Top 5G Mobiles in India 2020
The new trend in the mobile domain is 5G technology. Almost every brand is coming up with a range of 5G smartphones so we decided to decode you the much-hyped 5G trend.
To name some of the features, it supersedes the 4G LTS connection in terms of speed, latency, bandwidth and even offers 4K video streaming. It will be launched as StandAlone and Non StandAlone specifications.
For NSA, in case of non-5G env, the carrier will rollback to the available 4G LTE while in SA, it completely relies on a next-gen network.
As much as we hate being the buzzkill, the fact of the moment is that while many countries like the US, Japan have already benefited from the 5G, India still needs to wait a couple of years to avail of the technology upgrade.
However, many brands have already launched 5G enabled smartphones in India.
Let us take a look at new and upcoming 5G mobiles in India.
iQoo3 5G – Price Rs. 44,999
The much-awaited iQ003 finally gets its official launch on Feb 25, 2020, in India. Available in both 4G as well 5G, the phone comes in the following striking colors: Quantum Silver, Volcano Orange, and Tornado Black.
The phone will also go on sale starting on 4th March, 12 o clock on Flipkart and iQoo.com in the following variants:
- 8 GB/128 GB with 4G priced at Rs36,990
- 8GB/256 GB with 4G priced at Rs 39,990 and
- 12 GB/256 GB with 5G priced at Rs 44,990.
It comes in a super AMOLED display that has Schott Xensation UP protective layer. Further, it is said to have a Polar view Display as it comes with a max of 1200 nits brightness, FHD+, HDR10, and elegant design. Moreover, there is an in-display fingerprint sensor and two keys on the shoulder for gaming.
Powering the device is the flagship processor SD865, LPDDR5 RAM, and UFS 3.1 storage, making it one of the most desirable smartphones.
Also, it boasts Ultra gaming mode, 4D game vibrations, and a Monster mode that gets activated with the two shoulder keys.
An impressive 4400mAh battery that comes along with 55W Ultra Flash Charge technology will keep your hands glued on to the phone.
The rear of the phone comes packed with 4 cameras:
- 48MP-main camera with f/1.8 and Sony IMX582
- 13MP -a telephoto lens with f/2.46
- 13MP- ultrawide angle snapper with f/2.2
- 2 MP- Depth sensor with f/2.4
The front is mounted by a punch hole 16 MP selfie shooter with f/2.45 aperture and also sports smooth 4K video recording.
Specs for iQ003
- Design: 158.51 x 74.88 x 9.16 mm and 214.5 grams dimensions and weight respectively.
- Display: 6.4″ SAMOLED FHD+ Display , HDR10 with Screen resolution (1080 x 2400 pixels) , 409ppi
- Performance: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 with Kryo 585 and Adreno 650 GPU.
- Operating System: Android 10 with the iQoo UI 1.0
- Camera: Quad camera(48+13+13+2)MP with HDR and LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 16 MP Front camera with HDR
- Battery: 4,440mAh battery with proprietary 55W Super FlashCharge support.
- Storage: Max 256 GB with UFS 3.1 storage
- Connectivity: Dual Sim(Nano) with 5G/4G LTE
Pros: Fast Processor, No lags in multitasking, Gaming Monster, polar view display, future enabled-5G, fast charging, and huge battery
Cons: No 5G carriers as yet.
Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha 5G (Expected Price Rs. 45000)
Talking of futuristic 5G smartphones, Xiaomi announced the launch of Mi Mix Alpha in September last year. It is said to have 12GB RAM (LPDDR4X) with onboard 512GB with UFS3.0. The phone is priced at approximately 2 lakhs.
It flaunts an extensive display that covers the front, side frames as well as back. With more sensors and an in-screen fingerprint scanner on the flexible display and titanium alloy, it has set its revolutionary design level at par.
The interior is powered by Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485) Qualcomm SD855 designed especially for 5G Technology.
The battery is a nano silicon-based 4050mAh battery that comes with 40W proprietary fast charging.
The camera set up on the back is a trio lens that includes a huge108MP ultra-high-resolution main camera with f/1.69, a 20 MP ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 and a 12MP telephoto lens with f/2. With Dual LED Flash, HDR and a video recording max up to 3240p@30fps can be recorded. With this configuration, you will get clear results with even tiniest details.
Specs For Xiaomi MI Mix Alpha
- Design: 154.4 x 72.3 x 10.4 mm and 241 gm dimensions and weight respectively with glass front, ceramic back and titanium alloy body.
- Display: 7.92″ Flexible Super AMOLED display with 2088 x 2250 pixels screen resolution, 388 ppi.
- Performance: Octa-Core Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ and Adreno 640 GPU.
- Operating System: Android 10.0 based on MIUI 11
- Camera: (108+20+12)MP with Dual LED Flash and HDR.
- Battery: Li-Po 4050 mAh battery with 40W proprietary Fast charging.
- Storage: 512 GB storage with UFS 3.0
- Connectivity: Dual Sim(5G/4G)
Pros: 5G Enabled, futuristic display, camera
Cons: No 5G carrier, missing selfie camera, very expensive.
Realme X50 PRO 5G (Price Rs. 37,999)
Called the speed monster, the Realme X50 Pro 5G stays true to its tagline with an SD865 processor that sports a 25% enhanced CPU and GPU performance, LPDDR5 and UFS3.0 storage.
It was launched on 24the Feb in the following variants
- 6GB RAM+128GB storage priced at Rs 37,999
- 8GB RAM +128GB storage priced at Rs 39,999
- 12GB RAM + 256GB storage priced at Rs 44,999.
The color options are limited to Rust Red and Moss Green and will be available on sale soon on Flipkart and Realme.com
The phone has Multiple coating and AG Glass technology and an almost bezel-less SAMOLED Display. Glass front in a metal frame uses Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for protection.
With an in-display fingerprint scanner, HDR10, 90 Hz panel and up to 1000 nits brightness, the phone offers a high-end look.
At its heart it has the flagship processor-SD865 with a clock speed up to 2.84Ghz and Adreno 650 GPU. This makes the phone a gaming PRO.
Backed by 4200mAh battery that comes with 65W Super Dart Charging. Vapour Chamber cooling also keeps your phone cool under pressure.
The camera configuration is a quad camera on the rear with a 20x Hybrid zoom.
- 64 MP (Samsung Isocell GW1) Primary Camera with f/1.8
- 12 MP telephoto lens
- 8 MP ultra-wide-angle lens
- 2 MP depth sensor
The front is a dual selfie camera configuration
- 32MP (Sony IMX 616) main camera with an f/2.5 lens
- 8MP secondary sensor with an ultra-wide-angle lens.
You can record videos at 4k with 30fps but not very smooth results.
Specs for Realme X50 Pro 5G
- Design: Glass body in an aluminum frame. The phone has 159 x 74.2 x 8.9 mm and 205gm dimensions and weight respectively.
- Display: 6.44″ SAMOLED Display with HDR 10+,Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio and 409 ppi
- Performance: Octa-Core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 and Adreno 650
- Operating System: Android 10.0 based on realme UI 1.0
- Camera: Quad camera(64+12+8+2) MP with LED Flash and HDR
- Selfie camera: Dual Camera(32+8)MP with HDR.
- Battery: 4200 Li-Po Battery with 65W Super Dart charging.
- Storage: Up to 265 GB with UFS3.0 Storage
- Connectivity: Dual Sim(5G/4G Volte)
Pros: Premium Processor, Dual Selfie Camera, 65W Dart Charger.
Cons: No 5G Carrier, Not ideal for video recording(OIS)
Written By – Harpreet Kaur