Best WiFi Enabled Smart Plugs in India
If you want to control your home’s electronic equipment using your home Wifi network, smart plugs are an ideal addition. Without much investment, these can convert your home to a smart home.
I have been using a couple of these at my home and office, which have made life a bit easy.
To be precise, a smart plug can be described as a wireless on/off switch that makes it easy to control the devices.
The presence of smart plugs has gone a long way in adding huge comfort to our life.
When you come home after a hectic day, you would not like to reach out to the switch physically but prefer to do it through your smartphone or by use of Alexa for those who like voiceover app navigations.
The biggest highlight of the smart plugs is that they let you grab control of your electronics and lightings of your house from the comfort of your bed or couch simply by using your voice or phone.
Also, check out – 10 Work From Home Essentials (Gadgets and Accessories)
You need to speak, “Alexa, switch on the kitchen’s light, and in a blink of an eye, your command will be followed.
One of the best uses for these is to turn on and off the water motor at a scheduled time every day. So I don’t forget to fill the overhead water tank.
You will be glad to know that your regular non-smart electronic appliances will turn smart when using it with a smart plug. This will help you make the correct choice of smart plugs as they have already flooded the market.
Here are the Top 5 Wifi Enabled Smart plugs Worth Buying In India:
1. Oakter 16 Amp WiFi Smart Plug
With Oakter 16 Amp, you will be able to automate your high-power appliance sans any difficulty.
You need to connect it to your Oakter App and schedule the time when you want to turn on or turn off the appliances.
You will be able to switch on and off your devices remotely. The setup process is not complicated.
The smart plug is Ideal for use with :
- Air Conditioner (AC)
- Water Motor.
As it mainly works on Wi-Fi, you may plug it in your usual socket and then plug the appliance you desire to use. Now you can easily automate your appliances. It doesn’t have an on or off switch useful in case of power or internet outage.
- It can support up to 3.6 KM at 230V operational range.
- It offers easy configuration.
- You will get inbuilt protection against power surges.
- It has been designed to tackle the frequent power outages.
- You will get a one-year replacement warranty.
- Available for Rs 999
2. Orient Electric i-Nex WiFi Enabled Smart Socket Plug 10Amp
Orient Electric WiFi-enabled smart socket offers strong compatibility with Amazon Echo and Google Home. The smart socket is available in plastic material and a glossy finish.
The smart plug is slightly more expensive but gets voice controls and can use Alexa or Google Assistant to control the appliances.
You can buy it in white color. The package contents include 1 Unit Orient i-Nex Smart Plug, Warranty card, and Manual. It offers voice control that allows you to operate any home device.
- It is Wi-Fi enabled, which implies that any home device linked to the smart plug can be operated anywhere simply by downloading the Orient Smart app.
- It is equipped with a schedule timer through which you may create customized timers from the app.
- Scheduling and timer.
- A smart plug comes with a physical switch.
- It features 3 pin plug.
- The safe to use device can protect your electrical home devices effortlessly.
- Available for Rs. 1099
3. Ambrane WiFi Smart Plug 10A
You can remote control your devices from anywhere in the world simply by using Ambrane smart life app. There will be no requirement for a hub. It offers users compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- You will enjoy the simultaneous control that will let you operate several devices with one app.
- You need to set timers and schedules for automatic switch on and off of devices.
- It helps in operating several electronic appliances sans any hassle.
- Easy installation
- The plug is appropriate to work with small to medium-sized electrical appliances.
- It has been priced at Rs 899
4. Syska SSK-MWP-002 ABS Smart Wi-Fi Enabled Plug (White)
It is available with a Wi-Fi plug that makes it innovative and technically advanced. The smart Wi-Fi plug is a smart device that can be controlled via voice assistants like Amazon Alexa.
It can easily switch on and off the connected devices via the Syska Smart Home App.
- You will be able to switch on and off your connected devices according to the scheduled time.
- It can significantly prevent your devices from overheating.
- It will add huge convenience to your life.
- You can also monitor your energy consumption through the app.
- It is appropriate for smaller appliances like TV, Mobiles, lamps, etc.
- It comes with a power meter that has an effective child safety shutter.
- Price – Rs 2199
5. Wipro 10A smart plug with energy monitoring
The smart plug is appropriate for small appliances such as electric kettle, mobile, air purifiers, laptop chargers, etc. The price of the Wipro smart plug is low and makes it a good value for money offerings for most users.
It works effectively with Alexa and Google Assistant. It is available in Polycarbonate material and white color. You will get a one year warranty when you buy it.
- You will be able to control electrical devices from any corner of the globe with the Wipro Smart app on your phone.
- You can track the energy consumption of your device.
- Gives you voice control
- It allows you to schedules your devices to switch on and off at set times.
- It has been priced at Rs 899
Concluding Thoughts and Advantages of Using Smart Plugs
If you want to control heavy appliances like a geyser, AC, or electric heater, the Oakter 16 AMP plug is an excellent choice. It is affordable, as well as reliable, and easy to use.
For other appliances, you can pick the rest of the smart plugs that I have mentioned. I have used Wipro and Oakter, and both offer good and stable connectivity.
Advantages of smart plugs:
Energy-saving: You will get many dimming options with a smart plug, and therefore, you will be able to control your energy consumption. It will help you save energy and control your inflated electricity bills. You can do it from an app on a smartphone or by setting up motion detectors that may dim lights when movements are lesser. You may install motion detector sensors in every room as per your requirement.
Prepare schedules: When you have a smart plug, you will organize schedules for your home lighting or switching on or off of specific home appliances like water geyser or fan. You may also schedule the security lights to switch on during the night, especially when you are not home. You may also schedule the air conditioner to switch on at 1 am when the mercury begins to surge.
Compatibility: The smart plugs are equipped with built-in features that can make them compatible with several platforms for extra voice commands and scenes. The smart plug can be controlled without any hassle with several smart home devices from a similar mobile app. It is vital to blend a smart plug with the correct home assistant. Therefore, it is crucial to find out if the one you decide to purchase offers compatibility with common home voice assistants such as Alexa, Nest, Google Assistant that works fine for you.
Convenience: You will enjoy huge convenience when you have got smart plugs in your home. You can remotely control your fan speed, the color brightness of lights in various rooms, etc. from your comfort zone.
Why will you need a smart light switch or plug?
These devices offer users a huge amount of safety and security when you are away from their homes.
With the help of smart plugs, you can easily track your energy consumption and control your surging electricity bills without spending any major effort. When you connect the products with your mobile app, you will control your lighting from your smartphone. You will enjoy amazing peace of mind and protect your home as well when you buy these switches.
Written By – Renu Baliyan