Let’s Find Out Some of the Best Premium Smartphones on the Market
Updated – April 2018- If you are looking for a smartphone strictly in the range of Rs, 30,000 to Rs. 45,000. Here are the 10 Best High-end Flagship phones worth considering. We are not adding any smartphones below 30K (1-2 exceptions) to keep the list more about smartphones in the higher range.
While so much is happening in the low-end budget mobile space, the question comes, is there a need to buy a Flagship high-end smartphone?
The answer is Yes, while we have Xiaomi or Lenovo offering good low-cost mobiles, it makes sense to invest in a high-end smartphone like Lg G6 or OnePlus 5T.
There are many reasons to do that, however the Most compelling are :
- Premium Built Quality and User Experience.
- After sales service and User experience.
- Excellent Camera Quality, and long-term use without the need to worrying about the phone getting outdated.
- Style Quotient and status symbol.
High-end phones offer superior quality in comparison to budget specs loaded phones. So, when you play a 3D game, the low-cost Octa-core phone starts heating up, it just restarts for no reason, call quality is poor, hangs and not work smoothly despite the specs.
The screen is high resolution but still look crappy, poor color reproduction. The camera is 13 MP and clicks grainy, low-quality photos like a 5 MP camera.
An Apple or a Google Pixel may have some issues but definitely, quality control is much better on premium smartphones, and if you are someone, who like a beautiful screen to read articles, want better family pictures, need excellent user experience, you will never be satisfied with a low-end smartphone.
Let’s check out the 10 Best Smartphone Under Rs 40000 in India.
1. Huawei Honor 8 Pro
Price Rs. 26,999
Huawei launched the Huawei Honor 8 Pro in July 2017 in the Indian market, priced at Rs. 29,999. The Huawei Honor 8 Pro comes with an exquisite design and offers an all-metal build.
Display – The Honor 8 Pro has a large 5.7 Inch Quad HD resolution display and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and offers 74% screen to body ratio.
Design – The Honor mobile comes with a metallic back cover and has a premium look. There is a fingerprint scanner placed on the back, and the device has 7 mm thickness, weighs 184 grams.
Performance – The Honor 8 PRO offers 6 GB of Ram, and is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor clocked at 2.4 GHz, and comes with the Mali G71 MP8 GPU. The performance is great, and you won’t feel any lag on this smartphone.
Camera – The USP of the phone is its Dual Rear cameras with 12 Megapixel lens. There is one monochrome lens while the other lens is RGB. The front camera is an 8 Megapixel shooter for clicking selfies.
Battery and OS – The Honor 8 Pro runs on the Android Nougat 7.1 OS along with the EMUI 5.1 skin. There is 4000 mAH capacity battery that also supports fast charging.
Other features are NFC, USB Type C, Dual Sim and 4G VOLTE support.
Key Advantages – Great Quad HD Display, Dual Rear Camera, Large Battery Capacity.
2. Apple iPhone 7
Price Rs. 41,500
Even after the launch of iPhone 8, a lot of people are finding great value in the iPhone 7. The iPhone 7 comes with an ultra-fast A10 chipset and can compete with most smartphones, like Samsung S8 or OnePlus 5 as far as performance goes.
The iPhone 7 camera may not be as good as a Samsung S8, but on the positive side, iOS offers incredible experience and simplicity which Apple fans love.
Well, iPhone 7 revolutionary 3D touch display stands out and offer a unique experience.
Pros – It offers 4.7-inch 3D display, A10 chipset, 3 GB RAM & great Sony lens.
You can buy the iPhone 7 for Rs. 41,000.
Key Specifications Apple iPhone 7:
- Chipset: Quad-core Apple A10 processor clocked at 2.34 GHz.
- Display: 4.7 Inch LED-Backlit display with (750×1334) (~326 PPI). (16:9 Aspect Ratio).
- OS: iOS 11, upgradable to iOS 11.4.
- GPU: PowerVR Series7XT Plus with 6 Cores.
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 32/64/128 GB internal storage & no SD card support.
- Primary Camera: Single 12 MP, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, Phase detection autofocus, dual-tone flash.
- Secondary Camera : 7 MP, f/2.2, with HDR, Panorama, 1080p @60 fps.
- Sim: Single Sim with 4G VOLTE support
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes at the front.
- Waterproof and Dustproof – Yes, IP 67 Rating.
- 3.5 MM Headphone Jack – No.
- Battery capacity: Non-removable Li-ion 1960 mAh battery.
- Dimensions : 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm.
- Weight: 138 grams
- Stereo Speakers – Yes.
- 3D Touch – Yes.
- Colors – Black, Gold, Rose Gold, Gold, Silver.
3. OnePlus 5T (Top Rated)
Price Rs. 32,999 (64 GB, 6 GB RAM), Rs. 36,999 (128 GB, 8 GB RAM)
The OnePlus 5T is one of the best value for money smartphones under 35K. It is a top selling phone on Amazon India and Oneplus is able to capture a large share of the premium phone market with the launch of OnePlus 5 and 5T.
The OnePlus 5T comes with a 6.01 Inch AMOLED Display and Full HD+ resolution (2160*1080 pixels) and a 18:9 aspect ratio display.
Powering the mobile is the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and the Adreno 540 GPU. Additionally, there is ample storage and it comes with 6 GB / 8 GB Ram to ensure fluid experience.
Key Specs for OnePlus 5T
- Chipset: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Processor with Adreno 540 GPU.
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Display: 6.01 Inch FHD+ (2160*1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Panel with 18:9 Aspect Ratio.
- OS: Android Oreo 8.0 along with the Oxygen OS.
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB Ram.
- Storage: 64/128 GB internal storage & no SD card support.
- Primary Camera: Dual 16 MP+ 20 MP camera with f/1.7 aperture and EIS, Phase detection autofocus, dual-tone flash.
- Secondary Camera: 16 Megapixel front selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture, EIS, 1080P videos.
- Sim: Dual Sim (3G/4G) (LTE/VOLTE).
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes at the back of the device.
- Battery capacity: 3400 mAH with fast charging support (Dash Charging).
- Thickness – 7.3 mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- USB Type C Port – Yes
- Price – Starts at Rs. 32,999 in India.
4. Samsung Galaxy S7
Price Rs. 29,990
Samsung Galaxy S7 is the perfect Android smartphone with decent battery life, best camera, great looks and excellent user experience.
The OLED display and the camera on S7 are unmatched by any rival; even the more expensive iPhone 7 fails to compete. Google Pixel is a very close competition. After recent price drop from Rs. 48,900 to Rs. 35,900 it is a great smartphone to own.
Key Specifications Samsung S7 :
- Display: 5.2-inch SuperAMOLED capacitive touch screen (1440 x 2560) (~577 PPI).
- Chipset: Quad-core Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 processor (or) Octa-core Exynos 8890 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz.
- GPU: Adreno 530 or Mali-T880 MP12.
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Storage: 32 GB internal storage, expandable up to 256 GB via SD card.
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f/1.7, 26 mm, auto phase detection autofocus, OIS.
- Secondary camera: 5 MP, f/1.7, 22 mm, dual video call, HDR.
- Sim : Single / Dual Sim (4G/3G) (LTE)
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Battery capacity: Non-removable Li-ion 3000 mAh battery.
- Weight: 152 grams.
- Dimensions : 142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm.
- Fast Charging: Yes
Key Specs for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Price Rs. 35,999)
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8890 Processor.
- GPU – Adreno 530, Mali-T880 MP12
- Screen Size – 5.5 inch 2k Display(2560*1440) , 534 PPI
- Dual Sim –No
- RAM – 4 GB RAM
- Operating System – Android Marshmallow 6.0 with the TouchWiz UI.
- Finger Print Scanner – Yes
- Camera – 12.3 MP and 5 MP Front camera.
- Connectivity – 2G, 3G & 4G, WIFI, Bluetooth.
- Storage – 32 GB internal Storage – expandable to 200 GB.
- Battery Capacity – Li-ion 3600 mAh.
- Thickness – 7.7 mm
- Weight – 157 grams
Overall Score – 8.7/10
5. HTC 10
Price Rs. 38,000
HTC 10 competes with the Samsung S7 and offers excellent display, best audio experience and near stock Android UI. If you are not a fan of glass build, HTC 10 can be a tempting option with all metallic build and exquisite design.
This device boasts of a 5.2 inch Quad HD display, Snapdragon 820 chipset, 12 Ultra Pixel camera. The smartphone also has got a price cut from the launch price of Rs. 52,999, by approx. Rs. 15,000.
Key Specifications for HTC 10:
- Chipset: Quad core, Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset clocked at 2.15 GHz.
- Display: 5.2 inch Super LCD5 Capacitive touch screen (1440×2560) (~565 PPI).
- RAM : 4 GB
- OS: Android OS, v7.0 (Nougat).
- Storage: 32/64 GB internal storage, expandable up to 256 GB via SD Card.
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Primary Camera: 12 UP, f/1.8, 26 mm, OIS, laser autofocus, dual-tone LED flash.
- Secondary Camera: 5 UP, f/1.8, 23 mm, OIS, autofocus, HDR, 1080p.
- Sim: Single Sim/ Dual Sim (4G/3G) (LTE)
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-ion 3000 mAH battery.
- Dimensions: 145.9 x 71.9 x 9 mm
- Weight: 161 gms.
- Fast charging: Yes
6. LG G6
LG unveiled the LG G6 at the MWC, in February 2017. The smartphone was launched in India in April 2017. The LG G6 is priced close to 40k and offers excellent value for money.
Display – The key highlight of the LG G6 is its 5.7-inch 18:9 QHD+ FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 offering 564 PPI). The screen comes with curved edges, and it makes the smartphone look futuristic, similar to the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Dual Camera – The other notable feature for the LG G6 is its Dual Rear camera, which comes with 13 MP wide f/2.4 aperture lens and another 13 MP standard lens with f/1.8 aperture. The camera even has optical image stabilization.
The front camera is a 5 Megapixel wide angle shooter.
The LG G6 offers excellent imaging and photography options for buyers and is slightly better in my opinion compared to the crowd favorite OnePlus 5.
Performance – The phone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor similar to the one used in OnePlus 3T. The processor comes with the Adreno 530 GPU and 4 GB Ram.
The phone runs on the Android Nougat 7.0 along with the LG UX 6.0; it will also get the Android Oreo 8.0 update.
Further, the G6 comes with Water and Dust resistant design and has IP 68 rating. The mobile also has exceptional sound quality and uses the HIFI DAC.
The LG G6 includes features like Bluetooth, WIFI, USB Type C, NFC, and rear mounted Fingerprint scanner.
Lastly, the phone has a 3300 mAH capacity battery which supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The G6 weighs 163 grams and has a thickness of 7.9 mm.
The mobile is currently priced at Rs 37,999.
7. OnePlus 5
Price – Rs. 32,999 and 37,999
Oneplus 5 was launched in July 2017 and comes with the latest specs and is a crowd favorite. The smartphone comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clocked at 2.45 GHz and has Adreno 540 GPU.
The smartphone comes in two variants 64 GB storage and 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage and 8 GB ram priced at Rs. 32,999 and Rs. 37,999 respectively.
The key highlight of the Oneplus 5 is its Dual Rear camera with 16 MP + 20 Megapixel lens. The smartphone also has a 16 MP front selfie camera that can click detailed selfies.
Other Key Features for OnePlus 5 are Dual Sim, 4G Volte, Fingerprint Scanner, and USB Type C port.
The mobile comes with the Android Nougat 7.1 OS along with the Oxygen UI and will also get the Oreo update early. It has 3300 mAH capacity battery that supports dash charging.
Lastly, the mobile weighs 155 grams and has a thickness of 7.3 mm.
OnePlus 5 has an iPhone 7 Plus like the design, and it offers super fast performance.
8. Google Pixel
Price Rs. 39,000 (650$)
The Google Pixel was launched at the end of 2016 and is the successor to the Google Nexus 6P. The Google Pixel comes with the latest Android OS 7.0 and will be one of the first devices to get Android Oreo 8.0 update.
The Pixel comes with exceptional quality 12 Megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and optical image stabilization. The rear camera on the Google Pixel is one of the best you can find in this price range. The front selfie camera has an 8 MP lens.
The smartphone is also very compact and comes with 5.0 Inch display with Full HD resolution (1920*1080) and an AMOLED panel. Powering the phone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor similar to the LG G6 and the OnePlus 3T.
There is 4 GB of ram, and the phone comes with 32 GB expandable storage. The phone has 2800 mAH battery that supports fast charging. The Pixel weighs 143 grams and has 8.3 mm thickness.
There is a fingerprint scanner at the back of the device to ensure quick unlocking. The Google Pixel is not too far behind when compared to the latest Google Pixel 2, the company has launched recently.
9. Samsung C9 Pro Large 6.0 Inch Display, 6 GB RAM
Samsung launched the Samsung C9 Pro in the Indian market recently. It is the first Samsung smartphone to come with 6 GB of RAM.
Notably, if you are looking for a large display smartphone, the C9 pro can be the best choice.
The Samsung C9 Pro comes with 6.0 Inch Super AMOLED Display and has Full HD resolution (1920*1080) pixels.
Further, the smartphone is powered by the super fast Snapdragon 653 Octa-Core processor clocked at 2.0 GHz and comes with Adreno 510 GPU.
Besides, there is 6 GB ram, and the phone comes with 64 GB of internal storage, which can be expanded further using the micro-sd card.
The Samsung C9 Pro has a USB Type C port and also comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack. Additionally, the phone has a large 4000 mAH capacity battery which is ideally suited for its prominent display.
The mobile runs on the Android Marshmallow 6.0 OS and will also get the Android Nougat 7.0 update. The metallic phone weighs 180 grams and has a thickness of 6.99 mm (sleek design).
Another Key highlight of the device is it’s 16 Mega Pixel rear camera which comes with f/1.9 aperture lens, PDAF, and Dual LED Lens.
Lastly, the smartphone also has an incredible 16 Mega Pixel front selfie camera with f/1.9 aperture.
Overall it is an excellent phone with large display and a good camera, priced at Rs. 24,999.
10. Huawei View 10
The Huawei Honor View 10 is one of the most popular phones in the Sub 30k price range and is an excellent competitor to the OnePlus 5T. We did a detailed comparison of the Huawei View 10 Vs OnePlus 5T couple of days back, you may like to check that out.
The Huawei Honor View 10 comes with the ultra-fast Kirin 970 processor and the Mali G72 GPU that offers performance equivalent to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 used in the Google Pixel 2 or the Oneplus 5T.
Additionally, the phone has NPU (Neural Processing Unit) that allows it to use AI (Artificial Intelligence) in different tasks like imaging and selfies. Overall it is a great phone if you have a budget around 30k.
Key Specifications for HTC 10:
- Processor: Octa Core, Hi-Silicon Kirin 970 with 2.4 GHz Clock Speed and the Mali G72 GPU.
- Display: 5.99 inch Super LCD display with 18:9 aspect ratio (2160×1080) (~403 PPI).
- RAM: 6 GB
- OS: Android OS, v8.0 (Oreo) along with the EMUI 8.0.
- Storage: 128 GB internal storage, expandable up to 256 GB via SD Card.
- Primary Camera: Dual 16 MP + 20 MP camera, f/1.8, uses AI to detect scenes and enhance images.
- Secondary Camera: 13 Megapixel front selfie camera with Portrait Mode.
- Dual Sim 4G VOLTE Support.
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes at the back of the device.
- Battery Capacity: Non-removable Li-ion 3750 mAH battery.
- Thickness – 7 mm
- Weight: 172 gms.
- Fast charging: Yes.
- USB Type C Port – Yes.
- Dust and Waterproof – No.
- Colors – Navy Blue, Black, Gold.
There are some great suggestions in the article – 10 Best mobiles below Rs. 50,000 which you may like to consider before making a purchase.
Also, I recently wrote about some of the best phones worth buying in the 25K to 30K price range.