If you are looking for the Best Drones in India that you can buy and fly legally, we have got you covered with some of the top suggestions.
In 1930, Drones were first introduced by the USA military to keep an eye on the enemy forces. But with the passage of time drones are now getting used for many different purposes.
Now we use them for shooting videos (commercial videos, movies, wedding shoots), entertainment for kids, delivering packages, military surveillance, and a lot more.
There are several types of drones available in the market some require a license and others are free to use in the no-fly zones. Read More about the drone laws at the end of this article.
Different Types of Drones Available in India
In India, drones are divided into five categories:
- Nano drones – These have a weight equal to less than 250 grams.
- Microdrones – weigh between 250 grams to 2 kilograms.
- Small drones – weighs between 2 kilograms to 25 kilograms.
- Medium drones – are huge and can weigh between 25 kilograms to 150 kilograms.
- Large drones – These weigh more than 150 kg.
Further, there are some rules under which the drone has to fly in India but you will be happy to hear that there are very few restrictions on flying nano drones.
For Nano drones, the only major rule is to not fly these in the “No-Fly Zones” like near any Airport, or international borders, and if you are living in Delhi, then even not on the Vijay Chowk and many other places.
We have selected the best drones that are available for purchase online and these fall under either the nano or micro-drones category.
Note – The most affordable drones don’t have a camera and these just meant for flying purpose.
Let’s start our list of Best Drones In India with one of the most basic Nano drones you can buy on the market.
Best Drones In India (Guide To Buying Your First Drone)
1). AK ANOLIHK HX750 Drone Quadcopter with Extra propellers
Price – Rs. 1999
The HX750 drone is good for entertainment purposes and especially for beginners who want to learn how to fly a drone. This is one of the most affordable drones you can buy and have fun with.
‘It comes with a 3 blade propeller and it adopts a 2.4G 6 Axis Gyro Technology therefore it provides stability, less interference, and flexibility while flying.
The HX750 drone also does a 360-degree rollover that defines its flexibility and it has a 4 led indicator at its bottom so that you can locate your drone while flying at night.
For operating the drone, first, you have to connect the coming cable from the drone to the battery connector after that just slide the button from OFF to ON present on the remote controller.
Talking about the controller, At the top, it has a sliding ON/OFF button, One joystick on the right is for direction, and another joystick for the take-off, one key return, and headless mode.
At the front of the controller, it has 2 buttons in which the right button is for 360-degree flip and the left button is for accelerating the speed of the drone.
The AK ANOLIHK HX750 Drone is available online for purchase along with a price tag of Rs 1,999.
Key Specification: AK ANOLIHK HX750 Drone
- Drone weight – 33 grams.
- Frequency – 2.4G.
- Flying range – 30 meters.
- Offers less interference.
- has a 4-LED indicator.
- Perform a 360-degree flip.
- Also has 3-speed modes.
- Good for kids, and beginners.
- Comes with 2 extra propellers.
- Flying time – 6-9 minutes per charge.
- easy controls.
- Fast speed.
- No cameras
- Average Stability and Reliability.
2). Kiditos Syma X20 Mini Pocket RC Drone
Price Rs. 2999
The Syma X20 mini drones are made with a high standard material that provides higher toughness and is better corrosion-resistant.
It has a new one-touch fly function that operates when you press the top right and top left buttons at the same time which are present at the front of the controller.
The Syma X20 mini drone can do a 360-degree rollover and also has a hover function that provides you stable flying even if your hands are free from the controller.
Talking about its protection, it has low battery protection its indicator lights start flashing once the battery is low.
You can return your drone to safety and if the battery is not sufficient for returning don’t worry it doesn’t fall instead, it will automatically land itself.
Additionally, it comes with another protection known as overcurrent protection: if the propellers of the drone are being knocked and jammed then it will automatically stop the movement of the propellers to protect the drone from damage.
For purchase, the Syma X20 mini drone is available on Amazon at a price tag of Rs 2,999.
Key Specification: Kiditos Syma X20 Mini Pocket RC Drone
- Drone weight – 80 grams.
- Frequency – 2.4G.
- Flying range – 20 meters.
- Comes with altitude hold and headless mode.
- Also has a LED indicator.
- low battery and overcurrent protection.
- Comes with 4 extra fans.
- Packs with a 180mAH rechargeable battery.
- Charging time – 50 minutes.
- Flying time – 5 minutes.
- Good for beginners.
- Stylish and durable body.
- Adopt good safety measures.
- Flying time and range is less.
- Battery charging time is high.
Next, on our list of Best Drones In India is a Micro Drone.
3). Amitasha 2.4GHz Altitude Hold RC Camera Drone
Price Rs. 5299
This drone is a micro-drone therefore you may have to take some permission and follow rules while flying it.
The Amitasha Micro Drone comes with a 2MP camera at its front for shooting video and clicking photos. You can use it for making youtube or home videos. These will not be very high quality as it has a very basic camera.
With its 3.7V 1000mAH battery capacity, you can use this drone for up to 12 minutes per charge within the range of 35 meters.
If your drone propellers get damaged then don’t worry, this drone comes with some extra propellers in the box.
The Amitasha RC drone is available online for purchase at a price of Rs 5,299.
Key Specification: Amitasha 2.4GHz Altitude
- Drone weight – 310 grams.
- Frequency – 2.4G.
- Flying range – up to 35 meters.
- has a 2MP camera.
- can also do a 360-degree rollover stunt.
- Battery capacity – 1000mAh.
- Charging time – up to 50 minutes.
- Provides 12 minutes of flying time.
- Decent flying time.
- The flying range is good
- The camera is average.
- Can’t Fly in many areas due to restrictions.
4). Pioneer Foldable Drone with Dual Cameras (Recommended)
Price – Rs. 6,999
The Pioneer foldable drone looks premium and you surely will love it at the first sight the specs are also amazing. It looks like a Sci-fi flying robot, straight out of Hollywood movies.
Firstly, it comes with dual cameras – the primary camera is 7MP and the secondary camera is 2MP which provides you with decent photos and video quality.
Additionally, you can also take selfies by using a hand gesture and can easily switch between two cameras. In fact, one of these is an ultra-wide lens.
Talking about some of its other features, it can do a 360-degree rollover, one key take-off and landing, headless mode, speed acceleration, and gesture photography.
It comes with a 1200mAH battery which provides a flying time of up to 8 to 10 minutes per charge and it has a flying range of 40 to 50 meters.
The Pioneer foldable drone with a dual camera is available for purchase at a price tag of Rs 6,999.
Key Specification: Pioneer Foldable Drone
- Drone weight – 167 grams.
- Frequency range – 2.4G.
- Flying range – 40-50 meters.
- Comes with a dual-camera (7MP+2MP).
- can do a 360-degree flip and has gesture photography support.
- Also has a LED to locate drones at night.
- Battery capacity – 1200mAH.
- Provides you up to 8-10 minutes flying time.
- High flying range.
- Comes with decent cameras.
- Stability is not great.
5). SHIFT IZI Nano Drone
Price – Rs. 13,999
The body of the drone is built with high-grade polycarbonate material and it also comes with an intuitive one-hand controller that works on NFMS(Near Field Micro-Sensing) technology that gives precision control.
Firstly, it offers a 5MP single camera that can able to record a high-quality FHD 1080p video at 30fps.
Additionally, The drone has vision recognition, and also comes with various sensors to provide the optimal flight experience to beginners and experts too.
Besides, it has some intelligent features like follow me mode, Lezero Pilot Mode 4 autonomous tracking modes & 4 pre-programmed flight modes that keep you in the frame no matter what.
You can easily share content on the web with the help of the ‘SHIFT App’.
Lastly, It comes with a detachable battery which provides a flying time of up to 13 minutes per charge and offers a max. flying range of up to 300 meters.
Key Specification: SHIFT IZI Nano Drone
- Drone weight – 93 grams.
- Dual Frequency range – 2.4G or 5.0G.
- Flying range – 300 meters.
- Comes with a single 5MP camera.
- Able to record 1080p video at 30fps.
- Comes with a ‘Shift app’ to easily share content on the web.
- Has a LED indicator to locate the drone at night.
- detachable battery.
- Provides you with up to 13 minutes of flying time.
- Wide flying range.
- More flying time.
- Can record FHD video.
- Flight control is a bit difficult.
Pluto – X – Drone With HD Camera
Price – Rs. 12,999
Pluto X is a little different than other drones on the list because it is a programmable drone and its C++-based API structure makes it extremely easy to program.
Users can add a new sensor and attachments to create new applications including rover, racing, collision avoidance, and more.
Additionally, it comes with a wifi camera that can be used to capture HD videos and images using ROS-based image processing.
The drone can be controlled using the smartphone App ‘Pluto Controller’ that is available on the Play Store and App Store for Android and iPhone users respectively.
Furthermore, it offers you up to 8 minutes of flying time after a full charge and can fly in the range of 50-80 meters.
Key Specification: Pluto – X
- Drone weight – 70 grams.
- Flying range – 50-80 meters.
- It comes with a WiFi camera.
- Able to record HD videos and photos.
- It can be controlled using the smartphone with the help of the Pluto controller app.
- Programmable and Crash resistant drone.
- It provides you with up to 8 minutes of flying time.
- Decent flying range and time.
- Crash resistant.
- The camera quality is not so good.
7). DJI Tello Boost Combo – Mini Drone (Recommended)
Price – Rs. 14,999
DJI is a well-known brand in the drone market and they make cool drones that have some fantastic specs DJI Tello is one of them.
The Tello mini-drone comes with a camera that is able to capture 5MP photos and you can also shoot 720pixels videos.
Additionally, it also supports electronic image stabilization that makes videos more stable. You can use this drone to capture videos for parties or for your Youtube Channel.
Don’t expect very high quality but it is still usable and better than most of the drones listed above.
But, the flying range of this drone is surprisingly less which is 15 meters above ground level and the flying time of the drone is up to 13 minutes which is acceptable.
For purchase, the drone is available on Amazon along with a price tag of Rs 14,490.
Key Specification: DJI Tello Boost Combo
- Drone weight – 80 grams.
- Frequency – 2.4G.
- Flying range – 15 meters above ground level.
- Comes with a 5MP camera and 720px video shoot support.
- Also has Electronic image stabilization support.
- packs with 3 lithium-ion batteries.
- provides a flying time of 13 minutes.
- Amazing camera quality and features.
- Flying time is also good.
- Stable and durable.
- The flying range is less.
8). DJI Mavic Mini Fly Drone (Recommended)
Price Rs. 88,999
This DJI Mavic Mini drone is compact and portable, you can take it anywhere if you plan to make travel videos or want to make some cool videos.
You can also use it professionally for wedding photography and films due to its amazing features.
It supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K Quad HD video (better than Full HD) and its 3-axis motorized gimbal provides clear and ultra-smooth footage.
Additionally, the dedicated remote controller maintains an HD video feed at a distance of up to 4Km.
For safety, the DJI Mavic Mini drone comes with 360-degree propeller guards to protect the fans from any type of damage.
By using the new DJI fly app you will get a simple and intuitive user experience that also allows you to create cinematic shots with just a few taps.
talking about its flying time, So it offers you a massive flying time of 30 minutes with a fully charged battery.
For purchase, the drone is available on Amazon along with a price tag of Rs 88,999.
Key Specification: DJI Mavic Mini
- Drone weight – 249 grams.
- Flying range – 4 Kilometers above ground level.
- Comes with a 12MP camera and offers 2.7K Quad HD video shoot support.
- offers Stability during the wind.
- Has a DJI fly app to simplify video recording and editing.
- Also has a vision sensor and GPS precise hover support.
- Packs with 3 lithium polymer batteries.
- provides a flying time of 30 minutes.
- Awesome camera quality and features.
- The flying range is incredible.
- Amazing flying time.
- Pretty Costly.
Recommended Reading – More About the Drone Laws and Regulations in India.