Building a gaming PC is the most fun activity and you have so many combinations to choose from. However, it is important to choose all compatible components and in a way that your gaming experience is best for the money, you spend on building it.
This is a brief guide and 4 custom builds made especially for your budget. It is overwhelming to decide between an AMD or Intel processor or AMD or Nvidia graphics card. We don’t favor any brand nor is Candytech sponsored by any of the brands, so you can rest assured that my views are neutral and only based on best value for money products.
We will use the Z87 board for the Intel based builds here I don’t see any advantage of using a slightly expensive Z97 motherboard with these build as there is no performance gain. Also will avoid the current generation AMD 9590 processors as they are really power hungry, heat producing and lack processing muscle.
In this article, we will have two builds based on the AMD architecture and 2 builds based on the Intel Architecture. The budget we will start with the Rs. 70000 gaming Rig and gradually reach the Rs. 80,000 gaming rig.
AMD builds are for Over-clockers who can squeeze out the last drop of performance from the AMD RIG.
Also, will have to add then higher wattage SMPS, motherboard, and cooler which will make the gaming build even more costly without much performance gain. We are not adding a higher wattage SMPS and cabinet size is only adequate to house 1 graphics card so if you plan to build it for crossfire or SLI you may need to alter these two components.
All the components we have selected to build these four Rigs offers great performance per Rupee.
Here are 5 earlier Articles which you can read if you want to explore more options:
- 3 Best Gaming PC configuration for Rs. 40,000 or $ 600.
- 3 Best Gaming PC configuration for Rs. 50,000 or & $700.
- 4 Best Gaming PC configuration for Rs. 60000 or $800.
- 3 Best Gaming PC configuration for Rs. 30,000 or $500.
- Overclocking Guide for Beginners & Advanced Users
Please pardon me for any price fluctuations as they are country specific and vary from time to time but the recommendation for hardware is universal.
In this build we will try to make an incredible Gaming Rig meant for playing games 1920*1080 resolution. The Full HD is a good resolution for gaming, anything below it will be inappropriate, for a for a Gaming PC configuration of Rs. 70000 or $ 1000. Here is a recent article to check out some good monitors available for a budget.
Also if you want to read about AMD Motherboards and which are bang for buck, you can glance through Best AMD Motherboards for AM3+ Socket.
If you are confused what to buy whether a PC or a high end laptop here is an article for you, why it is better to buy a Gaming PC rather than buying a Gaming laptop.
Also you can read how much VRAM is required to play games on FHD or below and will buying a 2Gb card or a 4Gb card make a difference at 1080p.
AMD Gaming PC Configuration Rs. 70000
AMD Build Processor : We will use an AMD FX 8350 the pile driver which is one of the best selling processor from AMD stable. Why Not to choose a Bulldozer Architecture CPU – The Bulldozer based FX-8150 had a 3.8Ghz base clock while the Piledriver based FX-8350 has a base clock of a 4Ghz and it also overclocks better compared to the Bull Dozer. The increase in performance per clock and a five percent boost in raw clock speed, AMD targeted 10 to 15 increase in performance when they launched the AMD FX 8350.
Key Features of AMD FX 8350
- AM3 Socket Type.
- 8 MB (L2).
- 64-bit Architechture.
- 32 nm Manufacturing Process.
- 8 Cores.
- 4 GHz Clock Speed.
- Price Rs. 12,400 which is equivalent to the Intel i5 4440 processor and it delivers performance close to Intel Core i5 but lags in some of the gaming benchmarks.
Cabinet – Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet – Priced @ 3500
- Maximum Graphics Card Size 12.4 inch. Can house any bigger graphics card with ease
- Dimensions 219 x 416 x 487 mm.
- Maximum Cooling Unit Height Supported 162 mm
Cooler Master Force 500 FOR-500-KKN1) ATX Cabinet – Priced @ 36,00
- Top mounted PSU slot for best PSU compatibility.
- Large tray cut-out for easy CPU cooler installation.
- Supports all High-End VGAs including the HD7990.
- VGA cooling vent with 120/140 mm fan support.
- HDD cooling vent with 2x120mm fan support.
RAM – Corsair Vengeance 8 GB Ram (4*2) sticks.
- 9-9-9 CAS Latency.
- DIMM Memory Module.
- 240-pin Configuration.
- 5 V Specified Voltage.
- Memory Type 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 DIMM.
Monitor – Dell S2240L 21.5 Inch IPS Monitor
Specifications Dell S2240L 21.5 inch Monitor
- Full HD/HD Display.
- Brightness: 250 nits.
- 5 inch LED Backlit LCD Display.
- 1000:1 Contrast Ratio.
- IPS Panel Type.
- 1920 x 1080 pixel Resolution.
Power Supply Corsair VS650 650 Watt PSU – This is a good power supply and will serve the purpose comes with 3 year domestic warranty and offers 85% efficiency. It is good for a single card configuration. If you are looking to do a cross fire or Sli would suggest a 750 Watt PSU.
ASRock 970 Extreme 4 Motherboard AM3+
Key Specs for the Motherboard ASRock 970 Extreme 4
- Maximum 64 GB DDR3 RAM Supported.
- RAM frequency Supported by the motherboard – 1866 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1600 MHz, 1333 MHz, 1066 MHz, 800 MHz.
- Dual Channel DIMM Memory.
- 4 Memory Slots.
- AM3+ Socket Type.
- Multi- GPU Support – AMD CrossFireX, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX, AMD Quad CrossFireX, NVIDIA SLI, NVIDIA Quad SLI.
- Other ASRock useful features – ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU), ASRock Instant Boot, ASRock Instant Flash, ASRock APP Charger.
- PCIe x16 Slots, Generation – 3, 2.0.
- Processor Overclocking Supported – Yes, Untied Overclocking Technology.
- Compatible Processors – AM3 Processor and AM3+ processors 8-Core CPU FX 8350 FX 8150.
Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 770
Nvidia GTX 770 should be able to meet all the gaming needs barring some of the gaming titles like Assassin’s Creed Rogue which can melt any powerful graphics processor. If you are a fan of Call of duty series or battlefield 4 it can easily play on this graphics card and processor combo at high to Ultra with 1080p resolution. It can also play the monstrous game Assassins Creed Rogue with this PC configuration. The GTX 770 outperforms the AMD r9 280X and is much more power efficient.
1). Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GC 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card Priced @ 21,000
2). MSI GeForce GTX N770 TF 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card priced @ 26,000
3). ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 AMP Edition 2 GB Graphics Card priced @ 25,000
Key Specs GTX 770
- Bus – Standard PCI Express 3.0 x16.
- GPU Clock – 1150 MHz.
- 256-bit, 2 GB GDDR5 Memory with 7200 MHz.
- Power Supply Required – 600 W.
- Cooling and Heatsink Fan: 2.
- 2 Years Warranty from Supplier with Additional 3 Years after Registering with Zotac.
MotherBoard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard there are other similar boards also like Asus Z87K but we are taking ASRock extreme 4 as it has good design, excellent UI and ease of overclocking. BIOS is also easy to flash using a USB drive. You can also buy the Asus motherboard or Gigabyte as well.
Refer the Summary for the Build on Next Page
Check Out Our Latest Video and Subscribe to Candytech Channel!!!