Let’s check out some of the best upcoming smartphones with expected Specs, Price and launch date, likely to launch in next few months from the top brands like Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, HTC, and Google.
The focus has been entirely shifted, from large computing devices (PC and laptop) to incredibly powerful smartphones with devices like OnePlus 6 having 8 GB RAM or Samsung using its DEX technology to turn your phone into a PC.
Computers and laptops are quickly getting replaced with highly capable smartphones with ever exceeding computing power; I don’t have to switch on a computer now for a lot of tasks. Responsive website designs and Apps have made the internet a great place for mobiles. Smartphones like the iPhone X, Samsung S9 Plus, and the Huawei P20 PRO showcase what future smartphones will be.
Also, there are modern gaming phones like the Asus Rog, Xiaomi Black Shark or the Razer Phone pushing the performance boundaries. Recently Vivo launched the Vivo X21, yet another innovative device that comes with an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Phones are no more just a mode to communicate, they are used to do so much more and in ways never imagined before.
Here is a list of some of the Future upcoming smartphones expected to release in 2018 and beyond.
7 Upcoming Smartphones in India 2018 – From Top Brands
The first half of 2018 is almost gone, and a number of smartphones including the Flagship devices like Samsung Galaxy S9, OnePlus 6 are already up for the grabs.
On the other hand, other major contenders in the smartphone world are prepping themselves up for their yearly launch announcements.
We will take a look at some of the upcoming smartphones, that are supposed to hit the market soon.
8APPLE iPhone SE 2
Apple has always been able to shift the momentum in the smartphone market with its cult following among a large user base.
In a bid to compete with its rivals that have phablet-like devices in their line-ups, Apple currently has an iPhone X (pronounced 10), iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus.
Also, there is an iPhone SE (Special Edition), whose next generation is long overdue, and was announced back in 2016.
Various rumors suggest that to rule an upper mid-range segment, Apple may soon launch an iPhone SE 2.
Some rumors suggest that iPhone SE 2’s mass production has already started in the first quarter of 2018.
Whereas, others suggest that there will be 4a .2-inch display while having an Apple A10 chipset inside.
Expected Specs for Apple iPhone SE 2
- Chipset: Apple A10
- Display: 2-inch LCD display with 640 x 1136 resolution
- Memory: 2 GB Ram, Storage – 32 GB or 128 GB.
- Rear Camera Dual: 12 Megapixel iSight camera
- Front Camera – 5 Megapixel FaceTime
- Battery: 3300 mAH with Qualcomm QC 3.0 Technology.
- Operating System: LG UX 6.0 and Nougat 7.1.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 support, Near Field Communication, USB Type-C port.
- Unlocking Mechanism – FaceID
7GOOGLE PIXEL 3 XL
Google Pixel 3 XL is one of the most keenly-awaited smartphones of the year, and it comes from the house of Google.
There have been a ton of rumors surrounding the phone, although there is no word from the Google itself, whether it is about its production, pricing, or the availability.
Although rumors from Bloomberg points to this that Google will debut Pixel 3 XL in October this year.
Moreover, the report from the same source suggests that it will come with a notch on top of its display, just like the one on Apple iPhone X.
Expected Specs for the Google Pixel 3 XL
- 6.2-inch AMOLED Display, 1440 x 2880, 537 PPI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, Octa-core, Adreno 630 GPU
- 6 GB RAM and 64 GB storage
- 12.2 MP dual-camera setup, dual-LED flash
- 8 MP Front snapper
- 3600 mAh battery with fast charging technology
- Android P
- Fingerprint sensor – YES
- Water and Dustproof – IP 67 Rating
Vivo has been launching quite innovative phones lately including the new Vivo X21. Next in their line-up is Vivo Nex.
Vivo Nex is slated to be launched on 12 June, in Shanghai at a launch event. During recent months, there have been numerous reports and rumors about its features.
Vivo Nex was dubbed as Vivo Apex when it was formally introduced at MWC 2018 in March this year. Although the company didn’t reveal any details of the upcoming Nex phone, it is expected to come with a 5.99-inch display, that is completely bezel-less, and has a near 91 % screen to body ratio.
It is said to come with a selfie camera, and therefore, will have a pop-up mechanism on top of it. Also, the various sensors are embedded under its display in order to provide users with a true full-screen experience.
Expected Specs for Vivo Apex
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Snapdragon 660 processor
- Display : 99-inch display, 1080*2160 with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Memory : 6 GB or 8 GB RAM, Storage – 256 GB or 128 GB.
- Rear Camera Dual: 12 Megapixel
- Front Camera – 8 Megapixel pop-up
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Connectivity: USB Type-C port.
- Fingerprint scanner: In-display
5Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiomi Mi A2 is supposed to be launched soon. It is rumored to have a 5.99-inch screen that will come with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels at a pixel density of 403 PPI.
Moreover, it will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core processor clocked at 2.2 GHz and will have 6 GB and 4 GB RAM variants, while internal storage will be 128 GB, 64 GB or 32 GB.
Lastly, it may come with a dual-setup 12 MP + 20 MP camera module for the rear, while a whopping 20 MP front camera will be there for taking selfies.
- Processing chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Display: 99-inch IPS LCD display with 1080*2160 resolution, 18:9 ratio, 403 PPI
- Storage: 4 GB RAM or 6 GB RAM, 128GB/64GB/32GB
- Front Camera: Dual 12 MP (f/1.8) + 20 MP (f/1.8), PDAF, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 20 Megapixel (f/1.8), Auto HDR with 1080p video
- Battery: 3010 mAh
- OS: Android One or Android Oreo
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 support, USB Type-C port.
- Unlocking Mechanism – Fingerprint reader at the back.
4Motorola One Power
After Moto X4, which was revealed last year, One Power is thought to be the second Android One phone from the Lenovo-owned smartphone manufacturer.
While actual details of the upcoming device are still not revealed by official sources, there is a slew of rumors making rounds on the internet.
As per some leaks, Motorola One Power will have a Snapdragon 636 processor on board, alongside 6GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage. It will also carry a full HD+ display.
Camera department wise, it may have main camera setup of 16 MP + 5 MP with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. Whereas, the secondary camera will supposedly be a 16MP shooter with 1080p video and f/1.9 aperture.
Expected Specs of Motorola One Power
- Screen – 6.28-inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio with 402 PPI
- Processor – Snapdragon 636 Octa-core at 1.8 GHz clock speed, Adreno 509 GPU
- 6 GB Ram / 64 GB storage, expandable up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera – 16 MP + 5 MP Dual Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Selfie Camera.
- 3780 mAh battery
- 4G VOLTE and USB-C port
- Android Oreo
- Fingerprint scanner at the rear
3SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 9
Samsung Note series has always a loyal fan-following among users of big-screen phones.
Nonetheless, Samsung Note phones have indeed been some of the best phablet-sized smartphones out there.
So far this year, Galaxy S9 and S9+ have been keeping the Samsung in a very high position in the smartphone race.
But the things could soon change when Samsung introduces its Galaxy Note 9 phablet in the global market.
There are some leaks and rumors, suggesting that Samsung may launch Note 9 much earlier than expected. And it could be just 2 months away from now for the unveiling.
Expected Specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9:
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED, 1440 x 2960 pixels at 514 PPI
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Snapdragon 845 Octa-core processor with Mali-G72 MP18
- RAM: 6 GB
- Memory: 64 GB or 128 GB or 256 GB
- Cameras: 12 MP + 12 MP Dual Rear camera with PDAF and 2X optical zoom
- Front Camera – 8-Megapixel shooter
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Dual Sim(4G/3G) with VoLTE, Bluetooth
- Updated S-Pen with new features
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear-mounted
- Battery: 3850 mAh non-removable, Fast Charging supported
The Turing smartphone is one of the most mysterious devices ever announced and is most radically different when compared to anything on this list.
The smartphone is alleged to come with insane 18 GB of Ram, powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 and will have a 4K display.
A dream device with every spec blow out of proportion is what the company is dreaming.
1Microsoft Surface Phone
Microsoft is nowhere seen these days in the smartphone market. It is sad to know that it holds just 1% share in the mobile market. Windows phones are outdated after Microsoft took over.
The 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage might come with this device. A 21 MP rear shooter and an 8 MP front snapper can be expected too.
Expected Specs for Microsoft Surface Phone :
- Quad HD 5.7 inch AMOLED display
- 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution
- Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 830 chipset
- 8 GB RAM (DDR4) / 512 GB internal storage
- 21 MP rear camera & 8 MP front camera with Carl Zeiss wide angled lens
- Surface pen and keyboard integrated into the flip cover
- In-built kickstand
- 4000 mAh battery
What to Expect from Future Smartphones 2020?
If I have to visualize the future of smartphones and concepts and ideas for 2020 – here are the top 6 future ideas which will be popular in coming years.
Great Battery Back Up
The battery is probably the weakest part of smartphones technology so far. They hardly last a day with high pixel resolution displays and more powerful processors. There is a need for compact batteries which can last 3-4 days with a single charge and should be much more compact than the current Generation of batteries.
4K Bezel-less Displays
Though Sony already has a smartphone with 4K display Sony Xperia Z5 – Worlds Highest 806 PPI 4K Display Smartphone Unveiled. Though, it is going to be more common in smartphones by the year 2020. Xiaomi has the Mi Mix now which is a true bezel-less device; more refinements will happen to that design in coming years. Additional and evolution of flexible displays is something which is also on the cards. iPhone 8 and smartphones from Lenovo are expected to go with some of these.
With Google Assist and Siri, Apple and Google are trying to bring in more artificial intelligence to the smartphones and mobile computing devices. They are still in development and far away from being a good digital assistant. But in 2-3 years they may become smarter and a true assistant in helping with daily tasks.
Google’s project tango along with Lenovo is the first step towards the augmented reality. Tim Cook also has said multiple times that Apple is thinking big about the Augmented reality and it could be a more prominent development even when compared to the VR.
While the virtual reality is getting some steam in the recent years, there is much more to be done before the technology becomes mainstream. Both the user experience and price for using it will come down by 2020. There will be more 3D content, videos, images and games which can make the technology popular. Google is working on daydream while there are several more VR developments from Samsung, Oculus, Sony, and HTC.
Seamless Connectivity (4G, 5G)
4G and 5G networks – I think the worst part in modern smartphones is lack of seamless connectivity which kills the user experience. The 3G or 4G network just fail anytime, you can’t surf or watch your favorite content because of network issues. A more robust network rollout, and availability can boost the user experience in future.
The vision for perfect future smartphones will have many more additions over time, and we continue to add new things to this article as we proceed further.
So that’s all from my side if you may like to read about top performance phones.