Lets check out some of the best upcoming smartphones likely to launch in next few months from pioneers like Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, HTC and Google.
The focus has been completely shifted, from large computing devices (PC and laptop) to incredibly powerful smartphones with devices like OnePlus 5 having 8 GB RAM or Samsung using its DEX technology to turn your phone into a PC.
Computers and laptops are quickly getting replaced with highly capable smartphones with ever exceeding computing power, I don’t have to switch on a laptop now for lot of tasks. Responsive website designs and Apps have made the internet a great place for mobiles. Smartphones like the Samsung S8, Xiaomi Mi Mix and the Huawei Honor Magic showcase what future smartphones will be like.
Smartphones are no more just a mode to communicate, they are being used to do so much and in ways never imagined before.
Here is a list of some of the Future upcoming smartphones expected to release in 2017 and beyond.
7 Upcoming Smartphones 2017 – Future Phones – Lets Start with Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Samsung Galaxy Note S8
Smasung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus comes with Infinite display 6.3-inch QHD+ display, with an aspect ratio of 18:5:9. which makes them bezel-less phones with minimal top and bottom bezels. The Samsung Note 8 is expected to launch on 23 August ahead of the LG V30.
Samsung Note 8 can come with higher Ram – 6 GB compared to the 4 GB Ram on the S8 and S8 Plus. It will be powered by the same Snapdragon 835 processor or the Exynos 8895 Chipset for some of the regions.
Another notable highlight of the smartphone can be Dual 13 Megapixel rear camera.
After the last year battery debacle Samsung is going to be careful especially with the batteries on the Note 8 and it may not come with a very large battery capacity.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 :
- 6.3-inch QHD+ display, with an aspect ratio of 18:5:9.
- Quad HD+ Display with (2960*1440) Pixels resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Exynos 8895 64-bit (Indian variant)
- 4 GB RAM/64 GB internal storage (or) 6 GB RAM/128 GB storage
- 13 MP Dual Rear camera with Dual-Pixel technology with PDAF (Phase Detection & Auto Focus), Dual Tone LED Flash, f/1.7 & 4 axis OIS
- 8 MP front snapper
- 3600 mAh battery with fast charging technology and USB-C port
- Runs on Touchwiz UI with Android OS 7.1, Nougat
- Finger print sensor at the back
- Water and Dustproof
- Bixby Assistant
- Face Recognition
Apple iPhone 8
Upcoming Smartphones 2017 – Apple will be celebrating it’s 10th anniversary in the year 2017. So, we are likely to expect some radical redesigning when it comes to the upcoming IPhone.
iPhone 8 will be sporting a OLED screen. This helps in reduction of the thickness, better battery life & more true-to-life colors. Apple iPhone 8 can have the Dual camera support and also the support for AR (Augmented Reality).
Apple will be releasing two normal variants and a premium variant. Super fast A11 chipset which TMSC has started manufacturing. The iPhone 8 will come with the new iOS 11 for more stability and better battery life.
Recently there was a news that the Apple iPhone 8 can come with ground breaking 3D camera which can change the way photography is done on smartphones. Another notable feature that Apple can provide is a fingerprint scanner below the display. The phone will have a continuous display and a touch type fingerprint scanner will be placed below it.
Expected Specs for iPhone 8 / iPhone :
- 5.5 inch OLED screen, bezel free display
- Finger print sensor & Front camera embedded in the screen
- Touch ID integrated for faster unlocking & Apple payments
- Super fast A11 chipset
- 3 GB RAM
- Runs on upgraded iOS 11
- Water proof technology and dust proof technology
- No head phone jack
- USB type C reversible port with fast charging technology
- Wireless charging technology
- Water and Dustproof
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi launched a bezel free phone, one of it’s kind in china only. This device sure does set a standard for future phones. It sports a massive 6.4 inch IPS LCD display. There is no bezel at all on the three sides of the display on the current Mi Mix and the second gen device is also expected to come with over 90% screen to body ratio.
The upcoming Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor clocked at 2.35 GHz along with the Adreno 540 GPU.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 was confirmed by the Xiaomi CEO that the smartphone is in works and will be released likely in the second half of 2017.
Specs for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 :
- 90%+ bezel free 6.4 inch IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa Core 64 Bit Processor
- Quad core processor clocked at 2.35 GHz speed
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6 GB RAM/256 GB internal storage (or) 4 GB RAM/128 GB internal storage
- No SD card support
- Finger print sensor on the rear below the camera
- 8 MP front camera on the bottom
- 12 MP Dual Rear Shooter with OIS and 4K Video recording support.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
Xiaomi Redmi Note lineup has been great value for money in India. Note 3 is the highest sold mobile phone in India in 2016. Recent addition to this is Redmi Note 4 launched on Flipkart exclusively at a starting price of 9,999.
The reason for this series to be hit is the features and quality they offer for affordable price. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 was recently spotted on the Chinese certification website and some of the details got leaked.
Key Specs for Note 5:
- Display: 5.5 inch Curved IPS FHD display with a slab of 2.5 D glass atop and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 too
- Chipset: Snapdragon 652(India)/ Media Tek Helio X20
- Processor: Deca-core for Helio & Octa-core for Snapdragon chipset
- RAM: 3 GB/ 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB for 3 GB and 4 GB for 64 GB in-built storage
- Cameras : 16 MP Rear camera with PDAF at f/2.0 aperture & 8 MP front camera with wide angle lens
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Dual Sim(4G/3G) with VoLTE, Bluetooth
- Finger print sensor: Front mounted and embedded in the home button
- Battery: 4100 mAh non-removable supporting quick charge technology 3.0
- Expected Price: 11,000 for 3 GB RAM & 14,000 for 4 GB RAM variants
Read More about the Upcoming Xiaomi Note 5.
Upcoming Smartphones 2017 – Lg V30 is going to launch on 31 August as per the Media Invite shared by the company.
LG V30 is going to come with the Dual Rear camera similar to the LG G6 or the LG G6 Plus which was recently launched. The smartphone will come with an improved and faster processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Chipset compared to Snapdragon 821 on the
The smartphone comes with 5.7-inch Quad HD+ (2,880 x 1,440 resolution) screen which is absolutely gorgeous to use. The LG G6 comes with an unusual 18:9 aspect ratio and has 7.9 mm thickness.
The smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor and comes with 4 GB of RAM. The key highlight of the smartphone is it’s Dual rear camera setup which comes with 13 Mega Pixel resolution and f/1.8 aperture. There is a 5 Mega pixel front selfie camera.
Key Specs for LG V30
- Chipset: Qualcomm®Snapdragon™ 835 Processor Clocked at 2.45 GHz.
- Graphics Processor – Adreno 540 GPU
- Display: 5.7 inch 18:9 QHD+ FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 540 ppi).
- Memory: 6 GB LPDDR4 RAM / 64 GB UFS 2.1 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Camera Dual: 13 MP + 13 MP Camera Lens with OIS 2.0 (F/ 1.8 with 71° lens).
- Front Camera – 8 MP Wide ( F/ 2.2 with 100°)
- Battery: 3,300 mAh(embedded) , Qualcomm Quick Charge™ 3.0
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible).
- Other: Water and Dust Resistant IP 67 rating
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Dolby Vision™
- Sound – 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC