption for security.
- Accessible parent control facility.
- Can also remove Wi-Fi dead zones
- Available for Rs 1,199.
- Router dimensions are 14.4 x 23 x 3.5 cm.
- It offers you 3 years of warranty
- Portable and compact design with a sturdy build
- Ideal for streaming and gaming with high frequency
- Suitable for Small Flats (2 BHK)
- Not compatible with VPN
9. Tenda F3 300Mbps Wireless Router with 3 External Antennas
Tenda F3 is one of the most affordable long-range wifi routers on this list and comes with decent coverage and speed.
The wireless router is ideal for small and medium houses.
You will enjoy the super-easy setup interface that will allow you to access the Internet effortlessly.
The presence of three external antennas will amplify the Wi-Fi connection all across your home and you will enjoy perfect coverage.
The wireless router’s advanced chip ensures stable and swift wireless performance, thus making it appropriate for streaming music, uploading photos, streaming HD videos, and other activities that require huge bandwidth.
You can also make optimum utilization of the Wi-Fi timing function. It lets you set the time to turn the Wi-Fi on and off.
The user interface is simple, and you can access it using the web browser on a phone or a laptop. It is easy to configure and is simple to use and maintain.
For instance, when you sleep, the Wi-Fi switches off at a particular time and saves you more energy. It also supports the security mechanism WPA, WPA2, and WPS-PSK to enhance security.
The router is available for a price tag of Rs. 1199.
- It offers you 3*5Dbi external antennas
- You will get IP-based bandwidth control
- Single Band – 2.4 GHz
- Speed – 300 MBPS
- Offers top-level security mechanism
- Allows you to enjoy a Wi-Fi experience
- It is economically priced
- The price of the router is Rs 1274
- Product dimensions are 12.7 x 9.1 x 2.6 cm
- It gives you 3 year’s warranty
- Ideal for small and Medium flats.
- You can buy two to use in the repeater mode.
- Extremely easy to install
- Decent range with stable frequency
- You will not encounter any heating issues
- Single-band Only
8. D-Link DIR-650IN Wireless N300 Router
The router looks quite eye-catching and helps in meeting your entire Internet-related requirement.
The high-performance router allows you to share your broadband internet connection with your devices. If you plan to buy the router, you need to shell out Rs 999.
It is an ideal replacement for the Tenda F3 and offers similar coverage and features.
It can effectively connect both wired and wireless products to the router so that you can access the Internet at any point in time.
When you buy it, you will get robust security features. You will like the easy setup offered by the router.
Key Specifications – D-Link DIR-650IN Wireless N300 Router
- It gives you 300 Mbps wireless speed.
- Band – 2.4 Ghz Only.
- Speed – 300 Mbps
- Offers several operating modes, namely Router/AP/Repeater/Client/client or repeater
- The presence of a guest zone allows the guest to access the Internet instead of your LAN
- You will get four 5dBi external antennae that will enhance your wireless coverage
- Product dimension is 29 x 28.2 x 4.8 cm
- Offers warranty of 3 years
- You will get components like DIR-650IN, Power Adaptor, Ethernet Cable and QIG
- It can Work in Repeater or WISP mode.
- Great router with an inexpensive rate
- Good signal strength with decent security features
- Ideal for normal usage
- The user interface should be more friendly.
- Supports only 2.4 GHz band.
7. TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit, Dual Band Router (Recommended)
The presence of 5 high-performance antennas (4 external and 1 internal) in the router helps give you adequate coverage throughout your home.
It offers convenience to set up with the Tether App. Notably, Archer C6 can produce a trustworthy and super-fast network.
The router uses 802.11ac Wi-Fi technology. The 2.4GHz band can provide speed up to 300 Mbps while the 5GHz band can deliver speed up to 867Mbps.
It is ideal for video streaming and hassle-free online gaming.
The router comes with a High-performance Qualcomm chipset for lag-free operations and also supports MU MIMO technology for extended range and coverage.
The router also comes with Gigabit Lan and Wan ports, allowing for a fast ethernet connection.
Key Specification – TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit
- It offers you stable connections via four external antennas, and one internal gives stable wireless connections
- Five dBi Antennas
- Dual-Band Support
- Offers more comprehensive coverage as a result of beamforming technology
- MU-MIMO technology gives a smoother network
- Offers easy network management with the help of TP-Link Tether
- Access Point mode helps you create a new Wi-Fi access point
- It supports one mesh function by connecting different devices
- Can also remove Wi-Fi dead zones
- Gigabit Ports -1 Gigabit WAN port 4 Gigabit LAN port
- Available for Rs 2499
- Product dimensions are 14.4 x 23 x 3.7 cm
- It offers you 3 years of warranty
- Capable of delivering a stable frequency
- Safe and secure browsing even when hits WAN failure
- Dual-Band Support.
- The user interface is a bit slow.
6. Mercusys AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router
The Mercusys WiFi router creates a reliable, blazing-fast Wi-Fi network using the robust 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard.
It has 3x faster than wireless N speeds and is one of the best solutions for your home and office.
Additionally, the router comes with dual-band connection options that offer 300Mbps speed over the 2.4GHz band is great for surfing and emails, while 867Mbps over the 5GHz band covers bandwidth-intensive tasks like HD streaming and gaming.
This WiFi router has four external 5dBi antennas powered with advanced antenna technology, providing users with larger wireless coverage and wireless signal intensity throughout your large home or office
Moreover, it has an easy 3-step installation to set up your WiFi router in minutes by using the Mercusys app.
- Firstly, create your unique login password.
- Enter the required information and choose your internet service.
- Lastly, Set your wireless network name ( SSID ) and password.
Additionally, it comes with easy Parental Controls ＆ Access Control to supervise children and staff with responsible access. You can easily set up a black or white list and limit web access time.
For protection and safety, The router comes with WPA/WPA2 encryption that creates an active defense against security threats and intruders.
The 2×2 MIMO technology increases wireless transmission efficiency between multiple devices and is available online for Rs 1,789.
Key Specs for Mercusys AC1200 Dual-Band Wifi Router
- Provide higher data transmission speed up to 1200 Mbps.
- Offers dual-band frequency (2.4 GHz+ 5GHz).
- You will get 5dBi x 4 Omni-directional antennas.
- Comes with WPA/WPA2 encryption for protection and safety.
- Easy 3-step installation process.
- Comes with 2×2 MIMO technology for more stable and optimized data speed.
- Also has parental and access control support.
- Product dimensions are 22.2 x 14 x 3.2 cm.
- 3 years warranty.
- Price – Rs. 1,789.
- Premium look and has affordable pricing
- Supports MU-MIMO streaming
- Beamforming technology and Qualcomm chipset
- No USB Port for storage drive
5. TP-Link TL-WR841HP High-Power Wireless-N Router
The Wireless-N router can boost your power and coverage. It is a single-band router with long antennas that offer nine dBi signal strength.
If you don’t want to use a repeater or a secondary router, then this TP-Link router will offer you one of the highest coverage in the affordable price range.
The 300Mbps router has been designed in such a way the signal remains strong even if it passes through barriers and walls.
The robust tether app and intuitive web interface let you set up the router in minutes.
The Tether also allows you to control your network settings that may include parental controls and access control policies.
The router also functions as a range extender or wireless access point, thus giving you the flexibility you desire and deserve.
The independent high-power amplifiers offer additional output power compared to a regular router.
The router does not contain a modem and works effectively with cable broadbands.
Key Specifications – TP-Link TL-WR841HP
- It offers you an increased range above 5,000 sq. ft
- The strong Wi-Fi signal can easily eliminate dead zones
- High Gain 9 dBi Antennas
- Single Band – 2.4 Ghz Only
- You will get three wireless modes that may include a router, range extender, and access point
- You will get 300Mbs wireless speed
- The price of the product is Rs 2399
- Product dimensions are 18.7 x 22.8 x 4.8 cm
- Offers three years warranty
- Price Rs. 2399
- Clean and easy web-based GUI
- Great data transfer speed at long range with wall penetration signal capability
- Feature to control bandwidth for every user
- Supports Only Single Band.
4. Tenda AC5 V3 AC1200 Smart Wireless Dual-Band 1200Mbps WiFi Router
The smart dual-band Wi-Fi router gives you a powerful signal and stable performance. It is equipped with four 5dBI dual-band omnidirectional antennas.
The super-fast Internet connection allows you to enjoy smooth 4K HD videos and online games. It has been powered by 802.11ac Wave 2.0 technology.
The presence of AC5 gives you a combined dual-band wireless transmission as high as 1167 Mbps.
The price of the product is Rs 2499.
When you buy the router, you will receive Dual-Band Router, Power Adapter, Quick Installation Guide, and Ethernet Cable.
Key Specification – Tenda AC5 V3 AC1200 Smart Wireless Router
- It is equipped with MU-MIMO technology
- 4 Antennas With 6 dBi Strength
- Mu-MIMO Tech provides faster and long coverage.
- Dual-Band – Supports 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz
- It has been powered by a 1 GHz high-frequency CPU
- AC5 gives you reliable and stable internet connectivity
- Availability of the Tenda app helps you manage your router anytime and anywhere
- Price Rs. 1799
- Higher data transfer rate
- Supports beamforming technology
- Available at an affordable pricing
- Not suitable if you want to connect too many devices.
3. Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
Last but not least, the Tenda AC 10 is a powerful long-range router that can easily connect to multiple devices and offer simultaneous connections.
It offers you stunning performance for all your streaming and gaming activities. You will get stable Wi-Fi performance and can connect to over 30 devices.
You will receive innovative MU-MIMO and beamforming technology when you buy the router. AC10 will give you a concurrent dual-band data rate of 1167 Mbps.
It has been powered by the 802.11ac wave 2.0 standard. The product has been priced at Rs 2629.
Key Specification – Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless
- It will give you dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz
- You will receive 3x Gigabit LAN and 1x Gigabit WAN
- Four 5 dBi external dual-band antennas
- It gives a powerful dual-band Wi-Fi signal for multi-wall penetration
- Mu-MIMO Technology
- Faster Reboot and Response time
- Product dimensions are 22 x 14.1 x 4.9 cm
- Gives 3 years warranty
- Price Rs. 2499
- Supportive and easy-to-use Tenda WiFi mobile app
- Can mount the router on the wall
- Excellent and stable WiFi range
- Should have a USB port
2. ASUS RT-AC59U V2 – AC1500 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router
The ASUS RT long-range WiFi router has a strong network coverage and range to create a whole-home WiFi network.
In addition, the ASUSWRT dashboard offers an easy set up so that you can manage your router comfortably. The router is ideal for 1500 to 2000 Sq Feet houses or flats. You can buy this router if you have a three or four BHK flat.
Also, it comes with the Ai Mesh feature that allows it to pair with another router to increase the coverage. You can buy two of these routers to have full coverage up to 3000 to 5000 sq Feet.
The router offers speeds up to 600 Mbps on a 2.4 Ghz frequency, allowing lag-free streaming, gaming, and much more.
It lets you stream 4K content, and you can also use speeds up to 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. The device comes equipped with four Gigabit LANs that allow to speed up to 4 Gbps simultaneously.
Further, the ASUS QoS assures the uninterrupted connection by inbound and outbound bandwidth on wired and wireless connections.
Above all, the router can be controlled with your mobile by simply an application. It allows you to set up, manage network traffic, diagnose connection issues, and update the firmware.
Key Specs For ASUS RT-AC59U V2 – AC1500 Router
- Ai Mesh supported
- Speeds up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and up to 867 Mbps (5 GHz)
- ASUSWRT dashboard UI
- 4 * Gigabit LAN port and USB 2.0
- Product dimension – 125*192*30 mm
- Parental controls
- multi-device performance
- Price – Rs. 4999
- Supports advanced features and excellent software management
- Stable and high data transfer rate
- Improved coverage and multi-device performance support
- The company should work on occasional glitches that demand a reboot on little setting
1. Tenda AC19 AC2100 Dual-Band Gigabit Wireless Router
Tenda AC19 is the most expensive long-range wifi router on this list and comes with fantastic coverage and speed.
The wireless router is suitable for houses like small and medium houses and offices too. The router is ideal for 1200 to 1500 Sq Feet houses or flats.
You can buy this router if you have a three or four BHK flat.
Also, You will enjoy the super-easy setup interface by using the Tenda app that will allow you to access the Internet effortlessly.
The presence of four 6dbi external antennas will amplify the Wi-Fi connection all across your home, and you will enjoy perfect coverage.
However, the router offers combined wireless speeds up to 300 Mbps (over 2.4 GHz) and 1733 Mbps (over 5 GHz) for smooth online gaming and video streaming experience.
Also, the IPv6 support can reduce the data transmission time and minimize the lag, providing a better gaming experience.
Furthermore, it supports the security mechanism WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and WPA/WPA2 to enhance security.
It comes with various connectivity options that include LAN ports(4x), WAN Gigabit(1x), USB 2.0 port(1x), WPS/Reset button(1x), and power port, and the Tenda AC19 router is available online for a price tag of Rs. 4,990.
Key Specifications – Tenda AC19 AC2100 Dual-Band Gigabit
- Offers you four 5Dbi external antennas.
- Dual-frequency Bands – 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz.
- Speed – up to 2100 MBPS.
- Offers top-level security mechanism(WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK, WPA/WPA2).
- Coverage area – 1300 sq. ft.
- Connectivity options – LAN ports(4x), WAN Gigabit(1x), USB 2.0 port(1x), WPS/Reset button(1x), and power port.
- Product dimensions are 23.89 x 14.43 x 4.03 cm.
- Gives you 3 years warranty.
- Ideal for small and Medium flats.
- The price of the router is Rs 4,990.
- Excellent file transfer with a stable connection
- User-friendly app with a web-based interface
- Ideal for medium/large houses
- The company should work on the 5Ghz network range and stability.
If you have a budget of Rs. 5000 or more can opt for these excellent WIFI 6 Routers or buy a dedicated Gaming router for a flawless gaming experience.
FAQs – Best Long Range Routers
1. Does having more Antennas will give a better range?
Many people think that having four antennas will offer better coverage – it is not always true. Even two high-powered antennas can offer a longer range and coverage than multiple antennas. So don’t worry about the number of antennas.
2. Can you cover a Huge House or Office (5000 to 10000 Sq Feet) With these Routers?
If you are looking for a router to cover 5000 or 10000 sq feet, I suggest buying a WIFI mesh router system or a WIFI 6 router. Also, you can buy a router like ASUS RT-AC59U or the Tenda AC19 with it using a WIFI Repeater or a similar second router.
If you need even better coverage (10000 Sq Feet) and speed, check out these best Gaming Routers with incredible range and low latency.
3. Can these routers cover 300m to 500m or even a 1 Km Range?
No, these cannot cover an extended range of 300m/500m; you will need a different solution. If you want a very long-range router for 300 to 500m, you can buy a High Power Outdoor CPE/Access Point that you can install outside your home or office to transfer signals from one point to another.
I recommend you check out the TP-Link CPE610 High powered outdoor Access point, which offers 300 Mbps speed and 23 dBi antennas.
Concluding Thoughts – Top 10 Long Range Routers in India
Therefore, we may conclude that you will come across many long-range Wi-Fi solutions on the market.
You need to evaluate several factors before your purchase. The above details will help you select the best long-range Wi-Fi routers for your home.
Another noteworthy point is that after-sales support for most router companies in India is very slow. If your router is faulty, you may have to ship it to the service center to claim the warranty and RMA.
Also, if you still need my advice on picking the best router, share your query in the comments, and we will help you buy the perfect one.
If you want even faster internet access, check out the latest WIFI 6 routers. Also, you can buy a range extender or repeater to improve the coverage of your existing router.