12 Best Mobile Under Rs 25000 India Sept (2017): Let’s explore some of the best smartphones you can buy for Rs. 25,000 or $400 in Indian/global market. Everyone don’t want a cheaper smartphone, some people want quality and class even if a little higher premium is to be paid. The list has 12 latest smartphones with best specs, camera and user experience priced between 20K- 30K.
Some of these smartphones are top selling on Flipkart, Amazon and Snapdeal.
Definitely, smartphone available at a cheaper rate may look like a good deal but who are we kidding a Rs. 10k smartphone experience and built quality cannot match an expensive smartphone.
If you neither have that kind of money to buy a high-end device (latest flagships) nor you want to settle down for a cheaper one, then must consider these mid range phones. This is the most exciting category, wherein along with new launches, you will also find a lot of flagships which were launched for a much higher price earlier.
These are the Top 10 smartphones under Rs 25,000 or $400, worth considering:
#Oppo F3 Plus
Best Selfie Smartphone under Rs 25000 – Oppo launched Oppo F3 Plus Dual Selfie camera mobile in the Indian market in March 2017. The Smartphone is priced at Rs. 27,990 and is available on Flipkart. The F3 Plus comes with a large 6-inch display with 1920*1080 pixel resolution having 367 PPI pixel density. The display comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
The key highlight of the smartphone if its dual front facing the camera. The front camera has two lenses with 16 Megapixel and 8 Megapixel resolution to click selfies with Bokeh effect. Whereas the Rear camera has a single lens with 16 Megapixel resolution with aperture f/1.7 Sony’s IMX398 sensor, autofocus and dual LED Flash.
Oppo F3 Plus runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 SoC processor (MSM8976 PRO), which is an Octa-Core processor with four Cortex A72 cores and four Cortex A53 cores.
The phone packs with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of Internal storage which can be further expanded via micro-sd card.
Key Specs for Oppo F3 Plus
- Screen – 6 inches IPS LCD Display.
- Resolution – 1920*1080 pixels (~367 PPI).
- Processor – Octa-Core processor Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653.
- GPU – Adreno 510
- RAM – 4 GB
- Storage – 64 GB internal storage expandable upto 256 GB via micro sd card.
- Rear Camera – 16 MP, f/1.7 aperture size, autofocus, OIS, dual-LED flash.
- Front selfie camera – Dual 16 MP + 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture.
- OS – Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Color OS 3.0.
- Fingerprint scanner – Yes Front Mounted.
- Connectivity – Dual sim 4G with VOLTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth.
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery.
- Thickness – 7.4 mm
- Weight – 185 grams
- Price – Rs. 27,999
#One Plus 3 (Top Selling Smartphone)
Oneplus 3 is one of the best smartphones to purchase if you have a budget of Rs 25,000. Though the smartphone is Priced at Rs of 27,999, we are expecting a price cut soon as the OnePlus 3T is launched. If you have a slightly higher budget you should go for the Oneplus 3T.
The Oneplus 3 comes with a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED Capacitive multi-touch screen. Smartphone offers 1080×1920 pixels resolution with 73.1% screen-to-body ratio. There is Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protection. Oneplus 3 runs on Android Nougat 7.1 along with Oxygen OS.
The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820, Quad core processor & Adreno 530 GPU. Oneplus 3 comes with 6 GB Ram and offers 64 GB of internal storage capacity.
The Onplus 3 has a 16 MP rear camera with features like OIS, Face Detection, Dual LED Flash & Auto HDR with f/2.0 aperture. At the Front is an 8 MP Camera with f/2.0 aperture, and ability to record 1080 p videos.
Added with these are connectivity features like Wi-Fi, 4G, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC but no FM radio.
And also USB v2.0, Type C-1.0 reversible port for fast charging and better audio output.
Sensors include Finger Print, Gyrometer, Accelerometer, Proxy, Compass. The smartphone is powered by a non-removable 3000 mAh battery.
Important – Oneplus has launched the OnePlus 3T with better specs and would be a worthy wait instead of buying the OnePlus 3 currently.(Nov’16). Or if you get a discount on OnePlus 3.
#Motorola Moto Z Play (Modular Smartphone, sleek design)
Moto Z Play was released in October of 2016 is a premium, well built smart phone. This phone has a fantastic display, decent build, great battery life. The Motorola Moto Z play is priced at Rs 24,999 and available for purchase online. We recently reviewed the Motorola Moto Z Play (read for more info).
This device sports a 5.5 inch, Full HD Super AMOLED screen offering a 407 ppi pixel density.
The Moto z play offers a glass build similar to the Asus Zenfone 3 in this price range. The smartphone has a 16 MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture a front 5 MP f/2.2 snapper to take decent selfies.
It is powered by Octa – Core 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor and has Adreno 506 GPU. These chipsets are coupled with 3 GB RAM. This device offers 32 GB internal storage which can be expanded upto 256 GB through an external SD card.
All the other connectivity features like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, FM Radio and a USB Type C-1.0 reversible connector, magnetic connector.
With a mammoth 3510 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery, this device is capable of running all day with high usage. It is one of the best battery life smartphones with great looks and display in this price range.
12 Best Mobile Under Rs 25000 India
#Asus Zenfone 3 (Gorgeous Design, great build quality)
Asus has launched the new Asus Zenfone 3 in August 2016 in the Indian market. There are 2 variants of Zenfone 3 which you can buy in the budget of Rs. 25,000. We recently did a review for the Asus Zenfone 3. (read here for more info.)
- Zenfone 3 – 5.2 Inch Display, 32 GB Storage and 3 GB RAM Price Rs. 21,999
- Zenfone 3 – 5.5 Inch Display, 64 GB Storage and 4 GB Storage Price Rs. 27,999
The Asus Zenfone 3 has got an evolved premium Glass and metal design and offers best in class aesthetics. The smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa-Core processor clocked at 2.0 GHz.
The smartphone comes with 16 Megapixel rear camera (f/2.0 aperture with Sony 6P Lens) with EIS and fast auto-focus. The front camera is also decent with 8 MP resolution to click selfies.
Both the smartphones come with Full HD IPS LCD display and have Corning’s Gorilla Glass protection.
The battery capacity is 2650 mAH on the 5.2-inch variant while the larger model has 3000 mAH battery capacity. The smartphone comes with finger print scanner at the back of the device.
The smartphone runs on the Android Marshmallow 6.0 along with Zen UI 3.0.
The Zenfone 3 comes with 4G LTE as well as VOLTE support for high-speed data connectivity.
Check Latest Price for – Zenfone 3 (64 GB)
#Huawei Honor 8 Pro
Huawei Honor 8 Pro was launched in India in April 2017 and is exclusive to Amazon India. It is the true rival to OnePlus 5 but is slightly affordable compared to the OnePlus 5. The smartphone feature a display of 5.7 inches with HD resolution (2560*1440 pixel). The display comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
The smartphone runs on Android 7.1 Nougat with EMUI 5.1. The Honor 8 Pro is powered by the Huawei Kirin 960 Octa core processor clocked at 2.4 GHz and comes with 6 GB of Ram. The mobile comes with 128 GB of internal storage, which can be expanded upto 256 GB via Micro-sd card.
The Honor 8 Pro has a 12 Megapixel Dual rear camera and has a massive 4000 mAH battery capacity.
Key spec for Huawei Honor 8 Pro
- Display – 5.7 inches QHD Resolution IPS LCD
- Resolution – 2560*1440 pixels & Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Operating system – Android Nougat 7.1 with EMUI 5.1
- Processor – Octa core Huawei Kirin 960 processor clocked at 2.4 GHz.
- GPU – Mali G78 MP8 GPU
- RAM – 6 GB RAM
- Rear Camera – 12 MP Dual Camera – RGB Sensor, B&W Sensor.
- Front Selfie Camera- 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture, can record 1080p videos.
- Storage – 128 GB internal expandable upto 256 GB using micro-SD card.
- Battery – 4000 mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support.
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted) , NFC enabled
- Thickness – 7.0 mm
- Weight – 184 gm
- Price – Rs. 29999
- Available on Amazon
#Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro was launched in the Indian market in June 2017. The smartphone is available for purchase at a price of Rs. 20,900 from Flipkart. The Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro comes with Full HD display (1920*1080 pixel resolution) of 5.5 inches.
As far as the camera is concerned it has 13 Megapixel Rear camera having f/1.7 aperture size and a LED Flash where the front facing camera of the smartphone also has 13 Megapixel lens with f/1.9 aperture size with LED flash.
It does support a Fingerprint Scanner which is Rear mounted at the Home button.
Key spec for Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
- Display – 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display.
- Resolution – 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density).
- Operating system – Android Nougat 7.0
- Processor –Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU – Mali-T830MP2.
- RAM – 3 GB
- Rear Camera -13 MP, with f/1.7 aperture, autofocus and LED flash.
- Front Selfie Camera- 13 MP, f/1.9 aperture and LED flash
- Storage – 32/64 GB and expandable upto 256 GB via Micro-Sd card ( dedicated Slot).
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery.
- Fingerprint Scanner – Yes front mounted
- Thickness – 7.9 mm
- Weight – 181 grams
- Price – Rs. 20,990
#Huawei Honor 8
Price Rs. 29,999
Huawei launched the Huawei Honor 8 in India on 12 Oct’16. The Dual camera smartphone comes with stunning glass back cover design. The glass build is similar to what you may have seen on a Samsung S7.
The smartphone is priced at Rs. 29,999.
Apart from the Dual rear camera, Honor 8 offers 4GB RAM, 5.2 Full HD display & HiSilicon Kirin 950 chipset.
Key Specifications Huawei Honor 8:
- Display : 5.2 inch IPS LCD FHD (1080×1920) (~423 ppi)
- Chipset: Octa core HiSilicon Kirin 950 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz
- OS: Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow), Emotion UI 4.1
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 32/64 GB internal storage, expandable up to 256 GB via SD card(second sim slot)
- Primary Camera: Dual 12 MP, f/2.2, 35 mm, laser autofocus, dual LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/2.4
- Sim: Single Sim LTE
- Finger print Sensor: Yes
- Battery Capacity: Li-pol 3000 mAh
- Weight: 153 grams
- Dimensions : 145.5 x 71 x 7.5 mm
- Fast Charging: Yes
Related Article – 10 Best Selling Smartphones Under Rs. 20,000.
Price Rs. 26,599
LG in 2016 focused on the modular design. LG G5 friends or modules enable it to have enhanced features and performance. The LG G5 also comes with Dual Rear camera
This benchmark device flaunts a 5.3 inch Super LCD5 touch screen, removable battery, modules. The smartphone is available for a price of Rs. 40,999.
Key Specifications LG G5:
- Chipset: Quad core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 clocked at 2.15 GHz
- Display: 5.3 inches Super LCD5 capacitive touch screen (1440×2560) (~554 ppi)
- GPU: Adreno 530
- OS: Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 32 GB internal storage, expandable upto 256 Gb via SD card
- Primary Camera: Dual 16 MP, f/1.8, OIS, laser autofocus
- Secondary Camera : 8 MP, f/2.0, 1.4” sensor size, 1080p
- Sim : Single Sim/Dual Sim (4G/3G) (LTE/LTE) & VOLTE
- Finger print sensor: Yes
- Battery Capacity: Removable, swappable 2800 Li-ion mAh battery
- Weight: 159 gms
- Dimensions : 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm
- Fast charging: Yes
#ZTE Nubia Z11 – 6 GB RAM Smartphone, SD 820
ZTE Nubia Z11 was launched in late January and is priced at Rs 29,999 or $280, slightly higher than our threshold. The smartphone comes with 6 GB of RAM and is powered by the top of the line Snapdragon 820 Processor clocked at 2.15 GHz.
ZTE Nubia Z11 comes with a bezel free 5.5 Inch display with 1920*1080 pixels (FHD) resolution. There is 2.5 D Curve glass coating and it is also protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The smartphone Display has 81% screen to body ratio and almost bezel less design. The ZTE Nubia Z11 comes with a 16 Mega Pixel rear camera with Optical image stabilization, and there is also a front selfie camera with 8 Mega Pixel lens.
The Nubia Z11 offers a 3000 mAH capacity battery and also has support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 for rapid charging support. Nubia Z11 runs on the Android Marshmallow 6.0 and is likely to get the Android Nougat 7.0.
There is USB type C port and it comes with decent 64 GB of storage (expandable).
Key Specs for ZTE Nubia Z11
- Screen – 5.5 Inch Full HD with Gorilla glass protection
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad-core
- Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM – 6 GB
- Storage – 64 GB of internal Storage, expandable up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera – 16 MP rear with OIS
- Front selfie camera – 8 MP front
- OS – Android lollipop marshmallow 6.0
- Battery – 3000 mAh
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- USB Type C Port
- Fingerprint scanner at the back
- Connectivity – Dual sim 4G with VOLTE
- Price Rs. 29,999
#One Plus 3T
One Plus 3T was launched in the Indian market back in December 2016. The Smartphone features an Optic AMOLED display of 5.5 inches. The display has a resolution of 1920*1080 pixels having (401 ppi pixel density).
One Plus 3T is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 process clocked at 2.3 GHz coupled with 6 GB of RAM. The smartphone comes in two variants having 64 GB and 128 GB inbuilt storage.
Talking about the Camera, One Plus 3T comes with 16 Megapixel Rear camera with aperture size f/2.0 with LED flash. At the front side it has a 16 Megapixel selfie camera. One Plus 3T runs on Android 7.1 Nougat and Oxygen OS. The smartphone will also get the Android Oreo 8.0 update.
The OnePlus 3T comes with a 3400 mAh battery capacity with dash charging support.
Key Specs for One Plus 3T
- Screen – 5.5 inches Optic AMOLED Display.
- Resolution – 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density).
- Processor – Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor clocked at 2.35 GHz.
- GPU – Adreno 530
- RAM – 6 GB
- Storage – 64/128 GB non expandable.
- Rear Camera – 16 Megapixel with aperture f/2.0, LED flash.
- Front selfie camera – 16 Megapixel with aperture f/2.0.
- OS – Android 7.1 Nougat upgradable to Android Oreo 8.0.
- Fingerprint scanner – Yes Front mounted.
- Connectivity – Dual sim 4G with VOLTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC.
- Battery – Non-removable Li-Ion 3400mAh battery.
- Thickness – 7.4 mm
- Weight – 158 grams
- Price – Rs. 27,999
#Xiaomi Mi5 ( Sleek and Gorgeous, light weight)
Xiaomi Mi5 was launched in India and the first sale is on 6th April 2016. The smartphone was priced at Rs. 24,999 and recently got a price cut of Rs. 2000. It is the most powerful Android smartphone you can purchase below 25K.
The smartphone is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. The smartphone comes with Adreno 530 GPU which is much faster than Adreno 430 (One Plus 2).
The Xiaomi Mi5 available Indian version comes with 32 GB of internal storage and has 3 GB of Ram. The smartphone comes with 16 MP rear camera with fast focus and optical image stabilization. It is capable of recording 4K videos.
The front camera is also great with 8 MP resolution to click excellent selfies.
Xiaomi Mi5 comes with Dual Sim 4G LTE support but do not support the Micro SD card. The smartphone is incredibly light weight ( only 129 Grams) and has a thickness of 7.25 mm.
The Screen size is 5.15 inch and comes with Full HD resolution.
The smartphone comes with a Fingerprint scanner which is embedded in the home screen button at the front. The Xiaomi Mi5 comes with a decent battery capacity of 3000 mAH in spite of thin and light weight design.
The Mi5 run on the Android Marshmallow 6.0 along with the MIUI custom ROM.
#Vivo V3 Max (HiFi Audio, Great Performance)
Vivo has been in the market for years now and has a very strong retail presence. It has managed to grab a lot of eyeballs with its latest iterations. The V3 Max is the bigger sibling to V3 and offers incredible head turning looks. The smartphone is priced at Rs. 21,990.
The phone has a 5.5 FHD display with a full metal unibody design. Along with the camera at the back, it also features a fingerprint reader.
The V3 Max has 4 GB RAM for smoother and stutters free performance.
The phone has 32 GB inbuilt storage with an expandable option up to 128 GB. It is powered by 3000 mAh battery and features Qualcomm’s fast charging 2.0. The highlight being the HiFi audio which has been the USP of Vivo for last many years.
V3 Max flaunts a 13 Mp rear camera and 8 Mp front camera. The details are crisp and have good autofocus system and image clarity.
The V3 Max may look overpriced to many but it does come with a better sleek build and camera quality when compared to the competition.
#Vivo V5 Plus
Vivo V5 Plus was launched in the Indian market in January 2017. The smartphone feature a display size of 5.50-inch having a resolution of 1920*1080 pixels.
Vivo V5 Plus comes with a 16 Megapixel Rear Camera. Though the key highlight of the smartphone is the Dual front selfie camera with a 20 Megapixel and 8 Megapixel lens to enjoy better selfies.
The Vivo V5 Plus is powered by 2 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2 GHz coupled with 4 GB of RAM. Vivo V5 Plus has 64 GB of internal storage which cannot be expanded using a micro-sd card.
Key Spec for Vivo V5 Plus
- Display size and type – 5.5 inches FHD IPS display with 2.5D curved glass
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor Clocked at 2.0 GHz
- Graphics – Adreno 506.
- RAM- 4 GB
- Internal Storage- 64 GB inbuilt storage, non-expandable
- Rear Camera- 16 Megapixel lens with f/2.0 aperture.
- Front Camera- 20 Megapixel + 8 Megapixel with f/2.0 aperture.
- Operating System – Android Marshmallow v6.0 with FunTouch OS 3.0.
- Fingerprint Scanner – YES Front mounted.
- Connectivity- 4G/LTE support, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Micro USB 2.0
- Battery- non-removable 3160 battery
- Fast Charging Support – Yes
- Thickness – 7.3 mm
- Weight – 158.6 grams
- Colour Options – Gold and Gray
#HTC One X9 ( Best HTC Smartphone India)
12 Best Mobile Under Rs 25000 India – HTC have always been known for their good build quality and design but pricing has never been too friendly. Recently HTC released a number of devices which includes HTC One X9. The X9 has a sturdy build with all metal uni-body and chamfered edges more like the latest HTC 10.
HTC X9 flaunts a 5.5-inch FHD display with 401 pixels per inch. The phone is powered by the Media Tek Helio X10 chipset along with 3 GB RAM. It has 32 GB inbuilt storage and allows 128 GB storage through micro SD card as well. The phone runs on Android Marshmallow 6.0 update with along with the custom Sense 7.o UI.
While it has only a 13 Mp rear camera, the results are outstanding compared to most cheaper smartphones. The daylight photos are stunning and have lots of details; surprisingly the low light quality also gave a tough competition most smartphones in this price range. The 5 Mp front camera also does justice and is able to click great selfies.
Powering the phone is a 3000 mAh battery, it’s decent enough to sail through the day.
In the signature HTC style, the highlight of X9 is the front facing BoomSound speakers. It has all the sets of sensors but misses out on fingerprint reader which is now common even in 10k range smartphones.
The specifications and price don’t go along for HTC X9 and leaves us to desire more out of it.
Summary of Best Smartphones Under Rs 25000 Sep’17 India
- Xioami Mi5 – Sleek and Light Weight, Price 21999
- OnePlus 3 – Overall Best Selling Mobile
- OnePlus 3T – Great Performance, 6 GB RAM
- Huawei Honor 8 PRO – Great display and Dual Rear camera
- Oppo F3 Plus – Decent Performance, Dual front selfie camera.
- Motorola Moto Z Play – Modular Smartphone Price 25K
- Asus Zenfone 3 – Gorgeous design and stunning camera
- HTC One X9 – Get the Boom Sound Experience
- Oppo F1 Plus – The Selfie expert for shutterbugs
- Vivo V3 Max – High Style Quotient, Great Looks
- ZTE Z11 – 6 GB ram and Snapdragon 820
Thanks for reading the article: – 12 Best Mobile Under Rs 25000 India.
You May Also Like to Read: